Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    1 in 100,000
    The risk is actually 1 in 1000 for Black men, if you bothered actually reading the study.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 in 100,000 doesn’t seem like something we should be concerned about especially when in most cases it’s justified. Protesting alcohol makes more sense considering more people are killed by drunk drivers.
    Drunk has an age limit, so does driving and drunk driving is illegal... wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    There would be a lot of men armed to teeth doing their best being nice to each other. Those poor fellows who were unarmed should have not been so careless
    Don’t you mean spending shifts guarding the house at night, never sleeping with both eyes closed? I know it feels like you ar the protagonist in this story...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    There would be a lot of men armed to teeth doing their best being nice to each other. Those poor fellows who were unarmed should have not been so careless
    Thats not how it works, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The risk is actually 1 in 1000 for Black men, if you bothered actually reading the study.
    1 in 1000 is still not something to be concerned about when in most cases the cops are justified in their actions. My case stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 in 1000 is still not something to be concerned about when in most cases the cops are justified in their actions. My case stands.
    If it’s not something you care about, why are you posting about it?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

How is it that such a thing is so prevalent in San Francisco thst they needed to make a law?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    How is it that such a thing is so prevalent in San Francisco thst they needed to make a law?
    More like they need to send a signal of purest virtue to all the comrades out there

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    How is it that the right-wing shitbirds that live on 4chan all day are getting out-meme’d by democratic legislators?
    Cos the right-wing typically is distinguished by being dumb fucks in general. And also, the rest of the world having manners and not being the shitheads that 4chan is. See, if you have no boundaries, it's actually easy to create memes... If you have no taste, you can make a meme out of anything.

Also, also, I think 4chan is actually anarchist rather than left or right. They'd join any political movement if that meant the world would burn down for their entertainment. So don't think they're actually right-wing, they're just mightily amused by Trump and everyone hating on each other. If the US broke out into a civil war tomorrow, 4chan would have to find a new hoster because the old one couldn't cope with the jerk off pics flooding the website. Degenerates be degenerates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    False, racist complaint? There are legitimate racist complaints?
    Sure, when I'm a photographer and my lighting is perfect except for that one black dude in the middle, I'll have a perfectly legit racist complaint. I can't do anything about it but fix my lighting, but there you go...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're harassed by the police 2-4 times per week because you're black, that adds up to 104-208 interactions per year. By that statistic if you interact with police on that regular of a basis and are a young black man, you have a very high probably of being shot and killed by the police at some point in the next 5-10 years.

Your case was hyperbolic nonsense, and you're still trying to defend it for some bizarre reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FuckYouKare...ice_on_anyone/

BuT It DoESN'T HapPeN anD IS haRD To PRovE

Meanwhile, here's the perfect example of someone this law would leverage additional penalties on for wasting law enforcement time and being a racist bitch.

And I totally believer her "black dad" means she's incapable of being racist as she accuses the dude of mugging someone and stealing their clothes, being illegal, claiming there's a second person behind him that will "snap her neck" and more.

And the additional penalties would be well justified, because that's a malicious waste of police time and resources (our tax dollars) that puts a man who is simply going about his day at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If it’s not something you care about, why are you posting about it?
    Trying to understand why people are making a big deal out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If you're harassed by the police 2-4 times per week because you're black, that adds up to 104-208 interactions per year. By that statistic if you interact with police on that regular of a basis and are a young black man, you have a very high probably of being shot and killed by the police at some point in the next 5-10 years.

Your case was hyperbolic nonsense, and you're still trying to defend it for some bizarre reason.
    Now I know you’re talking out your ass. No one gets harassed by the police 2 to 4 times per week.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I know you’re talking out your ass. No one gets harassed by the police 2 to 4 times per week.
    Wrong. Here is one case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Sampson

He was arrested/stopped/searched from 2008-2013 288 fucking times, for "trespassing" at his place of employment.

I am sure I can find probably thousands of similar fucking cases.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Wrong. Here is one case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Sampson

He was arrested/stopped/searched from 2008-2013 288 fucking times, for "trespassing" at his place of employment.
    Not concerned about 1 case. You’re making it sound like it happens to everyone that’s black or a much higher rate than 1.

Not concerned about 1 case. You’re making it sound like it happens to everyone that’s black or a much higher rate than 1.
    https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazi...g-while-black/

Read that, then get back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    None of that mentions harassment by police. Getting pulled over doesn’t mean harassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really need to change the meaning of “don’t care” to be the same as “care”... it’s being abused otherwise...

- - - Updated - - -

None of that mentions harassment by police. Getting pulled over doesn’t mean harassment.
    Yeah, it does... I’ve only been pulled over twice and they were harassment... You can claim it’s justified harassment, but it’s still you being harassed.

Getting pulled over for being black, is harassment. Then they make up a reason, just so they can run the plates and license to make something else up on them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't help people who don't want to learn. If you actually cared, you'd look into it yourself. But you don't, so you won't. You'll find "issues" with every link people post - it's the concern trolling agenda where people like you exhaust the people trying to make the world better with your "I'm open to what you're saying, just show me some proof" - when the proof has already been provided to you in the news and in life and in these forums and you just don't want to know.

I'm sure you'll answer this with your usual schtick. And it won't matter. You and your opinions won't matter anymore if Biden wins and the Senate flips. Even if that doesn't happen, we'll still move on without you. Ignorance won't be tolerated any more.

Meanwhile, the CAREN act addresses a very particular issue that has become prevalent in our society not because it's new, but because everyone eyes are finally being opened to it. Systematic racism, in its almost infinite forms, has plagued this country for over 400 years.

Because of people just like you, Caren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    How is it that the right-wing shitbirds that live on 4chan all day are getting out-meme’d by democratic legislators?
    You say that, but they meme'd someone into the presidency.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief