Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    First off dude relax its my opinion. Not facts, i am not jezus and not hating or something on you. So relax
    This is a friendly thread about if its until spring if thats smart. No one is trying to force anything. You really come off very agressive.

    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I have heard of Cyberpunk. So what? Where is it written that nobody is allowed to release their game at the same time. Blizzard is under the gun to get it out this year. Cyberpunk is completely irrelevant to when they decide to release the game.
    Relax, i am not saying they are relevant. I am saying they could be. It does not make that much sense to launch 3 AAA titles , 2 consoles, and 1 mmo expansions in a matter of 3 weeks. Not even talking about games like spider man miles morales etc
    Not saying they can not do it. Or there is a law against it. Hell for all i care they launch 60 games at the same time.

    But WoW has been struggling for years. Its still fun, i still play it. But everyone knows it is not on its best leg right now. And they delayed it, because it was not done yet. So all i am saying is: why launch a title that might not be 100% ready vs some really REALLY big players. If a month later you have little to no competition and most of the big stuff has been out a month. Gives them time to make it better.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They are up against games regardless and most of those that will be playing Shadowlands already pre-ordered. THe money has already been made. Delaying it a second time to avoid those games will cost them more money as those pre-orders will need to be refunded.
    Yes they are against games. So let me make it real clear...from the second week of november ( 17th) until the first week of december. there are 3/4 big games, 2 consoles with metric ton of games. A month later, most of that has been released and played already. Again....not saying they must, do etc. Just if i was running a marathon to win. I would not start the same race as usian bolt, if there is a option to start a month later with a bigger chance to win.

    Yes that is a option why the should release it ( the refund stuff). Think that is one of the things they need to look at. And its common for games to be delayed. Hell blizzard has done it to WoW before. So its not that they have not done it.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Those games are irrelevant to WoW and the devs decision making here. As I said, they will release it this year to stave off more lost pre-orders. Those are far more important than actually playing the game right away.
    Again they have delayed it before, if the quality was not up to par. And i am not saying they ARE relevant, i am saying they MIGHT be relevant.
    And yes , losing pre orders might be a reason. But they will mostlikely have a staff meeting, and finance people look at what is smart. You and i do not work for blizzard. So we do not know what there logic might be.
    Thats what this thread is about.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wow. But that is irrelevant. I pre-ordered the game. What is the better ooption, kjeeping my pre-order by releasing it in 2020 as they have continued to say it will be, or lose it because they delayed it yet again because they didn't want to release with those games? I know which one Blizzard will pick. Also, how do you know the game will not be ready if released in December? For all you know it will be released in December and be a great launch.
    Its not, its a valid question. Do you want to play a broken game, or a whole game.
    And if you waited a long time for a pre order, 1 more month will not hurt you. or anyone else.
    And you know what blizzard will pick? good for you.
    But beware they have delayed it before. I hope for you they launch it in december, you really seem keen on it.
    And again, why do you think i think that for 1000000% it will not launch in december. I have said it many times...its a guess, a opinion.

    And pre order games and delays are very normal btw.



    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What if they have the bugs ironed out by December? You are making an unsubstanited claim that the game will not be complete if released in December. That is a major assumption not currently founded in reality.
    For the love of god. Yes it might launch in december. It might not. I am just saying, it might be a good idea to delay it just a tad longer.
    I am not claiming anything, and i think that is the problem with you. You asume i CLIAM things. Its a thread about a launch date discussion.

    Please point out where i say: i know for 100% sure it will be delayed, i claim that it will come out later, i am right you are wrong...please show me where it typed it?

    And the reality part is a bit cruel. Really why so much hate? And its what i am trying to show, it might be delayed, they have done it before. Hell shadowlands has already been delayed once. And yes its not founded in reality...because we do not know what is going on, hench the discussion.

    And btw.......they have delayed it without giving a offical new launch date. So your whole....anger is because of a second delay. Thats kinda hard if the first delay does not have a end date.


    So to be VERY clear. I do not hate you, think that your are stupid, or anything else.
    What i am saying is guess work, with some facts that in the last 30 years that i have played games this has happend before. Even from this developer. Hell they cancelled the same game TWICE. I am not all knowing. I am just guess/opinion/common sense that launching in a very busy few weeks might not be the smartest move on their part, and might be a reason for a delay.

    For instance. If they really want to launch it this year. I would guess it would be around end first week december, start 2nd week december. Then the first raid can be still be played just after new year.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Sigh. White Hamster was talking about blizzard quarterly profits. As a whole. Wow is not the highest performing mau-wise.
    So? WoW is still a large generator of revenue for Activision Blizzard. MAU count being lower then other IP owned by Actvision Blizzard doesn't change that. The franchise is not in trouble. The various filings over the past year have shown a steady increase including a large increase attributed to the pandemic and not Shadowlands news. BfA despite the claims of vocal critics was not terrible.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #403
    I'm not a uber raiders. I'm someone who enjoy the game. The state of the Beta is pretty good actually atm. If they release it in december ( so, in one month ) it'll be perfect.

    There was and their will be bug anyway, and those bug will wait. ( like the tortollan WQ in BfA for example. )

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    BFA is widely considered one of the worst expansions ever made. They bled subs . It was garbage . There is no way in hell Blizzard can afford, reputation wise or monetarily , another BFA . Especially directly after this last debacle. If they release this expansion too early with too many flaws. they will never live it down .
    BFA wasn’t that bad.

