Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Assuming you're saying causation does not equal correlation (I don't think that is how you type it) this has happened too many times to just be a coincidence.
    What other times do you believe Blizzard have done this?

And its not that it does not equal, its that it does not imply. You understood it perfectly, there is no need to attack Grammar, which fyi is against the rules of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Let's all reflect on the fact that it is already almost the original release date and there is still no new release date announcement.
    And also the new please-don't-leave-us desperate 6-month "promotion."
    2021 is looking more and more likely.
    I don't see the connection between the transmog set and the release date. It is definitely coming this year, most likely mid-November or just after Thanksgiving.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

haha cyberpunk delayed till december, rip wow if its also december

Honestly, if they were planning for Nov 17th (based on char services end date) then they probably received the best news ever today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I don't see the connection between the transmog set and the release date. It is definitely coming this year, most likely mid-November or just after Thanksgiving.
    So you are expecting the PRE-expansion event to continue into the first week or 2 of the new expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So you are expecting the PRE-expansion event to continue into the first week or 2 of the new expansion?
    i think taht the plan was for the event to start today but obvious things delayed it

hits next week then maybe a week gap then part 2

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i think taht the plan was for the event to start today but obvious things delayed it

hits next week then maybe a week gap then part 2
    So the pre expansion event is only 1 week of content?

Both pre-patch part 2 next week/release on Nov 24, and PPP2 the following week/release Dec 1 have merit in my opinion. December 8 is a possibility too, but it won’t be later than that. You’re absolutely dreaming if you think they aren’t releasing in 2020 whether it’s “done” or not.

I feel like the Cyberpunk delay might impact the release date.

- If they think it can realistically be ready for November 17, I could see them forcing it forward to get it out November 17 and take advantage of the window that Cyberpunk vacated. I still can't see November 24 due to Thanksgiving though, and if they really were going to release it November 17, they have to announce it like imminently.
    - That said, with all of the disruption from the fires this week, etc., thinking that they have the nimbleness to change course on a release date on the fly might be unrealistic.
    - If they try and release December 1 or 8, they are now likely going to get destroyed by Cyberpunk in terms of the sales impact. My gut feeling is that they were depending on releasing on one of these 2 dates, giving them a 2 week separation cushion. If that's the earliest they are able to release, I wouldn't be shocked if they just pull the cord and push to 2021 especially if their options are (1) rushing it for November 17 and releasing it in a shit state which would be horrible publicity to release a crappy expac after already delaying it (2) releasing it on top of Cyberpunk, killing hype and sales (3) releasing it right at Christmas and forcing their employees to cancel vacation plans to accommodate - if those are the options, 2021 doesn't sound that bad.
    - I think the events this week (fire) and today with the Cyberpunk delay increased the chances of a 2021 release.
    - Activision quarterly results call is this Thursday. If they are actually going to release in 2020, it wouldn't be surprising to get a release date announcement during or just before this call (to have good news for investors). If they are planning for a second delay, they would probably want to wait until shortly after this call to announce anything, so this could be telling.

So the pre expansion event is only 1 week of content?
    do we have a release date???
    is it mid november??

I've always said Blizz should do 2 years of content 1 year maintenance mode

And its not that it does not equal, its that it does not imply. You understood it perfectly, there is no need to attack Grammar, which fyi is against the rules of the site.
    I don't think that has anything to do with grammar, I read it as Causation divided by Correlation but I know what you meant because that's the only thing anyone ever means when they put those two words together lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

if something happened one time, it's a coincidence. If something happened too many times, it's a pattern.

8.2 was dropped 2 days before shadowbringers launched. There are others but I cba googling them.

6.2 was dropped literally on the same day as another expansion, heavensward.

BFA prepatch was released 3 days after FFXIV 4.1 release date

Blizzard always try and target FFXIV patches with their updates whenever possible.
    Last edited by TS26; 2020-10-28 at 09:02 AM.

I mean if a patch or two through the years just happened to line up with the competition releases then yeah I would say huge coincidence

The fact that it’s a constant thing though is kinda saying that it’s premeditated. Wildstar is the biggest proof imo with the whole “oh wildstar this hardcore old WoW style mmo releases in a few days huh.....WoD alpha!!!” And then wildstar was essentially dead

This shortage of info from Bliz's side is starting to become annoying. And I am not just talking about a new release date or just a new reassurance of shorts that it will still be in 2020...
    Last edited by orsraunia; 2020-10-28 at 09:34 AM.

Causation / correlation.
    Blizzard has done this throughout WoW's life.

WoW has a history of releasing content when competitors release theirs.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The new brawl schedule is out.....

Funny that people really think Shadowlands could possibly launch on November 17 because Cyberpunk has been delayed. That's in three weeks, they haven't even said anything about a new release date yet. You think they'll just give us less than 3 weeks from announcement to launch?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It's extremely unlikely that they have the necessary production schedule flexibility right now to decide to change the release date in response to cyberpunk's delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Funny that people really think Shadowlands could possibly launch on November 17 because Cyberpunk has been delayed. That's in three weeks, they haven't even said anything about a new release date yet. You think they'll just give us less than 3 weeks from announcement to launch?
    Two weeks is what they'll give us at least.

There's quite a few dates that are very unlikely:

17th of november, the second reset will be during thanksgiving week and many devs traditionally take time off that week.
    24th of november, during the week of thanksgiving, if any critical errors or problems occur it won't get fixed.
    15th of december, the second reset will be during the Christmas week and many devs traditionally take time off that week.
    22nd of december, during the week of Christmas, if any critical errors or problems occur it won't get fixed.

That leaves two very likely dates: 1st of december or the 8th of december.

I'm assuming that the announcement is imminent, most likely next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    Two weeks is what they'll give us at least.

There's quite a few dates that are very unlikely:

17th of november, the second reset will be during thanksgiving week and many devs traditionally take time off that week.
    24th of november, during the week of thanksgiving, if any critical errors or problems occur it won't get fixed.
    15th of december, the second reset will be during the Christmas week and many devs traditionally take time off that week.
    22nd of december, during the week of Christmas, if any critical errors or problems occur it won't get fixed.

That leaves two very likely dates: 1st of december or the 8th of december.

I'm assuming that the announcement is imminent, most likely next week.
    is people in USA not working pretty much anything between novemeber-december? seems every week is some kind of holiday/time off