Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    They literally flipped the Soulbind trees in today's update. That's a little more than 'tuning'. There are still covenant abilities like Soul Rot for warlocks and Convoke the Spirits for druids that are just trash.
    That literally is tuning, they didn't massively change any of them, they just moved them around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    literally 10000's of other games exist.

Go play something else for a few months, goddamn.
    Nothing I want to play. So I just keep playing beta at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    But that's exactly the point. they can refund if you're unhappy if the product isn't delivered by the estimated time. They have no legal obligation to meet that timeframe
    Don't argue law if you don't understand the terminology. Legal obligation doesn't mean you are forced to meet your obligations (I mean hell, what logic is that even?) - it just means that if you don't meet your obligation, you might face other consequences. Which in this case, at least where I live, would be to offer refunds. For example, a non-disclosure agreement is legally binding. You have a legal obligation to keep your mouth shut, but no one can force you to be shut. You'll just face consequences if you break the agreement.

For some reason people seem to confuse "legally binding" with something that puts you into jail or something similar. Many things are legally binding yet there are zero consequences if you don't meet your legal obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    But refunding is the legal anulllment of the contract... so yes, their legal obligation is delivering by the specified time, if they can't or won't they have the legal obligation to refund our money.

It would be different if there was no time specified in the pre-order, then they could release whenever and had no obligation to refund, but since there is, they are under obligation and the contract hinges on this date.

For example, the same would be true if you order a buffet for a wedding. The wedding day is of course part of the contract, because you have no use for the food before or after that date, hence the caterer is legally obligated to deliver on that date or refund you, if they cannot do so.

- - - Updated - - -

That would end in a disaster. Another 10 month? No thanks. I am a big fan of the game but even I am not waiting almost another year for this expansion with nothing to do in game. People would unsub en masse and Blizzard would loose a ton of money. That is just not gonna happen.
    I'm not saying it's happening, I'm saying I'd prefer it over a shit product at launch, if rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Hopefully it comes out in 2021. I want them to take their time and make something good instead of rushing it to appease impatient people like you, only for you to then moan a month after release how the expansion sucks and there's nothing to do.

Good things take time. The reason why Ulduar was the best raid is because the first raid tier had 2 mini raids and rehashed Naxx, they had lots of time to work on Ulduar. The reason why Legion was awesome, is because they cancelled WoD and had lots of time to work on Legion.

Blizzard needs time to make great things. And I'd rather wait til August of next year and get something fantastic than get something bad in 2020.
    You’re overly optimistic if you think more time is going to make a huge difference. They need more time because they designed the self into a corner and now they are stuck.

Even by your example; a lot of people consider wod a better expansion then legion. Even with all the design time legion had many flaws. Wod an expansion thst was clearly abandoned was great, the biggest complaint was a lack of content.

Guess what’s going to happen here? Blizzard is going to delay shadowlands, which will give them less time to develop further patches in shadowlands which means less content in the long run. There’s even a chance shadowlands just get abandoned like wod so they can work on their next expansion.

Blizzard is not going to be productive with this extra time and if you wanted a polished game released you’re going to be waiting another year for shadowlands, get worse patch content, and blizzard abandoning the end of the Shadowlands expansion for their next.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    2021 is looking more and more likely.
    I hope so. Delaying the expansion for only a few weeks would make no difference. The only reason they would release Shadowlands this year is that allmighty shareholder money. And we all know thats priority number 1.

Release in late january would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I hope so. Delaying the expansion for only a few weeks would make no difference. The only reason they would release Shadowlands this year is that allmighty shareholder money. And we all know thats priority number 1.

Release in late january would be nice.
    Honestly, the changes from the last weeks have been mostly negative. If they walk this path further, a launch next week would have been better than a delay for several months where they change things for the worse.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    You’re overly optimistic if you think more time is going to make a huge difference. They need more time because they designed the self into a corner and now they are stuck.
    The hard hitting reality.

You could have 2x the developers focusing solely on tuning, and they wouldn't be able to get this right. It's exponentially more difficult than anything they've ever had to tune before. Classes getting power by legendaries that get power by conduits/soulbinds that get amplified by class abilities? Yikes. That's a few orders of magnitude more difficult than Azerite Traits, and that killed an entire expansion.

December 15th. Mark my words.

I know, i know, there are many release date speculation threads out there, but i just had to open up one myself.

I'm 100% certain that shadowlands will release in december 15th. And here's why:

1. It's after Thanksgiving
    2. It's after the US election
    3. It's before Christmas
    4. It's still in 2020
    5. It should give the devs enough time to fix a lot of stuff
    6. Going by previous expansions, the raid drops 3 weeks after release. That'd put castle nathria release to january 5th
    7. January 5th is after holiday season
    8. Noone would be having to rush towards anything
    9. TBH noone really expected a november release when the delay was announced
    10. I wanted 10 bullet points but can't think of a 10th ^^.

Oh I guess it is 3 weeks for the raid, I thought it was 2 for some reason.

As usual you'll get a ton of replies shitting on you for X reason, but this date actually makes sense to me.

I'd take it because I have to submit my bachelor thesis on december 14th, would be a lovely rest of the year.

15th seems a bit too close to Christmas. 8th seems like a better date, but in the end one week more or less doesn’t really matter.
    Vote #Jaina!
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    15th seems a bit too close to Christmas. 8th seems like a better date, but in the end one week more or less doesn’t really matter.
    They can't completely avoid a major holiday at this point. If they do the 8th, they have to delay the raid release which throws early expansion gearing out of wack.

The 1st makes sense also, but Bliz cares about the 0.01% of players who will be pushing mythic nathria week 1, so that probably won't work out either.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2020-10-22 at 10:01 PM.

Expect bad news on the 29th with the Activision earnings call. Im guessing sometime q1 next year for Shadowlands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandermill View Post
    Expect bad news on the 29th with the Activision earnings call. Im guessing sometime q1 next year for Shadowlands now.
    That's good news not bad. Plenty of games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    That's good news not bad. Plenty of games to play.
    Trails of Cold Steel 4 and Cyberpunk say hi.

They can't completely avoid a major holiday at this point. If they do the 8th, they have to delay the raid release which throws early expansion gearing out of wack.

The 1st makes sense also, but Bliz cares about the 0.01% of players who will be pushing mythic nathria week 1, so that probably won't work out either.
    As I said, one week more or less doesn’t matter. If we wait 4 weeks until the raid or 5 changes nothing. Especially with holidays in between it‘s even easier because many players will have other things to do, are on vacation or whatever.

In no December scenario will the raid launch this year.
    Vote #Jaina!
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As I said, one week more or less doesn’t matter. If we wait 4 weeks until the raid or 5 changes nothing. Especially with holidays in between it‘s even easier because many players will have other things to do, are on vacation or whatever.

In no December scenario will the raid launch this year.
    It does matter because people go into the raid much better geared. Every extra week is more and more gear.

Which means they have to either adjust tuning in the raid, or it's going to be an overly easy raid.

I doubt they'd adjust tuning. Too much effort.

I'm not against that necessarily, to be clear. I'm ok with easy first raids.

I'm not against that necessarily, to be clear. I'm ok with easy first raids.
    People do need an introduction to raiding, as opposed to Cata where all four of your potential 'first boss' fights (Halfus, Magmaw, Omnotron and Conclave) were varying flavours of bullshit.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Except that the last promotion was in July, so no it is not every 6 months. This is a "please don't leave us, because of the delay" promotion.
    The cosmetic set is absolutely dreadful looking. I wouldn't wear that even if I got it for free. The wings are the only things that are okay and even then, it's far from being worth 6 months of subscription for a game that will get no new content more than likely for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Don't argue law if you don't understand the terminology. Legal obligation doesn't mean you are forced to meet your obligations (I mean hell, what logic is that even?) - it just means that if you don't meet your obligation, you might face other consequences. Which in this case, at least where I live, would be to offer refunds. For example, a non-disclosure agreement is legally binding. You have a legal obligation to keep your mouth shut, but no one can force you to be shut. You'll just face consequences if you break the agreement.

For some reason people seem to confuse "legally binding" with something that puts you into jail or something similar. Many things are legally binding yet there are zero consequences if you don't meet your legal obligations.
    Again, they will just offer refund if someone objects to them no releasing by 31st December. Like they did for WC3R. I took them up on that refund, not because of the delay, but

No one gives a shit if you want to argue semantics on what they are or are not required to do by law, and I can absolutely guarantee that you are not going to win a legal battle with Activision-Blizzard because they didn't release something by a proposed date.