Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    it is.

delaying past oct 27th is perfectly fine.

not releasing in 2020 they will have to offer refunds

its basic consumer protection laws.
    Show me the specific law please. At least in the USA, delaying a product is not violating any laws, especially consumer protection laws .

- - - Updated - - -

Cyberpunk2077 is one of the Most anticipated games of the year, last couple years actually. There is more then just a little overlap. As with Movies, Video game companies will delay a release if it bumps up next to a Big block buster release. WOW is a 16 year old game They will not risk releasing it so close to that game , and the holidays
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Show me the specific law please. At least in the USA, delaying a product is not violating any laws, especially consumer protection laws .

- - - Updated - - -

Cyberpunk2077 is one of the Most anticipated games of the year, last couple years actually. There is more then just a little overlap. As with Movies, Video game companies will delay a release if it bumps up next to a Big block buster release. WOW is a 16 year old game They will not risk releasing it so close to that game , and the holidays
    www ftc gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order

Blizzard arent really doing it by the books, but if we all consent, which idk how that's possible, then Blizzard can delay as long as they want but must offer refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by Andydawg View Post
    www ftc gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order

Blizzard arent really doing it by the books, but if we all consent, which idk how that's possible, then Blizzard can delay as long as they want but must offer refunds.
    I don't much care when it releases if it's good. I'd have waited another year for BfA to launch if it had been a lot better.

The radio silence is the most infuriating thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversage View Post
    I don't much care when it releases if it's good. I'd have waited another year for BfA to launch if it had been a lot better.
    The issue isnt specific to you - diehard fans are willing to wait a lot longer than casual fans. 12 more months would have decimated their playerbase, and sadly, once some quit, they never come back. I agree releasing a higher quality product is better for the players, but there needs to be players for that to be worth while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    The radio silence is the most infuriating thing.
    There is no "radio silence" - they release patchnotes and changes every few days, at least once a week. If there is nothing to say, what exactly would you like them to say? No matter what they say, even if its casual like "still a few weeks away from any announcement" or "still on track for 2020 release" (something they HAVE said), it is taken as gospel and the forum warriors start threatening lawsuits and jail for devs if it doesnt meet that target. Im certainly not saying they give even the smallest shit about what some random angsty internet clown says, but, the point is there is no benifit to communicating any further until they have a (new) fixed release date (that they hopefully meet this time)

Cyberpunk just got delayed to December, the week SL would come out (99% likely), meaning they’d be competing directly with it.

It might legit get pushed to 2021 now, though mostly likely mid January.

Thats for physical products. Nothing there states anything digital just selling an item on the internet.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

They are offering refunds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Cyberpunk just got delayed to December, the week SL would come out (99% likely), meaning they’d be competing directly with it.

It might legit get pushed to 2021 now, though mostly likely mid January.
    Yep combined with the Wildfires, Californias guidlines for thanksgiving etc etc , Mid January seems very reasonable , perhaps even Feb now

Activision will mandate that it get rolled out before Xmas and patched as it goes since its considered a "Live Service" in their eyes.

If there ever was a December release in the air, it’s now gone becaue of CP2077. No way in hell they will release at around that time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    They are offering refunds

- - - Updated - - -

Yep combined with the Wildfires, Californias guidlines for thanksgiving etc etc , Mid January seems very reasonable , perhaps even Feb now

Do you know if they offer any service to pause subs? I don't want a refund because I plan on playing, but I have a sub that's going to waste until at least the pre-patch comes out.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Shadowlands on 8th of December and Cyberpunk two days later, that would be horrible indeed..
    #OverShadowedLands

I dont really understand why people keep mentioning CP2077... like no dev should release date that time? They are not even the same genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Do you know if they offer any service to pause subs? I don't want a refund because I plan on playing, but I have a sub that's going to waste until at least the pre-patch comes out.
    No, they do not. Certainly not that I am aware of. Not a terrible idea, but wouldn't work without heavy restrictions, or raidloggers would pay for 1 month, and it would last them 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Think you can call them and ask to pause it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aulla View Post
    I dont really understand why people keep mentioning CP2077... like no dev should release date that time? They are not even the same genre.
    LOL its a massive AAA release thats been the most anticipated game for a couple years now, its going to get all the press. Why would they want to be overshadowed by that

You are missing the point - when a major title is released, game companies avoid releasing against other major titles to avoid the lost publicity and free marketing. Magazine covers, youtubers, twitch streamers, entertainment news sites etc etc. This isn't about lost SALES, but the loss of publicity.

#OverShadowedLands

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are looking at that wrong - it would become "overshadowed lands" if it launched against CP2077. The media wouldn't even notice SL, no articles, no attention, no free marketing for Blizzards brand
    No it wouldn't. Cyberpunk 2077 may be a hotly anticipated title but it still is just a single player game. The media would notice a WoW expansion for the same reason they notice anything Blizzard does. Besides Cyberpunk has been delayed again. You can't keep taking into account a game that has been delayed several times.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I think its a good chance the expansion never launches.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    People just like the parrot the same old shit to throw shade whenever possible.

I don't believe the whole "because of PR reasons" either.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    www ftc gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order Blizzard arent really doing it by the books, but if we all consent, which idk how that's possible, then Blizzard can delay as long as they want but must offer refunds.
    That does not apply to the release of a digital product like a game. It is regards to shipping orders. So in regards to Shadowlands it only applies to physical products sold and shipped by Blizzard. They do not have to refund unless they get told not to unless they already gave a ship date for the product. This is why many retailers have a "processing time" in addition to the ship time.

Blizzard has also offered refunds to customers who want to. But nothing on that website requires consent for a game launch to be delayed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."