Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Human - Paladin, Mage, maybe priest too.
    Night Elf - Druid
    Dwarf - warrior
    Gnome - mage
    Draenei - priest, shaman
    Worgen - Druid, hunter
    Void Elf - shadow priest

Orc - Shaman and Warlock maybe warrior too
    Troll - Shaman, Hunter
    Tauren - Shaman, Hunter, Druid
    Undead - warrior, rogue mage
    Blood Elf - Paladin, mage
    Goblin - rogue i guess?
    Nightborne - arcane mage
    zandalari - druid , warrior & priest

and of course Pandaren monks

Additionally: Tauren Prot Warrior... a tank that actually looks like a big freaking tank
    Last edited by bulutooth23; 2020-10-22 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    So, I suppose just to make it clear; I'm looking for which ONE, SINGULAR Class "fits" each Race, lol. Most options fit somewhat, but I have trouble narrowing down "okay, THIS Class is going to give you the most accurate experience for this Race".

For example, I'd probably say a Priest makes the most sense for a Void Elf, in my mind. My reasoning is that in WC3 (and I think WC2), High Elves were often healers, and given the obvious Void influence on Shadow spec, it kind of makes sense why all of those specs would now be available to them. Warlocks, by contrast, seem to enter into pacts or contracts with demons, which isn't necessarily tied to the Void themes.

Honestly, the three I'm struggling with most are the Horde allied races, the Zandalari, Mag'har, and Vulpera.

For Vulpera, I feel like both Rogue and Hunter kind of speak to them. They seem like a surprisingly honorable people, which in some ways makes the Rogue feel a little too "dastardly" for their personalities (I can't imagine a Vulpera as a murderous assassin). And I'm not sure why, something about the Hunter always seemed to just scream "adventure" to me, which feels like kind of a fitting class for a Vulpera. But I dunno.

The Mag'har, it's definitely between Warrior and Shaman. The funny thing is that, if we'd have just been looked at the Mag'har from OUTLAND, I'd have definitely said Shaman. The Mag'har from DRAENOR, though, seem a lot more warmongering, and in the brief stint you see of them when visiting the future AU Draenor, there is nary a mention of shamanism or spiritualism, they seemed totally Garrosh-like. But then, they also seem a lot more primitive, and in touch with their roots, so... who knows?

Finally, the Zandalari... honestly, they seem unique in that I almost feel like they don't quite fit ANY class. No one class truly touches on the "Dinomancer" vibes I always got from them, the Druid forms they get are dope but don't otherwise change the broad stokes of who the Druid is, *some* things about the Shaman seem to work but not others (if there was a purely Lightning-spec, I might be more inclined). Hell, there's even a small piece of me that thinks something about the Monk kinda-sorta works for them (after all, Isle of Thunder is basically where we first met the modern incarnation of the Zandalari, even if it was a bummer killing our old friends from the ZG rep). And obviously, Paladin also *kinda* works, but also kinda doesn't.
    Well, i started topic like that and there are some info i could draw from it.
    Void elf - its more Warlock, esp. affliction. My reasons - priests use Light magic, even Shadow priest. So - we need caster, that use forbbiden magic that corrupt wielder. No holy magic - they cant use it. "1000years war" novel to ensure it. Mage and Warlock. But even in guides - warlock are mages that use "evil" magic. Guess what the "CHAMPION OF REN'DOREI" are? Yes, it is warlock. And for some Sub rogue points - Heritage is cloth. So - only a warlock for me.

Same with Lightforged. They cant use Void magic, they wield Light with armor. Guess class for that? Yea, paladin. Their heritage proof that. Plate with light.

Lets pick up all of races.

Stormwind - paladin. You start at abbey, your king is priest, your best heroes are paladins. For some alts, you know - when you pick same race for alt - i pick up Mage. Not like i like to romance my chars with each other, no.

Dwarfs - hard choise, but rifleman - its like regular unit, but warrior is champion, mountain king. So - warrior. Heritage proofs.