  5. #405
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Wod is widely considered one of the worst expansions ever made. They bled subs . It was garbage . There is no way in hell Blizzard can afford, reputation wise or monetarily , another Wod . Especially directly after this last debacle. If they release this expansion too early with too many flaws. they will never live it down .
    Same was said for vanilla into tbc, same was said for tbc into wotlk, same was said for wotlk into cata, same was said for cata into mop, same was said for mop into wod, same was said for wod into legion, same was said for legion into bfa, same is said for bfa into shadowlands

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    They also said the same thing with WC3R release, didn't stop them from completely ignoring it and releasing many months after promised.
    Hahah, this is completely fair, I try not to think about W3R much anymore, it hurts too much.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Same was said for vanilla into tbc, same was said for tbc into wotlk, same was said for wotlk into cata, same was said for cata into mop, same was said for mop into wod, same was said for wod into legion, same was said for legion into bfa, same is said for bfa into shadowlands
    To be fair, they haven't released two bad expansions in a row yet.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Same was said for vanilla into tbc, same was said for tbc into wotlk, same was said for wotlk into cata, same was said for cata into mop, same was said for mop into wod, same was said for wod into legion, same was said for legion into bfa, same is said for bfa into shadowlands
    The same was literally not said from Vanilla into TBC. Because you can't call Vanilla the worst expansion or that it bled subs since the game was still growing. There was also no reason to edit the BfA in their post to WoD for your quote.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So? WoW is still a large generator of revenue for Activision Blizzard. MAU count being lower then other IP owned by Actvision Blizzard doesn't change that. The franchise is not in trouble. The various filings over the past year have shown a steady increase including a large increase attributed to the pandemic and not Shadowlands news. BfA despite the claims of vocal critics was not terrible.
    Wow makes money. Sure.

    CoD is their current cash cow.

  10. #410
    HOW DOES CORONA AFFECT CODING? Oj wait greed, commercial greed, ye thats it u shitters

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Wow makes money. Sure. CoD is their current cash cow.
    You don't have to have the highest MAU in order to make money. WoW is still a large part of the revenue stream of Activision Blizzard. For example Quarter 2 of 2020 results were net revenue of $461 million for Blizzard with a 20% growth driven by WoW. King was $553 million and they have 271 million MAU. It isn't just about having the highest number of MAU. You can deny it all you want but WoW is not at risk and still is a big contribution to the company.

    It certainly doesn't lose money as you seem to be implying.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Same was said for vanilla into tbc, same was said for tbc into wotlk, same was said for wotlk into cata, same was said for cata into mop, same was said for mop into wod, same was said for wod into legion, same was said for legion into bfa, same is said for bfa into shadowlands
    That the last expansion was garbage and the next one needs to be good to save the game?

    I mean, ya, there are some people who say that every expansion, but it's a small minority after a good expansion.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Do not jump in when you haven’t READ the conversation.
    well i wasnt reacting to whole conversation, i dont have to, and its completely irrelevant to what i asked... you said WoW had decline in BFA and as "proof" you gave SINLGE number that was showing wow MAUs (actualy not only wow MAUs, but from all of bliz, so its pretty useless anyway) and numbers for other games...
    HOW THE HELL does SINGLE NUMBER shows decline? how?
    and im not even saying BFA wasnt a decline for wow, it might be (although people always complain and seldom leave, and tbh there seemed to be far more people than in WOD), just there is no way to show decline with ONE value, you need multiple to compare... (and it would be helpful if that values didnt include at least two other games which afaik receive no content in the meantime, so they might be actual reason of potential decline in MAUs)...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-10-24 at 05:51 AM.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Uhh, the Original date was October 26th. Today is October 22nd. It has hardly been delayed at all so far.

    - - - Updated - - -

    That means nothing and can easily be changed.
    <3 100% this. Like actually no delay yet lol. People bitching way to hard and the day of the launch hasn't even happen yet. Like when Mid November hits is probably when we hear any news. Which is fine. The Xpack needed this big time and as a long time player since beta V I'm fine. Everyone giving hell on 6month is a joke. Like I sub every 6months so a free item is fine even when it's shit.

  15. #415
    They should release Shadowlands on 27.10.2020 because "fixing" attempts do more harm then good.

  16. #416
    Assumption is the mother of all fuckups... This applies to both camps. Just sayin.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

    Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    Source other than your ass? But funny that WoW launched in November, WotLK launched in November, WoD launched in November, and cata launched in December. So no, those months are not out due to holidays.

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

    Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    November was never likely. Early December is still the most likely contender. Pretty sure they'll give us the new release date in 2-3 weeks for an early December launch.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  19. #419
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halls Of The Guardian
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    BFA wasn’t that bad.
    This is our standard for wow now: not that bad.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE , THE HORDE IS STRONG!

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    Could you tell me how paying for an actual service is considered a scam ?
    People believe Shadowlands will be out this year due to the way Blizzard has portrayed it. On this basis people who aren't really playing right now pay for the 6 month sub as they expect they'll play for atleast that long when SL is out so may aswell get the "free" cosmetics.

    SL doesn't release for another 5 months, these people would have unsubbed had they known and waited for the release.

    Using insentive (cosmetics) to sway people into a decision they otherwise wouldn't have made due to the vague promise of new content coming soon. I would consider that scamming of a sort, disingenuous atleast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •