LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The Horde playerbase is divided in three parts:
    - "I want to be evil" or WC1-WC2 Horde
    - "I want to be good" or WC3 Horde
    - "I want to be evil BUT DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME EVIL"

Two of those groups complain when Blizz caters to the evil Horde fans, and often try to blame Alliance players.
    Ah I guess I didn't realize there were people that joined the faction with all of the inherent evil races (undead, orcs, trolls) to be good guys. Seems like if they wanted to be good guys they should have gone alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I Think you're missing a few groups there lol. Some people don't care about that at all or don't see factions as good or evil and merely neutral etc.
    Make it the three most vocal groups then.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Ah I guess I didn't realize there were people that joined the faction with all of the inherent evil races (undead, orcs, trolls) to be good guys. Seems like if they wanted to be good guys they should have gone alliance.
    I think the attraction was the WC3 idea of good monster races, something different.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2020-10-26 at 08:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    I rather be the bad guy then a pathetic alliance boot licker Iike Thrall and Baine are.
    You said it. RIP CAIRNE
    Baine should have died in his place

The Horde playerbase is divided in three parts:
    - "I want to be evil" or WC1-WC2 Horde
    - "I want to be good" or WC3 Horde
    - "I want to be evil BUT DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME EVIL"

Two of those groups complain when Blizz caters to the evil Horde fans, and often try to blame Alliance players.
    Vanilla to WoTLK Horde: the noble savages, the misfits, the shunned.
    Cataclysm to BFA: the bad guys.

Then Blizzard listened to the vocal minority that wanted the Horde to be actually evil, a true counterpart to the Alliance seen as noble. So Blizzard made the Horde villains.

Then the majority of players got pissed because they wanted to be badasses, not bad guys. So now Blizzard got rid of Sylvanas and put in charge a council of noble savages.

Personally I quite like it, but I would want an actual badass yet honorable Horde leader. Though it's probably not gonna happen because a bunch of Blizzard writers are feminazis and think that characters like Varian Wrynn are "toxic males" or some shit, so we got Anduin - a barely male character that could as well be female and nothing would be different, and of course a bunch of beta males for a Horde council, can't have any alphas, that would be toxic masculinity.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-10-26 at 08:19 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Personally I quite like it, but I would want an actual badass yet honorable Horde leader.
    We did have Rastakhan, but he had to die to make room for his daughter
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    We did have Rastakhan, but he had to die to make room for his daughter
    I would question his competence. Besides the dying part, the story showed him as a very lax leader, ignorant of what is going on behind his back. The Zanchuli council operated for years right under his nose, and only Talanji saw the dubious things.

I would question his competence. Besides the dying part, the story showed him as a very lax leader, ignorant of what is going on behind his back. The Zanchuli council operated for years right under his nose, and only Talanji saw the dubious things.
    He had to be shown as a fool so Talanji could step in over a character that's been teased since vanilla, because Blizz seems to be incapable of building a character without tearing another one down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Make it the three most vocal groups then.
    Fair enough

5+ Year Old Account
    A) "I want to be evil" or WC1-WC2 Horde
    B) "I want to be good" or WC3 Horde
    C) "I want to be evil BUT DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME EVIL"
    I'd say that Blizzard wants to cater to both A and B types, but their writing is so clumsy and preachy that they end up pleasing neither, hence the impression of catering to the hypothetical C type. Which in the end pleases no one except maybe Sylvanas or Anduin shills.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    bruh do you seriously think the WC3 Horde is inherently bad guys?

doubt Thrall, Cairne, Vol'jin, or Rexxar would ever approve torturing Theramore civilians or attacking Brennadam unprovoked

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla to WoTLK Horde: the noble savages, the misfits, the shunned.
    Cataclysm to BFA: the bad guys.

Then Blizzard listened to the vocal minority that wanted the Horde to be actually evil, a true counterpart to the Alliance seen as noble. So Blizzard made the Horde villains.

Then the majority of players got pissed because they wanted to be badasses, not bad guys. So now Blizzard got rid of Sylvanas and put in charge a council of noble savages.

