Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    If you need to farm old raids to cover your repair bills, you're doing something seriously wrong
    Or he's progressing far more than you do and you have actually no idea how much repair costs are when you actually put hundreds of wipes into a boss, for 12 bosses in a raid. Granted, guild bank should cover raid time repair bills, but still, progression raiding with consumables and repairs is actually quite a lot of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Brostin View Post
    People who play MMOs have a very strange concept of the value of their time when trying to get things for "free" it seems. I remember people being proud of avoiding having to pay a monthly sub in a game, and instead spent around 8 hours a month farming...
    Yeah, that's really fucking bizarre isn't it. They could just dedicate one extra shift to paying for their gametime and instead of working in game for 8 hours to pay off one month of gametime they could've just paid for the entire year or more depending on their salaries even on minimum wage.

All items lost value because of the level squish and the lower level of the items now.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Or he's progressing far more than you do and you have actually no idea how much repair costs are when you actually put hundreds of wipes into a boss, for 12 bosses in a raid. Granted, guild bank should cover raid time repair bills, but still, progression raiding with consumables and repairs is actually quite a lot of gold.

Yeah, that's really fucking bizarre isn't it. They could just dedicate one extra shift to paying for their gametime and instead of working in game for 8 hours to pay off one month of gametime they could've just paid for the entire year or more depending on their salaries even on minimum wage.
    Uh, I think his point is that there are far, far more efficient ways to farm gold, even if your guild bank doesn't cover repairs, than farming old raids. This is even more true if you are bleeding edge due to sales.

I'm always under the impression that gold income is a bonus for running these old raids, with mogs and mount farming as the primary objective, since the gold income efficiency isn't high, but to each his own.

My understanding is they (Blizz) plan to have double-gold old raid and old dungeon weeks like they have double rep and xp weeks currently.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    My understanding is they (Blizz) plan to have double-gold old raid and old dungeon weeks like they have double rep and xp weeks currently.
    Oh? Any source on that?

My understanding...
    How did you arrive at this understanding? Seems unlikely - but I wouldnt be against it. Just seems very out of character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    All items lost value because of the level squish and the lower level of the items now.
    Yeah im pretty sure thats not how it works, but items have lost value, yes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MSI/edit#gid=0

Vendor value has been reduced by 10-75% in all content pre BFA.
    Overall across raid tiers from T7 to T21 (formerly lucrative) you lose between 30-55% revenue.

This seems like some Diablo shit
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

It really isn't all that bizarre. Some people have more time available to grind than opportunity to work an extra shift. I remember from when I was still looking for a job while living in a very rural area, I didn't even get anything minimum wage due to lots of applicants for few jobs in that area. Thus, I lived off of savings I put aside for that and had a lot of downtime when not writing job applications.
    It really differs from country to country, region to region whether one has the opportunity to just temporarily pick up more work to pay for something like this. And games, as escapism, tend to attract those in worse situation more than those in good.

10+ Year Old Account

Guilds that has 100s of wipes on bosses usually cover repair costs. I've been in a few top 500 and top 20 guilds the past 4-5 years and never seen one that doesn't cover the repaircosts. Not even casual guilds some of my alts were in demanded people cover it themselves.
    Hi

Not the end of the world. Besides, getting a lot of gold for doing trivial content doesn't make a lot of sense.

Want gold? Pick a gathering profession and do your dailies, like the 2k gold emissary takes 10 minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Not the end of the world. Besides, getting a lot of gold for doing trivial content doesn't make a lot of sense.

Want gold? Pick a gathering profession and do your dailies, like the 2k gold emissary takes 10 minutes or less.
    Emissary has a possibility of having gold as reward though, that's not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Emissary has a possibility of having gold as reward though, that's not reliable.
    Professions are.