Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fundamentally the expansion is fine for release except for a fair whack of tuning and a few cinematics.

Previous delays (especially BC) have been for core issues - not for a bit of tuning.

It will be out this year - however the raids/M+ season/PvP season may be delayed until the new year to give them heaps of time to tune the numbers.
    You're a bold faced liar if you believe there aren't core fundamental issues with Shadowlands and the expansions systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyletheboss View Post
    True, but since they started allowing preorder refunds i think that clears them legally to push it to next year. If they didn't do that than they were legally obligated to release it this year no matter what.
    They own the game, and the license, and everything else that goes with it. They are legally entitled to do whatever they want with it. Release it, don't release it, cancel it, whatever they want. That's how it works when you own something.
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonnis View Post
    Don't act like a cunt.
    Well at least I'm acting like one.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You're a bold faced liar if you believe there aren't core fundamental issues with Shadowlands and the expansions systems.
    Torghast does not have issues, you can claim covanents might have issues but Shadowlands itself is fine, covanents are the controversy not the whole thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    If they don't know today when it will be ready with enough certanty to announce a date then i feel like it most likely wont come 2020.

Because realisticly, if they were aiming for a early december release, surely by now, the 23rd of october they should be pretty fucking sure if they will be able to meet it or not.
    Not true. They still have time to announce it and still come out in December. They have until the 2nd week of November to still be able to release in December. Both the pre-patch event and release date would be announced at the same time and the event only takes two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    there aren't core fundamental issues with Shadowlands and the expansions systems.
    That's actually me being rational, and having over 30 years experience in software development - knowing the difference between programming issues and data issues.

Hope I clarified your error.

Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

I say a release on next years autumn

Too soon.
    I'd say 2025 release.
    No source, but trust me guys

I'm ok with that. If it means they redesign the whole "borrowed power" thing by binning it.

Otherwise, i don't see the need for further delay.

I reckon a lot of staff would rather work on this years holiday than be stuck at home, its not like they can go on vacations or family gatherings. I feel like december 1st or 2nd week is perfect date.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulla View Post
    I think the fact that they said "it will be released later this year" means it will be released this year. They didnt say later, they said this year. Would be a huge mistake promising something and not doing it. Twice.

Im sure we will get it this year.
    While I am quite confident in a 2020 release, I will state that blizzard has, over and over, repeatedly, promised something and not done it. I still have the original WotLK game box that quite clearly states there would be new dances. Yet that never happened.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

with the latest 6 month crap they pulled, if they announce it will be 3-4 months later...holy shit the scam they pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    with the latest 6 month crap they pulled, if they announce it will be 3-4 months later...holy shit the scam they pulled.
    How would that be a scam? Everything is being stated at face value.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    get people's money before they quit wholly until SL. while looking good on sub numbers for shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    A week or two is more than enough.
    This isn't true for people who work. Most jobs require at least two weeks notice to schedule any sort of time off.

A week of notice to release would kill their own day one statistics. They absolutely do not want to do that. Even 2 weeks isn't good enough, because nobody has time to scramble together a last minute day off, especially around the holidays when who knows how many people are taking time off, AND the fact that everyone has a ton cause they all saved it up due to Corona.

At this point, Blizzard will be lucky if people aren't complaining no matter what. They've walked themselves into a no-win scenario - Either they release it at a bad time when nobody can guarantee they can play it now, or they wait to release and look like a bunch of con artists. Again. Because this isn't the first time Blizzard has "coincidentally" changed the fine print just after they finished a 6 month sub promotion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Not exactly.

They're saying the expansion is supposed to still be coming in 2020. Now everybody's bought a 6 month sub expecting the expansion by the end of 2020. If it then didn't release until March, that means your 6 months is 5 months up by the time Shadowlands even gets here. Your 6 months would run out just as raids released, and to play the actual endgame, you'd need to pay for MORE sub.

That doesn't sound like "face value," that sounds like they just scammed a 6 month sub out of you to play old content (or not - they don't care, they have your money), when you should have been playing their new content that they promised to be out by that time.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-10-23 at 03:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

The "evidence" presented for a January (or later) release is that the Beta's not ready for release. But so what? Even if the game isn't in an ideal state in December, Blizzard will still weigh the pros and cons of releasing then, and they probably will release it. Even a November release, unpopular as it is, is very much a possibility.

Shadowlands is playable right now. So the prepatch event could occur any Tuesday from now on and Shadowlands could release as early as 2 weeks after that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?
    Did they state that anywhere post saying it would be delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    In the delay post itself, they said the goal was still 2020. So unless they change that, the plan should still be release by the end of 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...on-shadowlands

To the WoW community,

I wanted to let you know that we’re delaying the release of Shadowlands to later this year

By US law they have to get explicit permission from purchasers to extend the delivery date past the stated "sometime in 2020". If they don't get such permission they have to give those people who ask for it (or simply don't reply) their money back.

So come hell or high water it will ship before December 31st, you can bank on that.