Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It’s not a scam
    The funny thing is with the 6 month sub Blizz actually makes less money in the long run vs a straight monthly sub since you get a discount.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    This is not a good sign folks. I agree that you don’t release it until it’s done but this means it’s gotta be horrible for them to actually delay it this long. This is like project titan or Starcraft ghost except this time they have to release it and can’t scrap it. This could be the proverbial nail on the coffin for WoW
    As long as the nail is on it and not in it, then she's still in the race boys!

  3. #223
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    As long as the nail is on it and not in it, then she's still in the race boys!
    Meh wow's been dead since patch 1.12




    IMO




    Sarcasm
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  4. #224
    Guys the OP is wrong! I heard it's delayed until Summer! of 2022!

  5. #225
    Brewmaster Evaddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Thats the point being made, yes.
    But what is the point? lol, that it is a good thing it got delayed?

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    If you truly think raids aren't coming out until next year, then it isn't coming January 4th when Blizzard is on vacation. They typically come back middle of month, then take a week to get back into the swing of things. So, in essence, what you're looking at, is a January 19th raid release instead. A month and a half of no M+, raid, or PvP season? Even through the holidays, that's a rough way to start off your xpac.

    It might seem early, but I'm still thinking they push a November 17 with December 1st raid release date.
    Who knows, I can see them flippin the switch for Jan 4th for Normal and Heroic and then Mythics would drop on the 11th so it could work. Its possible that could slide everything down a week, but then were looking and another Emerald Nightmare scenario where its beat very quickly because of the extra time allowed..

    Lets not forget ur 17th date falls in their thanksgiving break so its not a likely date either to launch a game thats more then likely going to be a broken mess while also putting players into an awkward situation as well..

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Legally obliged to release it this year
    They're not legally obliged to release it this year. They said WC3 Reforged would release in 2019 and then pushed it back to January 2020. Were there any legal consequences for Blizzard? No. All they had to do was offer refunds, and they already did that with Shadowlands because they already announced a release date and they already pushed that back. If they were legally obliged to release it in 2020 then they'd also be legally obliged to release it October 27th, because that was the confirmed release date.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It means minds are changed not that they are liars.
    Where did I say anyone was a liar. That's the conclusion that you have made. My conclusion is that they were wrong and being wrong lowers your credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  9. #229
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,893
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Where did I say anyone was a liar. That's the conclusion that you have made. My conclusion is that they were wrong and being wrong lowers your credibility.
    Thats a pretty small thing to consider a company less credible since there's probably a dozen studios that delay releases. I never said you thought Blizzard were liars but...what else is someone supposed to think.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-10-22 at 11:44 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  10. #230
    It’s December 8th - 99% if it’s 2020.

    Otherwise it’s probably mid January. They even said it’s done other than ability tuning.

    They aren’t gonna delay it til March for ability tuning....

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Why cant they though? I know they can. They have Working ShadowLand Builds, there is no Reason why they could not apply those to the Live Servers. There is nothing preventing them. Except that they want Polish it, and fix some more Issues. They could however release it with these Issues, if they want.
    Because it won't be released when they wanted to. It's not a fair analogy.

    It's not polish or fixing some issues that is the problem. It's fucking wrekt. To go from an August announcement of Oct to a Sep announcement of "we don't actually know" is because they've realised that there are major issues. Blizzard cannot even acuratly predict when it will be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It’s December 8th - 99% if it’s 2020.

    Otherwise it’s probably mid January. They even said it’s done other than ability tuning.

    They aren’t gonna delay it til March for ability tuning....
    But it isn't just ability tuning. Just in the last day or so they made design changes to Soulbinds, they're still adjusting legendaries, and the leveling EXP is still wonky last I heard (and testing of it isn't working either, some characters are just getting boosted to 60 when they try to start the quest line).

    Not that I think March is a likely candidate for release, but January is looking more and more realistic. Especially for logistical reasons outside of whether or not the expansion is functional.

  13. #233
    If they don't know today when it will be ready with enough certanty to announce a date then i feel like it most likely wont come 2020.

    Because realisticly, if they were aiming for a early december release, surely by now, the 23rd of october they should be pretty fucking sure if they will be able to meet it or not.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  14. #234
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,199
    Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

    Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    Considering cataclysm came out december. Your arguement is kinda invalid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  15. #235
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chula Vista CA
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

    Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    Great! First wild rift now Shadowlands....

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    This is not a good sign folks. I agree that you don’t release it until it’s done but this means it’s gotta be horrible for them to actually delay it this long. This is like project titan or Starcraft ghost except this time they have to release it and can’t scrap it. This could be the proverbial nail on the coffin for WoW
    This is without a doubt the most ridiculous claim in this post.

  17. #237
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,763
    Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

    Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    "I have literally no evidence of what I'm about to say but imma say it anyway."
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Because it won't be released when they wanted to. It's not a fair analogy.
    If you "Want" an IceCream, and then Decide to not get an Icecream, does that mean you are unable to get IceCream?

    Because, I can do alot of things, I dont want to do, but still can. I can also change my mind on things.

    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's not polish or fixing some issues that is the problem. It's fucking wrekt. To go from an August announcement of Oct to a Sep announcement of "we don't actually know" is because they've realised that there are major issues.
    "Its Fucking Wrekt", is an Opinion, not a fact.

    And if they need to delay the Expansion for 1-8 Weeks, its wise to say that they are not sure. "Later this year, we are not sure when exactly", doesnt mean "We have no idea how long it will take".

    Still, the thing is: They HAVE a working Build, you can play it on the Beta. There is nothing preventing Blizzard from saying: "Okey, time for Release", it might not be the Product you want, and they might not fix the Issues you think are oh so wrecking. But it would be released.

    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard cannot even acuratly predict when it will be released.
    Show me one Studio that never delayed a Software.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    But it isn't just ability tuning. Just in the last day or so they made design changes to Soulbinds, they're still adjusting legendaries, and the leveling EXP is still wonky last I heard (and testing of it isn't working either, some characters are just getting boosted to 60 when they try to start the quest line).
    And what exactly from that list is not Tuning?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "I have literally no evidence of what I'm about to say but imma say it anyway."
    I can also spout stuff without any kind of Evidence.

    I´d say release of Shadowlands is every week 5 weeks from that point on, unless they post a new date. *laugh*

    Jokes aside, I would say they probably aim at some point in the later half of November, and if they dont get it done early December I would wager they skipp Christmas and put it early January.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats a pretty small thing to consider a company less credible since there's probably a dozen studios that delay releases. I never said you thought Blizzard were liars but...what else is someone supposed to think.
    You do not have to literally say "you think blizzard is a liar" to say "you think blizzard is a liar". Using the context of your reply and the actual reply "It means minds are changed not that they are liars." you said I called them a liar. I specifically said blizzard was less credible and your argument proves my point. Game companies are not credible when setting release dates and Blizzard loss credibility when it announced it would miss the Oct release window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  20. #240
    Cba to make a new thread (or search, so if posted already my apologies) - so hijacking this one:

    Now, it's probably speculation, but still worth noting that tech radar posted about new games getting Ray tracing including WoW Shadowlands that is...
    World of Warcraft: Shadowlands was also announced as getting ray-traced shadows when it (hopefully) comes out in November
    Just food for thought.

    Sauce: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/nv...ft-shadowlands
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-10-23 at 12:29 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •