Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    What people don't understand is you can grind in the game, buy a token with gold, right click and turn it into $15. So there's really no reason except it's probably more efficient to buy it with real money than spend the time grinding.
    So you're not playing the game because it's fun - you're playing it because it's a way to make money. You've just turned a video game into a job, and not a particularly well-paying one.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So you're not playing the game because it's fun - you're playing it because it's a way to make money. You've just turned a video game into a job, and not a particularly well-paying one.
    Just because you don't find it fun, many others do.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    God dammit. Why is it that every time someone cites regular anti-consumer business practice, some jackass always tries to hand-wave it away with "T3H EV1L CORPORATION!".

I'll take my infraction. Sick of people defending or rationalizing this garbage. It's not evil, it's greedy and anti-consumer. But I suppose you LIKE it when stuff like this is in the game? Fuck off. Really. So sick and tired of people thinking it's fine when the gaming world is on fire.

Even if I'm overreacting or reading too much into it, Blizzard fucking deserves every ounce of it.
    Because you're stretching to see something that isn't blatantly there and pretending like it is.

You wanna shit on blizzard for everything to do with WC3 reforged and how they've betrayed their values or other such examples in recent years I'm right there with you....

But this shit about reducing gold from old raids being an evil conspiracy to get people to buy tokens is just that... conspiracy theories. It isn't healthy for the game to have such an easy way to make large amounts of gold and as more and more raids become farmable in such a manner it will continue to skyrocket inflation. Its no different than the garrison mission table being extremely unhealthy for the game by generating massive amounts of gold through an idle game... but I don't see you saying that them removing the majority of the gold from there was a conspiracy to buy more tokens. This kinda thing just gives bots and players more avenues to generate massive amounts of gold that new players will forever be playing catch up on unless they do something that generates large amount of golds like sales or.... buying tokens.

Its not defending blizzard, you're just being silly.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I don't know anything about any tournament stuffs since I have no interest nor follow any of it, so I cannot comment. Businesses always look for additional revenue streams, it doesn't mean they are greedy. If an employee asks for a raise does that mean they are greedy? Everyone always wants more. I would agree with you if there were a constant barrage of pets, mounts, and cosmetics being added to the store. There just isn't. It's just about 2 a year. and for the last 5 years they have been purchasable via in game means.

It's no secrete I owned a lawn care business. If someone just wanted a season of lawn fertilization, was I greedy to make them pay for grub protection? What about a perimeter pest application? I mean they are already paying for their regular lawn care. I just don't get this. This is normal business add ons, or even premium products/services. Yet only here, even though this happens way worse in FF14 and barely a stink is made, does this get shit on.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. I only think one mount looks better than the ones I normally use in game and that was the arcane cat thingy.
    You are absolutely part of the minority with that opinion. You can only get things like ghost ship mount from the in game store. Meanwhile, there's just piles of horse and raptor mounts in the game to earn without money.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    If people didn't buy them, it wouldn't.

People do buy them, so they do.

Welcome to capitalism.
    You're not wrong, consumers are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's the thing, though. What seems easy to you because you're familiar with it, could be completely unknown to others.

Now...the original person I quoted claimed that 300k is not a huge sum as long as you're "not lazy". Do you believe that, using the methods you described, that such a figure is easily obtainable? And how long do you think it would take?
    Yes. 300k isnt a lot of gold and it will take you a month or so to make if you are chill about the auction house just reposting twice a day. The most time consuming part is the set up which can take a couple of months but when thats done its a lot of gold. Ive always been surprised when people say making gold is hard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You are absolutely part of the minority with that opinion. You can only get things like ghost ship mount from the in game store. Meanwhile, there's just piles of horse and raptor mounts in the game to earn without money.
    There are a lot of cool and interesting mounts in-game -_- you just gotta farm them, heck some of the better ones from previous have become trivial to get

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Yes. 300k isnt a lot of gold and it will take you a month or so to make if you are chill about the auction house just reposting twice a day. The most time consuming part is the set up which can take a couple of months but when thats done its a lot of gold. Ive always been surprised when people say making gold is hard

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of cool and interesting mounts in-game -_- you just gotta farm them, heck some of the better ones from previous have become trivial to get
    But they're all the same old skeletons with a new paint job whereas most of the store mounts not only have unique skeletons for the models but they're also far more detailed than the mounts you can earn in game.

I find the ghost ship gaudy. But for every sparkly mount on the store there is a Heroic/Mythic SoO scorpion, BRF Ironhoof destroyer, or Core Hound in game. Actually more.
    Last edited by SirBeef; 2020-10-25 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Not that I agree with the OP, but this is an odd argument. If someone's money is so tight that they can't afford a six month sub, then they can't afford having a WoW sub in the first place. Upfront cost or not.
    For people with jobs sure. College students without rich parents may feel a little different about your statement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    A lot people have millions of gold and continue to easily make it based on their play style. But they don't spend it on the store. I use the gold each cycle to buy the expansion and maybe COD. Regardless the OP is trying to create controversy where it doesn't exist.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    You're not wrong, consumers are idiots.
    Gamers love right-wing capitalistic ideals until they get applied to video games.

I find the ghost ship gaudy. But for every sparkly mount on the store there is a Heroic/Mythic SoO scorpion, BRF Ironhoof destroyer, or Core Hound in game. Actually more.
    All three of the mounts you listed are just reskins. They're also nowhere near as detailed and smooth looking as store mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    For people with jobs sure. College students without rich parents may feel a little different about your statement.
    Not sure why you are making a clear distinction for college students. Need a little more explanation than they would "feel" differently?

All three of the mounts you listed are just reskins. They're also nowhere near as detailed and smooth looking as store mounts.
    Every single store mount besides heart of the aspects is a reskin. The dreadwake is just a slightly modified mimirons head
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Every single store mount besides heart of the aspects is a reskin. The dreadwake is just a slightly modified mimirons head
    ....What? No it isn't. The skeleton is way different. The textures of each store mount is also WORLDS better than anything available outside of the store.

Doesn't fucking matter. You shifted the goalposts from highly detailed and cool looking to unique skeletons.

Doesn't fucking matter. You shifted the goalposts from highly detailed and cool looking to unique skeletons.
    I didn't shift ANYTHING. Everything in the shop is far better looking texture wise than anything you can earn in game. I simply ADDED that the store mounts also have unique skeletons. If I was shifting the goalposts, then I wouldn't have continued to stay on topic. I still stand by the fact that the store mounts get unique skeletons and they also get far better tdetail.

I didn't shift ANYTHING. Everything in the shop is far better looking texture wise than anything you can earn in game. I simply ADDED that the store mounts also have unique skeletons. If I was shifting the goalposts, then I wouldn't have continued to stay on topic. I still stand by the fact that the store mounts get unique skeletons and they also get far better tdetail.
    Sure you did. You initially claimed it was all about texture and detail. I pointed out a few detailed and unique mounts not in the store, then you came back with but they have different skeletons. That's classic goalpost moving.

And everything in the shop isn't more detailed than everything in the game. Have you seen the PvP mounts. Thise are pretty detailed. Looks are subjective and you know it. So that really is a non point.

Sure you did. You initially claimed it was all about texture and detail. I pointed out a few detailed and unique mounts not in the store, then you came back with but they have different skeletons. That's classic goalpost moving.

And everything in the shop isn't more detailed than everything in the game. Have you seen the PvP mounts. Thise are pretty detailed. Looks are subjective and you know it. So that really is a non point.
    And the mounts you listed absolutely are nowhere near as polished as store mounts. I'm not moving the goalposts at all. If I was, you would have had to refute my point. You didn't so no goalpost have been moved. Just because you don't have a proper point doesn't mean I'm moving the goalposts.

Store mounts look far more polished and have much better animations. Some of the pvp mounts look nice but they're nothing compared to store mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Children just wanna be outraged, however minor or stupid it is....
    That is true, BUT it is not only about it costing 20€. There are so many issues with cosmetics in the game. Like clipping issues of the heritage armor for Nightborne. Let that sink in. Clipping issues for an armor set, which can only be worn by one race, for 2-3 years now, and yet the fucking fluffy dog mount got 2 fixes within days. DAYS. That is something to be outraged about imo, because it is treating customers like shit, even though they are already paying for expacs and subs.