Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have one favorite game, so I'll mention the worst ones I have found.

-Farron Keep in Dark Souls 3. I hate swamp zones and the first time through it's an incredibly dull drag.

-The search for Dandelion in The Witcher 3. Seriously screw that quest line. Just an enormous amount of unenjoyable tasks. Luckily the rest of the game is amazing.

-Perfect relic in Bears Repeating, Crash 4. If you have played it, you know why. Building Bridges as well for the same reason.

-The stupid timed marauder event in Doom Eternal. Didn't help that I was out of extra lives and with basically no ammo. I restarted 10 times and I was afraid for the rest of the level, thinking that was going to be standard difficulty.

-Arkham Knight's Riddler puzzles. Over 200 annoying riddles/collectibles. I didn't even try, I just followed a guide step by step. Unfortunately needed for the true ending.

-Shadow of War endgame. Admittedly I liked the game a lot, but only before I realized it's just a copy of the first with bigger scale, worse plot, and absurd restrictions. Maybe it's fixed now, but the endgame back then was basically winning 20 sieges. Sieges are 30-60 minutes slogs full of painfully unskippable cutscenes (one for each enemy captain). If you die ONCE, the siege is failed, and you must restart it from the attacker side, since you lost the fort. Took out any fun I had with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Maggot Lair in Diablo 2. Black Gulch in Dark Souls 2. Blight Town in Dark Souls. Catacombs Of Carthus in Dark Souls 3.

TMNT on NES, the dam level.
    Dragon Warrior 1 on NES on the world map at the destroyed town. One of the areas in game you have to halt your progress specifically to grind out levels to continue progressing the story. Also filled with plenty of monsters that can kill you easily (the wyverns mainly) while taking a lot of time to gain just 1 level as your gear and magic typically weren’t too great at this point. Going further is guaranteed death while traveling back gave monsters with too little XP to level fast enough.
    Resident Evil 1. More of a noob issue, but most of the entire game while learning what you can and can’t skip. From your first time playing where you expect ammo to be plentiful and try to kill every zombie you find just to have to restart the game, up to all the restarts from learning how often you can kill an enemy or heal yourself. I actually beat RE2 before RE1 because I was so frustrated from all the restarts I had to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liaku View Post

Persona 5 has Okumura's palace. It's not necessarily awful, but it is pretty bland in a game full of style and excellence. I can't even remember the dungeon theme. The sci-fi space aesthetic doesn't do it for me, and it had no fun dungeon gimmicks. Not to mention it's full of enemies that resist physical attacks so it's pretty draining on your SP to go through the whole dungeon in one day.
    Oh I forgot about tat dungeon because of how much I hated it. Was actually about to walk away from the game for a bit but it was ruining an otherwise great game. It just felt so off compared to the rest of it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I adore the series, Megaman Battle Network 2's 'Internet Ice-capade Segment' is absolutely hellish. It's sort of a tradition in the series that you have to do a world-tour before the last stage (1 had the undernet slog, 3 had the Ranking quest).

The gist of it is that an evil NetNavi (the avatars on the internet) has frozen the internet, causing silver, blue, yellow, and red ice to appear everywhere. And each ice can only be broken by having a Remedy of the corresponding colour. Which can only be made by someone using a shard of that colour. Thankfully, you get most of these pretty simply, but the last Remedy requires 2 coloured shards, finding a lost navi, several slogs through the Undernet, and some absurdly broken virus fights (viruses are standard enemies, but Battle Networks combat is real time grid based strategy. So you cant just stay on your turn to think over how to deal with an enemy. Plus these viruses are their toughest variants of their species).

Much prefer Battle Network 3s Ranking, because it's much calmer, fairly challenging and makes sense. You basically run around following clues to find people to fight. But getting to and defeating most of them arent as easy as it seems.

Although Network 3 DID have the BubbleMan BubbleBonanza. That was an ordeal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Mario 64. Picked up the 3d all stars package and did all stars. Mario's controls are wacky as fuhhh, combined with the awful camera, made collecting almost all late game red coins and 100 coins the worst. The cloud sky rainbow carpet boat mansion level in particular was absolute garbage. Takes a lot for a game to make me trash talk out loud when I'm alone. So kudos to m64 for achieving that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Also Great Bay Temple Majora's Mask...its like they took OoT's water temple, sat down and thought "Oh gee how can we make this worse?"
    Personally, I never found Great Bay Temple to be that hard. I found getting access to the temple to be as bad, if not worse. Raiding a pirate base, going into an eel hole, collecting the eggs and hoping you remember which ones you didnt get, learning the song, going and getting the turtle. Look, I get there are only 4 temples compared to OoTs 8, but still. That amount of key fiddling to open the door is too much.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2020-10-23 at 02:38 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Imo water temple was pretty tame and it isnt that bad. Forest temple was worse in terms of puzzle solving, especially for master quest and 3heart-challenge. Not saying its bad though. Just my opinion though. Ive never really had a rough time with WT. 3HC Spirit Temple is the hardest of OoT due to kid link fighting a stalfos on a rotating disk with fire. Harder than any boss fight in the game. And id say the boat ride in Shadow Temple is almost as hard but you dont have the same hazards and you can fight the stalfos there one on one if you’re quick enough, if I remember correctly its been ~7 years since i did my last run but i did 3 runs(normal, 3HC, 3HCMQ.

I do recognize the fact of it being the more generally annoying part of normal play.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB