Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    The scourge event will get tedious. Been there, did that... It got cut short last time so I wouldn't expect that to start until like 2 weeks before the release date so they don't get swamped by whining again. I have no problem with the delay. I have no problem with them not announcing a release date.
    Well, getting turned into a ghoul isn't all there is to it this time. There will be dailies, bosses, mog, and probably pets and a mount to earn in Icecrown this time around. I haven't looked into it too deeply to keep the surpsie.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Citation needed.
    Yes hello this is the confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterwinter View Post
    I think it is fairly obvious at this point it will be in November or December. They can't really go back on their word in the original trailer - "On or before December 31st 2020"

I'm not particularly impatient for them to state the release date Though I know it will have to decently align to when they activate the prepatch quest content.
    Well, they actually can since they started to offer refunds for everyone who prepurchased.
    Since they're willing to give you your money back they're not legally bound to any date anymore - and since they've gone back on their word once.... there's nothing stopping them from going back on it twice if it's all in the name of supposedly 'making the game better'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Well, they actually can since they started to offer refunds for everyone who prepurchased.
    Since they're willing to give you your money back they're not legally bound to any date anymore - and since they've gone back on their word once.... there's nothing stopping them from going back on it twice if it's all in the name of supposedly 'making the game better'.
    shareholders my friend

if they dont release in december then they have a very thick early year schedule
    lets say early january release right
    2 weeks for normal raid
    3 weeks for mythic raid unlock
    blizzconline is feb 20th which is where 9.1 is announced....thats really early when a lot of players will still be raiding and not be anywhere near finished with the covenant campaign which would lead into 9.1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Well, getting turned into a ghoul isn't all there is to it this time. There will be dailies, bosses, mog, and probably pets and a mount to earn in Icecrown this time around. I haven't looked into it too deeply to keep the surpsie.
    no pet or mount

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaussf View Post
    november 24, is already confirmed.
    no it's not, quit your bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no it's not, quit your bullshit
    yeah...its actual december 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    sigh, they have not "started" giving refunds, they have always given refunds for pre-orders, both now and previous expansions because they are required to do so by EU law and its easier to make it a general policy then check each nations laws when someone requests.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    It's totally okay that there's been nothing confirmed yet. They're still hammering out so many problems on the beta. Besides, every day that goes by the less likely it is I have to choose between properly enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 and WoW.
    Finally the first comment I've seen from someone who truly gets it.

Thinking we might get the new release date today, seeing as it's the "old" release date when SL was meant to launch. Or at least a date for the Scourge invasion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost more focused on a release date announcement more than the release date itself. I see a couple of people mentioned 30 days notice of release and I was wondering about that. Something short, like 2 weeks, would suck for me personally (and I also don't think Blizzard cares at all about the "people need time to schedule vacation time to play" argument - nor should they). Instead, I was hoping there would be some logistical reason(s) that it would be more likely to be at least 30 days. ARE there marketing and/or distribution reasons or requirements that would more or less dictate that there would/should be a minimum of 30 days notice for release? If so (and I would think there are, but I know absolutely nothing about this topic) then no announcement by 11/1 would rule out 12/1 release date, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Thinking we might get the new release date today, seeing as it's the "old" release date when SL was meant to launch. Or at least a date for the Scourge invasion.
    That was my thinking. If not today, then at least this week.

Probably wishful thinking, though... They don't want another premature announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    I'm almost more focused on a release date announcement more than the release date itself. I see a couple of people mentioned 30 days notice of release and I was wondering about that. Something short, like 2 weeks, would suck for me personally (and I also don't think Blizzard cares at all about the "people need time to schedule vacation time to play" argument - nor should they). Instead, I was hoping there would be some logistical reason(s) that it would be more likely to be at least 30 days. ARE there marketing and/or distribution reasons or requirements that would more or less dictate that there would/should be a minimum of 30 days notice for release?
    When it comes to physical copies there is certainly some amount of time needed to manufacture.and deliver them to the stores. I seem to recall from the various games I worked on that you need roughly a month between delivering the gold master and the release date, even though where I work currently we like to have a bigger margin of error, and now that I work for a large company I don't really know much of the details of the release process anyway.

Now the situation here is different because the gold master and manufacturing was likely already started before they decided to postpone the release. And the collector edition have already shipped.

So I doubt they need a lot of delay to account for the logistics of delivering physical copies to the stores, because for all we know they're already sitting in storage depots somewhere, waiting for the new release date.

Now when it comes to marketing, I would believe they need a little time to do a new marketing campaign to wake up people and drum up the release (again). They're not going to just release it unannounced, anyway. I have no idea of the kind of time frame they would need here though, because marketing isn't my domain of expertise. Two weeks? Three? A whole month? I don't know.

I mean... how can they announce the release date today when the things they wanted to bring to beta in October aren't even in beta yet (speaking mostly about The Maw changes). With such a big part still missing, I don't see any plausible argument for a release date announcement yet. What if the additions to the Maw are bug ridden or game breaking? Plus, Covenant skills for many classes still suck. They have done so little in the last 3 weeks in that regard, a new release date announcement this week would really seem premature.

In the best case, we're looking at a maximum of 4 weeks of beta with a December release (e.g. 3-4 beta updates when we go by the last weeks). This really isn't much left to test some major changes.

With the quarterly results looming around the corner, we might be looking for any kind of release announcement, but if it's a release date or a delay to Q1/2021 has to be seen.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-26 at 01:57 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

delay it to 2021 at this point idgaf

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

no pet or mount
    on PTR: pet yes, mount was non existent.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=183621/putrid-geist << the pet. and it is cageable, says comment

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    pre event blue quests ? some immediately, some after a certain stage of questline.

very spoilery spoilers about the event quests, follow link on your own risk

10+ Year Old Account
    On that note, does anyone know if we need to have finished the War Campaign to be eligible for the pre-event main story quests?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    On that note, does anyone know if we need to have finished the War Campaign to be eligible for the pre-event main story quests?
    no, its made for new and returning players and pretty much for everyone

[QUOTE=ranzino;52755189]pre event blue quests ? some immediately, some after a certain stage of questline.

I mostly meant the release date of the Dailies themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbeef View Post
    I mostly meant the release date of the Dailies themselves.
    At the same time.

You have to do the story, and then you get some of the dailies. Then with second phase, you get some more after the second story chain.