NE - druid and hunter. For me - Druid male and Hunter female. Old ways, you know.

Gnomes - mages. Too kind to warlocking

Worgen - rogue. Stealth and fast strikes. Some dueling in human form - outlaw for me.

I'll write some more some later.

I'm going one step further and matching specs.

Human - Paladin (Prot)
    Night Elf - Druid (Balance)
    Dwarf - Warrior (Prot)
    Gnome - Warlock (Demo)
    Draenei - Priest (Discipline)
    Worgen - Hunter (BM)
    Void Elf - Priest (Shadow)
    Lightforged - Paladin (Holy)
    Kul Tiran - Rogue (Outlaw)
    Dark Iron - Shaman (Enhance)
    Mechagnome - Hunter (Survival. Lots of contraptions like bombs, traps and harpoon. Fits even more if you go with just mech pets)

Orc - Shaman (Enhance)
    Troll - Hunter (MM)
    Tauren - Druid (Guardian)
    Undead - DK (Unholy)
    Blood Elf - Mage (Fire)
    Goblin - Rogue (Sin)
    Nightborne - Mage (Arcane)
    Zandalari - Loa-din (Ret)
    Mag'har - Warrior (Fury)
    Vulpera - Rogue (Sub)
    Highmountain - Warrior (Prot)

Pandaren - Monk (Brew)
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2020-10-22 at 02:30 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Alliance:

Stormwind Humans: Warriors or Paladins. The "Knights" of Stormwind. Knights in lore aren't always Paladins, but some appear to be so. So, a Plate wearer that is alive best represents them. I give the edge personally to Warriors as Paladins are just Warriors of the Light.
    Dwarves: Hunter or Warrior. I give the edge to Hunter just because of the cinematic. And that we see Dwarf hunters ranging around. But, Warrior fits.
    Night Elves: Druid. While an argument could be made for Priest, the Priest class is not really what the Priestess of Elune are, imo. Druid is essentially built into their culture, so I go with Druid.
    Gnome: Mage. Mage because Tinker is not an available class. They are suited to the Arcane.
    Draenei: Priest. The light worship is pretty big with the Draenei, but they aren't as militaristic as Paladins are. So I go with Priest.
    Worgen: Warrior or Druid. Worgen are hard to pin to one class, but Druid or Warrior would fit best.
    Void Elf: Mage. They are High Elf and Blood Elves gone voidy. They still pretty much are those other races just with a new color. So Mage.
    Lightforged Draenei: Paladin. They are not akin to the Exodar Draenei we see. They are far more "By the Light, be purged" so Paladin it is.
    Dark Iron Dwarf: Warlock or Warrior. I give the edge to Warlock here. They are underhanded. So it works.
    Kul Tiran: Rogue or Druid. Given Rogue Outlaw spec is Pirate themed, it works. But, given Drust heritage, it would be Druid. So, it is either do you focus on the Sea or the Drust aspect of Kul Tiran.
    Mechnagnome: Mage. Same as gnome.

Horde:

Orc:
    Shaman or Warrior. Thrall was a Warrior turned Shaman. Garrosh was a warrior. Saurfang was a warrior. Either fit the Orcs just fine.
    Troll: Druid or Warrior. Honestly, this was a tough pick because the Trolls have been shown to be extremely adaptable, and their worship to the Loa allows literally most classes to fit with them.
    Tauren: Druid or Warrior. Druid is pretty rooted in their culture. But, you have the Tauren hitting others with Totem poles.
    Forsaken: Shadow Priest or Warlock. The Forsaken are tied to death, and I rather not give the entire race "Death Knight" as that a little weird to me. However, they have their own Priest Sect and Warlock also fills a similar niche. So, I go with that.
    Blood Elf: Mage or Warlock. Hunter could work for Ranger and of course Paladin for Blood Knights, but those are aspects of the race, not really a reflection of the race. They are a race that lives off magic sources, so Mage would best, but Warlock works as well as they turn to Fel energy when needed.
    Goblin: Rogue. Just because it makes the most sense in my head. When I think of a class that would sell me out or sell me crap, it is the Rogue. This could just be DnD crap bleeding into my opinion.
    Nightborne: Mage or Warlock. Similar to Blood Elves.
    Highmountain Tauren: Hunter or Warrior. Given their source, unlike their Mulgore counterparts, the high mountain tauren appear to favor Hunters over Druids. While they exist, I give the edge to Hunter.
    Mag'har Orc: Shaman or Warrior. Same as regular Orc.
    Zandalari: Druid. Dinomancy, really no other reason.
    Vulpera: Rogue. Similar to Goblin, just something that makes sense. Hunter is also possible.

