Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    If you need to farm old raids to cover your repair bills, you're doing something seriously wrong
    I don't.
    Just wondering.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Thanks for the info.

    As someone who only plays this game for fun and has no intention of farming gold to pay for a token (because it's simply not worth the time spent to me), earning ~1500g in 30-60 minutes when I'm there for transmogs or just to see the old raids is a nice little bonus.
    But now imagine doing that while earning double that gold.

  3. #23
    Immortal Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    7,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    so while the number is smaller, it's relative value % is the same. 1400 g is the new 2900g
    The only relative value most people care about right now is the cost of a token, so no, it's gone down.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The only relative value most people care about right now is the cost of a token, so no, it's gone down.
    That's a fair assessment. But then, the US token is pushing 130k at the moment, so it has gone down as well, at least for our realms. I'd love to see it back at 200k+ again; make it worth buying.

  5. #25
    Immortal Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    7,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I'd love to see it back at 200k+ again; make it worth buying.
    I'd love it to not take me a ridiculous amount of time to farm for every month, so that's a big no from me.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  6. #26
    Yeah this was known since a good couple weeks now. Raw gold farming in old raids has basically been completely killed. Items now vendor for 1/4 of their previous amounts. You could maybe get up to 3-4k gold per hour using good routes, whilst before you could easily get 10k/h. I'm glad I farmed my ass off for both the brutosaur and the spider in BfA (yes I got about 5,5 mil through raw gold farms and the rest from raid boes), because honestly I have no idea how to make gold now on a server with a dead AH, except for slowly passively gaining some.

  7. #27
    Legendary! Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Have repair costs also gone down, fairly, then?
    Repair Costs have been immensely reduced. My repair bills now range from a few silver to 20g after a wipe-intensive raid night, down from 4-500g after a couple wipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah this was known since a good couple weeks now. Raw gold farming in old raids has basically been completely killed. Items now vendor for 1/4 of their previous amounts. You could maybe get up to 3-4k gold per hour using good routes, whilst before you could easily get 10k/h. I'm glad I farmed my ass off for both the brutosaur and the spider in BfA (yes I got about 5,5 mil through raw gold farms and the rest from raid boes), because honestly I have no idea how to make gold now on a server with a dead AH, except for slowly passively gaining some.
    Legion raids weren’t hit as hard. I tested it, and while the value has dropped, you can still earn about 1.5-1.8k gold per run. It isn’t great, but it dropped roughly 500-800 gold per run. Once we are level 60 and able to run thru these pretty quickly it won’t be terrible farming them. Plus there’s the added bonus of clearing for xmog as well.
    There will also be the added bonus of clearing BfA raids from normal-heroic later on, as well as mythic for many classes towards the 3/4 mark of Shadowlands.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Repair Costs have been immensely reduced. My repair bills now range from a few silver to 20g after a wipe-intensive raid night, down from 4-500g after a couple wipes.
    repair costs might have been reduced but transmog is still nearly 1k per set

  10. #30
    Immortal Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    1% of a token in an hour isn't bad?

    100 hours to farm a token isn't bad?
    Could get a part time job and make that in 1-2 hours. Then you can farm what you want rather than being forced to pay for a token.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

  11. #31
    Legendary! Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    repair costs might have been reduced but transmog is still nearly 1k per set
    Yup. Personally, I think that they should move Transmog from a gear piece itself TO the slot you want to Transmog. Transmog once and be done with it, instead of having to update your transmog every time you get a upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Could get a part time job and make that in 1-2 hours. Then you can farm what you want rather than being forced to pay for a token.
    People who play MMOs have a very strange concept of the value of their time when trying to get things for "free" it seems. I remember people being proud of avoiding having to pay a monthly sub in a game, and instead spent around 8 hours a month farming...

  13. #33
    good. gold needs to have value. if people prefer to not loot an item for vendor, or delete an item instead of vendoring...you know something is broken in your game.

    also if gold is harder to get or don't lose value over time, blizzard will sell more tokens, and have higher revenues.

    and I don't say buying gold is good it's just...something completely inevitable as long as you're in an online game with a currency that can be traded. it'll remain something not everyone will do. money is power, outside and inside the game, it's like one of the rules of nature.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-10-25 at 05:49 PM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    But now imagine doing that while earning double that gold.
    Cool...not an option anymore though, right? It is what it is at this point. Getting upset, or whatever, about it isn't really going to change anything.

    A nice little bonus is a nice little bonus, regardless of the amount.

  15. #35
    The Patient Sezerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    346
    The weirdest part about this is the gold-scaling of Legion items in my opinion.
    For example a normal Relic (ilvl 50) is usually ~20g, but when you get a warforged procc (ilvl 60) of the same Relic the vendorprice is suddenly doubled to ~40g. And thats the case for every Legion item.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    That is pretty good... better than before where those quests giving you dogshit silvers/ barely a gold item to vendor and coins rewarding.
    Not really. Quest rewards and levelling has always had pretty nice gold baked in to it because you get fair amount of green boe items from levelling.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Could get a part time job and make that in 1-2 hours. Then you can farm what you want rather than being forced to pay for a token.
    Imagine considering working more to shortcut in-game elements. Jesus.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Imagine considering working more to shortcut in-game elements. Jesus.
    I think theyre point is Farming old raids vs 2hrs of work. You save multiple hrs of your life for $20. Either way you pay for it, atleast with money its replaceable your life isn't.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Imagine considering working more to shortcut in-game elements. Jesus.
    It's paying for the sub. Work 1-2 hours IRL or farm for WAAAY more than 1-2 hours to get enough gold to buy a token.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Imagine considering working more to shortcut in-game elements. Jesus.
    I believe the comment was regarding spending countless hours in a video game doing something you dont enjoy just to pay......to do something you dont enjoy....

    And that you can earn the money required to pay the sub in just a couple of hours at a normal job, and they (and myself) consider this to be a far more logical way of looking at the "issue".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •