Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, 5/10 not a great troll

/thread

Absolutely broken and I love it. Going around on a level 10 arcane mage, doing 80% of the damage just doing arcane explosion in a dungeon, having people go "yo wtf is up with your damage mage"

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    Just did a Freehold on my 47 outlaw rogue. Was optimistic since I got most of my abilities and talents thinking I'd be doing boss dps, especially with how easy and fluid questing felt. I got into a group with levels ranging from 11-15 and their dps was double my own. Feels bad. I definitely see the merit in boosting high level toons with low level ones now because the scaling is absolutely wonky af.

Off-topic slightly, but is it me or are WoD dungeons way harder than they should be for leveling content? Maybe I was just in a bad group but mobs and bosses took far too long to kill and sbg first and last boss were one shotting people on some mechanics. By comparison Freehold everything died in seconds.
    Had same exsperience. WOD 5 mans are way over-tuned, very hard. But maybe its easier if group is below 25.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP - you are sorta missing the point here. Your level 10 character, I assume in full BOA gear, is effectively in BIS (or close to BIS) gear for your level. Level 50 characters have a gear spread from ilevel 55 to 135+.

I am fairly certain when scaled , your level 10 toon wont compete with a 120+ ilevel toon of the same type. You dont even have the skills unlocked to compete mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by vagnar View Post
    Oh I'm sure a lot of players like it. I'm sure a lot of players like the kind of playstyle where you queue for dungeons and then play with people you don't know and never talk a word to them, but likewise I believe that sort of thing is destroying the game. Saying a lot of people like it isn't good enough.
    I left in 8.1.5 along with our guild and came back a week ago and have no friends or guild mates to play with anymore. Am I just supposed to not be able to play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    OP - you are sorta missing the point here. Your level 10 character, I assume in full BOA gear, is effectively in BIS (or close to BIS) gear for your level. Level 50 characters have a gear spread from ilevel 55 to 135+.

I am fairly certain when scaled , your level 10 toon wont compete with a 120+ ilevel toon of the same type. You dont even have the skills unlocked to compete mate.
    But you'd also be in BiS with your heirlooms on any other level except level 50. Why does a level 45 character not at least do the same damage as a level 10 character? It's really completely backwards right now. Lower level means better performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    just noticed that
    well, I'll just stay low level it does so much dmg it's more fun for me

Level scaling broke Atonement.

It's like reverse-classic; a spec is only playable at max level.

They fucked up, admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Level scaling broke Atonement.

It's like reverse-classic; a spec is only playable at max level.

They fucked up, admit it.
    how did it break

OT: I feel like a god in island expeditions at lower levels right now. Makes me want to just lock my level.
    Last edited by daisyheadmayzie; 2020-10-31 at 10:40 PM.

I just did a dungeon at lvl 47 was paired with lvl 10s did the most dmg. I think the only thing thats really broken atm is arcane mage. They simply need to split its damage up maybe limit arcane charges based on lvl, and nerf arcane explosion based on lvl Llike rank 1 1 arcane charge etc... and the for arcane explosion maybe like lvl 45 arcane explosion rank 2 increases AE dmg by 100% and poof fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    I just did a dungeon at lvl 47 was paired with lvl 10s did the most dmg. I think the only thing thats really broken atm is arcane mage. They simply need to split its damage up maybe limit arcane charges based on lvl, and nerf arcane explosion based on lvl Llike rank 1 1 arcane charge etc... and the for arcane explosion maybe like lvl 45 arcane explosion rank 2 increases AE dmg by 100% and poof fixed.
    I've been able to do enormous amounts of damage on pretty much any class though.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyheadmayzie View Post
    how did it break

OT: I feel like a god in island expeditions at lower levels right now. Makes me want to just lock my level.
    It heals for around 5% of damage done (instead of 50%) until you reach lvl 50 and get some average gear for level 50.

It heals for around 5% of damage done (instead of 50%) until you reach lvl 50 and get some average gear for level 50.
    They stated it was a bug. It heals normally in areas outside BFA I believe. Idk if its fixed. There was hotfix that said they fixed it.

Been leveling my monk through WotLK. Not liking dungeon scaling. While I prefer that they are generally more difficult than the old time walking versions (at least from a few years ago) and the pre 9.0 ones, some parts have been like "whoa!", the spike is a bit too big. Especially in pugs with dpsers pulling everything because "thats how you do it" and me as tank gets slaughtered in seconds. Suppose it is more with people than with the trash, though I have found many bosses really hard in dungeons, I really struggle to survive on certain bosses. I also did one at level 37 with a load of level 15. There was no point in me being there as tank, I should have switched to dps spec. I could barely keep aggro on things and they were never in danger of dying. While I do think it is better than facerolling in the past, but....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    They stated it was a bug. It heals normally in areas outside BFA I believe. Idk if its fixed. There was hotfix that said they fixed it.
    Why fix it then when everyone is saying lEvELinG DOesNT maTtER?

Sounds like a bug

One of these is item level 136 with BiS traits & mythic nzoth weapon. The other one is level 10

It's actually crazy how far these level 10 twinks are pushing themselves. Some even have item levels comparable to my freshly dinged level 50 character, which just adds to the insanity.

You don't even need to be a twink. I've ran a dungeon with my lvl 20 priest, healer was 48, everyone else was 50. It was not even funny. I have no AoE or multidot tools at that level, I can only slowly dot enemies one by one, and it still absolutely destroyed. It was AD, and even on the raptor packs, I would just SWP each mob, which would outdps everyone by a factor of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It does kinda make sense. As you gain levels the game gets harder, with level scaling this is shown as lower levels doing a higher proportion of damage (i.e. they can kill mobs quicker.) A dungeon taken by all lvl 10s would be easier than a dungeon taken by all lvl 50s.
    This comment is against the nature of RPGs. As you LEVEL you are suppose to get stronger. Countless people will tell you their old RPG game stories of how they had to leave a zone when they were a little lower lvl and came back with a vengeance after they leveled up and enjoyed blowing through it! The open world scaling BS is antithesis to RPG concept of outgrowing the world around you and getting stronger and the only reason it exist is blizz is too lazy to develop real systems that would make the world relevant at max level but the blizz bootlickers will clearly defend everything including this.

The same goes for the dungeon leveling now. If I just did RFK at lvl 11 and blew through it, after I level to 30-40 and have comparable gear(current level blues) I should have an easier time, NOT HARDER. If you don't feel like you are stronger after you level, it is a BAD system for an RPG. Yes, you can make content more "Challenging" for higher levels such as making the same mobs use more/deadlier abilities for high level characters for example but giving them flat higher damage and health values is extremely lazy and wrong.