Neutral:
    Pandaren:
    Monk. Really, there is no other option. Pandaren is the easiest race of all to fit a class to the race's lore. Hell, I could argue that ALL playable Pandaren (save Death Knights) are Monks in some fashion given their starting zone.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Well, i started topic like that and there are some info i could draw from it.
    Void elf - its more Warlock, esp. affliction. My reasons - priests use Light magic, even Shadow priest. So - we need caster, that use forbbiden magic that corrupt wielder. No holy magic - they cant use it. "1000years war" novel to ensure it. Mage and Warlock. But even in guides - warlock are mages that use "evil" magic. Guess what the "CHAMPION OF REN'DOREI" are? Yes, it is warlock. And for some Sub rogue points - Heritage is cloth. So - only a warlock for me.

Same with Lightforged. They cant use Void magic, they wield Light with armor. Guess class for that? Yea, paladin. Their heritage proof that. Plate with light.

Lets pick up all of races.

Stormwind - paladin. You start at abbey, your king is priest, your best heroes are paladins. For some alts, you know - when you pick same race for alt - i pick up Mage. Not like i like to romance my chars with each other, no.

Dwarfs - hard choise, but rifleman - its like regular unit, but warrior is champion, mountain king. So - warrior. Heritage proofs.

NE - druid and hunter. For me - Druid male and Hunter female. Old ways, you know.

Gnomes - mages. Too kind to warlocking

Worgen - rogue. Stealth and fast strikes. Some dueling in human form - outlaw for me.

I'll write some more some later.
    So, the others.

Draenei - paladins and priest. Priest works for them, as they can use void magic and dont die with this. My draenei girl is priest, because i dont need 2 paladin spacegoats. They both work just fine.

For gnome - tinker, no other class works for them, honestly. Mechagnomes too.

Kul-Tirans are warriors, halfvkykuls are just that. And too large to rogues, sorry. Class fantasy of rogues is stealth and poisons, that dont fit kultirans.

Dark irons is Shaman, because I don't need 2 warriors dwarfs, but also to fulfill that connection with elements that they have. Flaming beards and hair, yes? Fire elementals, stone elementals, earth magic, lava and magma. I think i dont need to explain that. Warrior fits too, if you dont have dwarf warrior already

For Horde:

Orc - warrior and shaman, i think equally fit. Their heroes are them. Heritage will show what is more fitting for me, but i have both, so i dont bother.

Tauren - shaman. Heritage totem, capital is totem, all of their live swirls around totemw, earth and ancestors. So - shaman

Trolls. For me - more fitting is hunter, with shaman close second. Again, I will pick one once heritage will be datamined.

Forsaken. Warlocks with same reasons as void elfs. Maybe priests, when heritage uncovers and it will be light infused or Calia will be queen(fuck that)

Blood elfs and Nightborne. Mages, fire and arcane. Maybe paladins for blood elf, but unlikely. They have more like magic centered, not holy.

Goblins. Rogues, as they are the "dirtiest" class of all. Also demo warlock with contracts, but rogues are better, imo.

Maghars are like orcs on steroids, so warrior. Maybe hunter, if you don't need 2 orcs warriors.

