Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Take 'Grip of the dead' talent and drop dnd and kite a little every once and then. Helps alot.

For dungeons i would also recommened you taking heartbreaker instead of blooddrinker for more rp gain.
    One of the best pieces of unspoken advice. Damage not taken is damage avoided. Kiting is a strategy every tank should learn how and when to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utgarde Pinnacle
    King Ymiron
    Dark Slash now deals appropriate damage on Normal difficulty.

RIP

I have been leveling as BDK also, and i feel your pain. It's is way harder. From the moment you are 44 it gets so much beter.
    At 44 you get the D&D gives heartstrike 3 extra surround hits, meaning way more more runic power. And abit before you get the 10% haste of bones.
    If we had both those at the earlier level, it wouldn't feel so painfull.

Quote Originally Posted by xjentai View Post
    I have been leveling as BDK also, and i feel your pain. It's is way harder. From the moment you are 44 it gets so much beter.
    At 44 you get the D&D gives heartstrike 3 extra surround hits, meaning way more more runic power. And abit before you get the 10% haste of bones.
    If we had both those at the earlier level, it wouldn't feel so painfull.
    It's crazy the difference between specs at various levels. I've been playing a warrior alt and at pretty much no point have I felt gimped.

dungeon scaling damage is a mess. I almost gave up on my DK because I kept doing everything right and kept getting rekd. I took 10x more damage at lvl 30 in dungeons it seems like than I did when i started queueing for heroics at the min ilvl (looking at you mages in escape from durnholde).

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Specifically, with Ymiron it is a healing focused fight (although no one has thought about Wrath heroic tactics in a decade) you have to be topped up or he'll slap your shit. He also has a healing debuff, which is bad for blood.
    This is a good point. Remember, people face rolled Wrath dungeons when they were new, so I’m sure a lot of people never actually knew half the mechanics. And stuff like TBC and Cata haven’t been difficult at all since they were new, even though mechanics did exist.

After the squish with BFA prepatch that also brought increases in both health pools, I started seeing people in Wrath dungeons (and Cata / TBC actually) who were dying over mechanics that they typically ignored before that. Like Ymiron, the boss riding the dragon earlier in the dungeon, the Prince in utgarde keep, and all bosses in Halls of Thunder.

I haven’t played dungeons since this prepatch, but I’ve seen my wife have some groups struggle in WoD normals, so I’m guessing it’s a similar story across the board now.

Some dungeon's just have broken scaling right now.
    You are most likely not doing anything wrong.

But it is also somewhat important to keep up with gear, therefor you should stick to expansions which offer bags with bonus loot (Tbc, Wrath, Cata and MoP).
    If you want to run more recent dungeons, I'd suggest switching to them at level 40 or something, little bit less gear won't be as punishing then.

I've leveled many characters the past few weeks, many of them tanks (Vengeance, Brewmaster and Guardian).
    On one character, I started running BFA dungeons, a complete disaster, got to nearly lvl 30 and still wearing some of my Exile's Reach gear...

And dungeons from different expansions offer varying experiences.
    Cataclysm dungeons are pretty bad of when it comes to scaling. Had a run in Throne of Tides last night, where my group agreed to kill the last "optional" boss, Mindbender Ghur'sha for the dungeon quest. Jesus, it was a massacre, the thing is nigh on unkillable...

Tbc, Wrath and MoP dungeons are really your best options. Reasonably short for the most part, quest for extra exp and bonus loot bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Just maximize your damage output on the talent tree, you are basically immortal as blood.
    The best is to abuse the massapull strat on questing because... well the obvious xD. more dps.