Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling View Post
    Let´s talk a little...

1. Why you unsub?

2. What woud make you come back?

3. Anything else
    I don't because I had a shitton of gold and have a few years left of sub.

But if I were to, lack of things to do (spending an entire day waiting for rares to spawn is not content).

And obviously return to play new content

I unsubbed because bfa is complete shit from top to bottom.
    I was going to come back for SL but it's looking like a bigger shit show than BFA.

It would take them getting rid of ion and all the managers who have direct input of Wow , hire new talent who have a passion for the game
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Was hyped for shadowlands, got into the beta, got disappointed, refunded and unsubbed. I think the only thing that will make me come back at this point is if FFXIV shuts down and every korean trash game in between.

I unsub when there's no raiding going on in my guild.

I resub when there is.

We're way past the point where content is still interesting, so I'm unsubbed right now. I'll pick it up again when SL launches.

7+ Year Old Account

1. This (tl;dr new models making/implementation) here more focused about problem itself, also signature.
    2. This (tl;dr models being redone/kind of reintroduced old ones).
    3. In fact, 1st link also describes in some detail certain conditions for functioning and game design in general, some of this stuff I'd more or less accept for the start (close eyes on it), but some are very problematic.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-10-22 at 05:45 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Why you unsub?: Because the community has morphed into an abomination of number crunchers and spreadsheet creators, who have lost the wonder and joy of just playing the game, and not trying to turn everything into some sort of mathematic equation.

2. What woud make you come back?: If those people left for good, never to return. As well as Blizzard making a game about enjoyable, novel experiences. Not balance spreadsheets and optimization.

ad.1.
    - when I'm bored with WoW and feel there's nothing more for me to do
    - when I don't have enough time to play WoW
    - when there are vacations and I know I won't be playing WoW much

ad.2.
    I come back on regular basis, haven't skipped no expansion since I started. Usually I play at start for quite some time, do stuff, achieve goals. When I'm done I take breaks, longer or shorter. Sometimes I return for few months in the middle, sometimes only for expansion.

ad.3.
    Not much, all said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    1. Why you unsub?: Because the community has morphed into an abomination of number crunchers and spreadsheet creators, who have lost the wonder and joy of just playing the game, and not trying to turn everything into some sort of mathematic equation.

2. What woud make you come back?: If those people left for good, never to return. As well as Blizzard making a game about enjoyable, novel experiences. Not balance spreadsheets and optimization.
    There are still players like this. They just aren't particularly vocal in most cases (unless it's a Blizzcon Q/A, where most of the questions revolve around topics like "when will I be able to put smokey eye on my female troll??").

1 - Nothing to do since guild stopped raiding and I've all classes at max level already.

2 - When there's interesting stuff to do in prepatch, or Shadowlands releases.

3 - Kind of weird question to pose during a massive downtime. I imagine a ton of people are currently unsubbed but will be coming back shortly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There are still players like this. They just aren't particularly vocal in most cases (unless it's a Blizzcon Q/A, where most of the questions revolve around topics like "when will I be able to put smokey eye on my female troll??").
    Sure, they exist. But the game isn't being made for them anymore. If it ever appears to be moving in that direction, the number crunchers come out en masse to put a stop to it immediately.

Let´s talk a little...

1. Why you unsub?

3. Anything else
    1) Short answer - I don't enjoy game after changes in several recent xpacks, that have made it much more hardcore. Blizzard cater too much to players, that want game to be more challenging. I don't like, when game is way too stressful. When it's more like sport or job, than just a game.
    2) Making some steps back aren't enough for me. I need guarantees, that game will always have content, that will suit me. I don't ask to turn whole game back to WotLK, WOD or something like that. I just want to have my personal dedicated corner in this game, like raids, that are dedicated content for raiders.
    3) Currently I'm unsubbed permanently. "I'll return in x.2" no longer works for me, as 8.2 was way too bad, that even return of flying didn't help. So, I guess, SL is going to be my first xpack, I won't buy.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

1. story is garbage. Content is only made to be time-consuming lootbox. Not fun.

2. if they hire a non retarded writter and start thinking "what fun content will make people stay" and not "how can we milk money from addicts"

3. Obiously it won't happen until the nexy xpac 10.0 at best.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-10-22 at 06:47 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I originally unsubbed because of two reasons: My computer was getting too old to play on the settings I wanted to and I was finding myself with less and less time to play due to work.

I stayed unsubbed because I have an ideological issue with the greey behavior of Acti-Blizz, which has seemingly only gotten worse and I assume will continue to get worse.

Despite as well as due to my lack of desire to support the corporate machine I'm on the fence about coming back for SL. All comes down to how I feel in the future.

In order to galvanize my support for the game and the company at large, Blizzard needs to treat their employees better and separate themselves from Activision, if not entirely then philosophically at least. I know how it works, every decision made is in favor of the shareholders. But it doesn't have to be that way!

I am enjoying a lot the direction of our talk, and so I am avoiding to come back to answer here. But basic I keep refreshing all day to see new comments...

I really think the idea of "how milk money" is screaming all around the game. It really pukes me.
    I want to play the game and enjoy it. Not think about making gold so I can pay a group to rush me, or change gold for a real money item.
    The only thing I´ll be doing when I come back is going to farm gold to buy real money things on shop (race change, try to get 6 months so I can get the transmog set - because I won't pay for it alone- mounts and pets, or even another game Blizz will launch later like Diablo 4)

I´ve heard things about the Torgash tower from shadowlands... If I need to keep doing it weekly just like the vision so I can go deeper (or reach higher level)... I swear I will never more play this game for fun. Will be only for hate.
    It's really stupid a mechanic that reward paying monthly instead of playing good. It's not exactly pay to win, it's sub to win.

For all the ppl who said "It's boring" "It don't excite me anymore" or "It's a sad game"....
    Explain more plz. Why is boring? how it was before and is not anymore? What was the thrilling and what left it?
    This kind of thing...

I am really addicted to this game, I really over enjoy it.... But the direction it goes... is just too sad. It´s like a beautfull thing dying and we can't do a thing...
    It's 11 years of my life devoting for this game...

As someone said that ppl will come back shortly... I might not come back shortly. Since we can play till lvl 20 I might scan the game a bit, staying on city reading what ppl say... enjoy a little bit of new alts... Farm rare drops on low lvl to sell when I go back to pay... Still have a lot of things to do with free play

I don't actually un-sub, I just quit playing.

I have 2 accounts and they are both on the 6 month plan and I just let them renew. I haven't played for the past 2 months but when the urge hits again, well at least I can login anytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I don't really subscribe anymore I just buy game time whenever I feel like playing it. The game just doesn't keep my attention like it used to back in the day. Almost everything in this game anymore is time gated and I think it's the main reason why I just get bored with the game after a while. It just feels like you come on do your daily chores then you're done for the day unless you want to level up a new character.

2. If Blizzard would just let me grind something all day for as long as I want like lets say rep then I would probably play longer or even subscribe. However they seem to think limiting content consumed in a day or a week makes the game more enjoyable when in reality it just furns off and drives people away from the game.

3. I farted twice while typing this out.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Why you unsub?
    I left in cata 4.3 day one because i was really burned with the game, i need a time off, also, i had RL problems i needed to solve, and that taked time.

I really don't know... The game is so different then it was.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. I got tired of the trolls and toxic players and fucking snapped one day. I've been on the fence about quitting anyway, and once I was dealt the straw that broke the camel's back, I deleted my characters, unsubbed, uninstalled and refunded my Shadowlands pre-order. An overreaction? Yeah. But it was the right choice. I joined the game in 2006 and it was finally time to let go.

2. Nothing. I finally moved on and I'm happy I did.

3. I'm trying to tackle my single-player collection now that all that gaming time is opened up- got hooked on the Yakuza games and I've been diving into Pokemon a lot more. I stick around here because I enjoy the other non-WoW forums.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Let´s talk a little...

1. Why you unsub?

3. Anything else
    1. The end of an expansion has nothing to do that is interesting. I complete any loose ends and unsub. The pre patch is interesting only in seeing how all the classes play and that doesn't take long.

2. Expansion launch. Gear grinding doesn't matter any more, mount farming is done, and friends are gone until launch...so Launch is the trigger to come back.

3. The delay of the hyped zombie invasion in pre patch sort was the catalyst to unsub. I don't know if anyone else looked at that delay as a "why stick around for nothing" point. Tamed a few new hunter pets and shut off 3 accounts. My wife has never unsubbed since Vanilla so she got the Fae Wings for us...lol.

Stay safe and have fun!

I unsub when I get bored and burn out. Happens every expansion. I'll be first to admit it has nothing to do with WoW, either. Most people blame WoW for burning out, but I just blame Father Time. Ive played this game off and on since beta. If I started the game right now or last Xpac, and didnt have all those years behind me, I'd probably love WoW. Unfortunately, I have all that time under my belt so the only thing that really gets my gears going nowadays is that little fix you get every expansion for 3-6 months.

And that leads me to why I resub. For new content. I resub for every xpac. I might only make it 3-6 months in each one, and I've even came back in the middle of them out of sheer boredom, but thats what makes me resub. Something fresh, trying to catch that first fix I got when I loved the game. I still think WoW is an amazing game, and I think a lot of the stuff they have did over the years has made WoW a much better game overall, just it cant fix Time-infliced burn out. Ive seen it all and done it all 5000 times over in WoW, so no matter what they do, they cant get that feeling back for me and neither can I. All they can really do is drop some new stuff for me to do and I'll eat it up for a few months and wait on the next serving.

I do think too many people like to blame WoW for though for their own issues. People blame all kinds of decisions as to why they hate it when the truth is, they just cant get that feeling back. You cant even get it back on like Classic. It was a 1 time deal in your life. Just have to accept that. At least you experienced it.