Personally I quite like it, but I would want an actual badass yet honorable Horde leader. Though it's probably not gonna happen because a bunch of Blizzard writers are feminazis and think that characters like Varian Wrynn are "toxic males" or some shit, so we got Anduin - a barely male character that could as well be female and nothing would be different, and of course a bunch of beta males for a Horde council, can't have any alphas, that would be toxic masculinity.
    the problem is, the BFA Horde was so bad and now we got a polar opposite - still as bad (if not worse)

we have Lor'themar who almost betrayed the Horde twice, we have Baine the Alliance bootlicker, and then we have Calia who is literally an Alliance stooge; Thrall better gets his acts right after SL
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was a flawed leader.. and he admit mistskes, but he came out strong, only a little late. He could have been such an interesting character within the horde.

Talanji is boring.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    He was a flawed leader.. and he admit mistskes, but he came out strong, only a little late. He could have been such an interesting character within the horde.

Talanji is boring.
    Yep, and his pact with Bwonsamdi would've made him even more stronger. Too bad he's a raid boss

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, and his pact with Bwonsamdi would've made him even more stronger. Too bad he's a raid boss
    I still have hope tho.. hes soul is in bwonsamdi hands right?

- - - Updated - - -

He had hes back againts the wall realy.. hes voice raised in volume and in the final minutes.. bwonsamdi leaves rastakahn.. thus also not keeping hes word with the bond.

Sadly bwonsami is part of why he died in a way..
    Rastakahn was tired of bwonsamdi and it showed.

3+ Year Old Account
    He bound his bloodline to him, so I'd say yes

So... We might see him again if Bwonsamdi lets him back out

Shadows Rising also confirms that he did, and saved him from the Maw

It was obvious that killing all the Horde Leaders without proper replacement would lead to a flaccid Horde. The Horde needs some personality, which they don't have anymore. Most of the leaders are luxury carpets that you don't even care what they plan to do. Lor'themar had like 800 occasions to shine and do something interesting, instead he just meh'd and did nothing all along, at this point, just make him die in a zeppelin crash or on drugs overdose and replace him with literally anyone, even an elvish tree.

Totally agree the Horde need to have leaders with at least some kind of plan. And yeah, probably some bloodthirsty ones in the middle that won't necessarily end as dungeon or raid boss twenty minutes later. Let the Horde be bad guys, as long as it's official, players won't be pissed off. This sort of statut quo where "Horde is bad but not totally in fact we're not sure, it depends" sucks. Make the Horde plain evil and go with it.

- - - Updated - - -

He had hes back againts the wall realy.. hes voice raised in volume and in the final minutes.. bwonsamdi leaves rastakahn.. thus also not keeping hes word with the bond.

Sadly bwonsami is part of why he died in a way..
    Rastakahn was tired of bwonsamdi and it showed.
    Rastakhan for forsaken leader 2021!
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He bound his bloodline to him, so I'd say yes

So... We might see him again if Bwonsamdi lets him back out

Shadows Rising also confirms that he did, and saved him from the Maw
    This is good news for me haha.. I hope blizz will give him another shot. I actually miss the god king.

Every time i see talanji sitting on the throne I die inside lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Voted haha.

3+ Year Old Account
    This is good news for me haha.. I hope blizz will give him another shot. I actually miss the god king.
    Yeah, I'm all for zombie/spirit Rastakhan. They could do something even cooler and make him the Zandalari DK represenative for the Horde. Either way, It'd be cool to have him back

Every time i see talanji sitting on the throne I die inside lol. [/QUOTE]

Same. I have a boosted Zandalari character and I'm just not going to do the quests in Zuldazar so Rastakhan stays on his throne. Seeing Talanji there feels like I'm missing an arm or something

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I think they'll make Calia their leader, but I'd vote for him

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    and it’d just make the Horde the bad guys. Again.
    The Horde are the bad guys. Kicking out a single individual doesn't absolve the others of crimes.

I like the current leaders. Work towards peace, makes sense.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.