Highmountain taurens are hunters. More savage taurens, with that quote in start screen like "walk a path of Huln", and with his spear, with lasso on belt of heritage armor i dont think class that fits better.

Zandalari is heavy also. Paladins fits for race fantasy, but dont fit class fantasy. Warriors with magic of theirs gods seems good, but wow paladins are knights with tomes, hummers and horses in some groundfloor in church. Not too zandalari, dont you think? My bet - druid for dinomancy, hunter for dinosaurs of shaman for hexes. Or warrior for their military

Vulpera - rogues. Sneaky, agile and fast. Even in racial crest they have kunai, so my bet is sub rogue. Poisons from animals in desert, light armor, small posture and fast legs. Perfect

And to pandaren - monk of course. Race for class and class for race. Only choise
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2020-10-22 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just do the main races as it would be too long if I included everybody.

Orc - Warriors because they're a warrior race first before anything else. Most of the main orc characters were warriors like Saurfang, Grom and Garrosh Hellscream, Orgrim Doomhammer, Durotan, Blackhand, all warriors.

Tauren - they're really best for both shamans and druids since they're all about nature and the Earthmother and what not. If i had to pick one though I'd probably go with shamans because of their use of totems.

Troll - Some might say shamans which is a definite match for them but I think they're more hunters than anything else. Most of the time I see trolls they're carrying either bows or spears. There are a fair share of shamans too but when you look at the troll lore they seem to be more like hunters.

Undead - Definitely warlocks. They just look the best in warlock gear and the spells' visuals just seem to be more of an undead thing to me. Rogues are also a great fit for them too. I'd say a close second best choice.

Blood elf - This one is easy. Mages. For obvious reasons. Them being their addiction to mana and the arcane energies. Paladins, priests, and hunters of course work too but when I think of blood elves I always see them as a mage.

Goblin - Another easy one. Rogues. Goblins only care about one thing: money. What is one of the main aspects of rogues? Pickpocketing. Also goblins aren't very honorable or strong people. They'd rather look for an opportunity to strike from behind when no one is looking and getaway as fast as they can rather than charging in with brute force.

Humans -
    Warriors, paladins, and priests equally fit this race. For me I'd have to split them up into genders. For males, I'd say paladins and warriors. Females, mages and priests. I've seen more male human characters as warriors and paladins like Uther, Arthas, Varian, and Anduin Lothar. So it makes sense for those 2 classes to be the best fit for them. Same thing for the females. They honestly seem more like the caster type since most females in warcraft's lore have been either priests or mages. Not to say they can't be strong independent warriors and paladins, they just, to me, seem more fitting as a mage or priest.

Dwarves -Definitely hunters but warriors are a close second. Almost everytime you see a dwarf he's holding a gun and sometimes has a loyal bear next to him. Bunch of little badasses.

Night elves - Druid is the obvious choice but they're also hunters. Priests are also a good class for them since they have those priests of Elune. The overall best fit for them though is the druid class with hunters as a very close second.

Gnomes - These guys are a little harder to put under one class but I'd say mages are best for them since they're all super smart and the fact that no one sees them as physically strong. You'd have to come up with some fantasy storyline in your head to make something like a gnome warrior make sense. I mean come on, picture a tiny gnome warrior with his little needle of a sword against an ogre or giant dragon.

Draenei - Obviously paladins and priests. Works best for both genders since everytime you seen either of them they're almost always a paladin or a priest.

Worgen - Rogues and warriors seem to be the best for them. When I think of worgen rogues I just think of a wolf stalking it's prey from the shadows and striking and killing it with one blow. A worgen warrior, a wolf in a fierce fight with it's prey. I love the Worgen.

Pandaren - Do I even need to say it? Obviously death knights....no, I kid, obviously monks. Although warriors and rogues are great classes for them too. Think of samurai and ninjas. I know pandas are more of a Chinese thing but still.

Finally a fun thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-10-23 at 06:10 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe