Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ...
22
30
31
32
33
34
... LastLast
  1. #621
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What dishonesty? COD is closer to a competitor to Cyberpunk then WoW is.
    So you are going to completely ignore the point i raised, and refuse to answer the question I asked - You claimed wow is not a competitor to CP2077 because one is SP, and one is MP. You then claimed CP2077 IS a competitor with COD. And I asked you, do you believe a roughly 5hour SP campaign means CoD should be identified as a SP game, while ignoring the fact that the main appeal with CoD is its multiplayer?

    You continually divert and change your argument, and refuse to answer quite straight forward questions. So i will ask it as simply as I possibly can, and your answer will go a long way to measuring your credibility on this topic: Do you consider CoD to be a Single Player game?

  2. #622
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    You mean a book series that isn't so great but was propped up to being considered one of the best game IPs of the last 10 years? You don't understand the hype behind CDPR doing the same for a different IP?

    Yeah aight. Keep your head in the sand bruh lmao
    Im sorry if you feel offended because not everyone shares the same amount of passion for overhyped games.

    I don't care where Witcher came from or if people think you have to like a specific game. I didn't liked Witcher 1 & 2 (and i know Part 2 was the major reason for the Hype) and Witcher 3 was well done, but not as good as other games of the same genre were for me. I don't care that CP is from the same developer as other good games...the game has to stand for itself and CP looks - as i said - fun, but way less interesting then a WoW-Expansion...at least for me.
    Vanilla Good, TBC Bad, Wotlk Good, Cata Bad, MoP Good, WoD Bad, Legion Good, BfA Bad, SL Good, ??? Bad

  3. #623
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinga21 View Post
    Whilst it's a nice refreshing change to see someone be optimistic on this thread, I very much doubt it'll be as soon as Nov 16th. Blizzard Activision as a company can 100% afford for Shadowlands to not be released in Q4, the pre-orders will still be reported in the front-half of their accounts to help create an image of future prosperity. From looking at prior year accounts, releases are only a small source of revenue on the whole when you look at the other streams such as active subscriptions, and Candy Crush (mobile games make so much money!!). Honestly, i'm on the bandwagon of 'it's ready when it's ready' and a culture of 'getting it out ASAP to please investors' is half of the reason Blizzard have had so many failures recently.
    While I completely understand what you are saying, SL delay and a Holidat season will cause a surge or non-renewal of subs. That in itself is a big thing.
    There are other MMos releasing next year so Blizzard wants and has said, SL will be released in 2020. No way will they let a delay and then have to back peddle even more to say it wont release til 2021. Wont happen.
    They can release SL in its current state and it would still be good. It would be the tweak patches every week like it has in the past.
    Flag this thread, lets see whos right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    LMAO no way in hell SL launches Nov 16. You are dreaming
    Just optimistic. I may or may not have inside info. I can not confirm or deny.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You and a few others are incorrect. They are not "legally bound" to do anything other than offer refunds if they fail to meet their expected release date, which they are already doing. Its honestly that simple. Games are delayed ALL THE TIME, and yet no law suits? Almost like......its just part of business.
    Absolutely no question if that, however for many reasons they would want to avoid any mandatory refunds at all costs. Even if it’s for legal reasons it looks incredibly bad on the company and the game from all angles.

  5. #625
    The only info we have since the announcement of the delay is "later this year, Shadowlands is right around the corner"...now, if thousands, millions read that then you release it next year and not 2020, that is kinda a lowblow isn't it? I really do hope it is actually coming this year.

  6. #626
    Blizzard is no longer the juggernaut it once was. It can't afford to miss out on massive launch exposure where they make the overwhelming majority of their box sales.

    Release it when it's ready... It's not ready to take on Cyberpunk.

  7. #627
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,435
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Blizzard is no longer the juggernaut it once was. It can't afford to miss out on massive launch exposure where they make the overwhelming majority of their box sales.

    Release it when it's ready... It's not ready to take on Cyberpunk.
    Blizzard is no longer the juggernaut it once was. Anyone who's going to play Shadowlands already has it preordered, so box sales are irrelevant.

    Release it when it's ready... Cyberpunk won't be stealing players.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  8. #628
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisqnx View Post
    The only info we have since the announcement of the delay is "later this year, Shadowlands is right around the corner"...now, if thousands, millions read that then you release it next year and not 2020, that is kinda a lowblow isn't it? I really do hope it is actually coming this year.
    right around the corner that is the end of this year and the beginning of the next. Or maybe they are just waiting to see how the election pans out and plan accordingly

  9. #629
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Boy View Post
    right around the corner that is the end of this year and the beginning of the next. Or maybe they are just waiting to see how the election pans out and plan accordingly
    tbh only one of the leaving devs said that he is still excited for SL and its right around the corner, so idk if that means anything but most news says "later this year" which means 2020 to me.

  10. #630
    Cyberpunk would only have been relevant for a release on November 17 or 24. With 2-3 weeks of scourge invasion we'd need to have an announcement already.
    The window for a November release is pretty much closed.

  11. #631
    Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    Absolutely no question if that, however for many reasons they would want to avoid any mandatory refunds at all costs. Even if it’s for legal reasons it looks incredibly bad on the company and the game from all angles.
    You are confused - This has already happened. They announced a release date, and missed that date. As such, they have offered refunds, as required. Thats it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Cyberpunk would only have been relevant for a release on November 17 or 24. With 2-3 weeks of scourge invasion we'd need to have an announcement already.
    The window for a November release is pretty much closed.
    By this time next week i think it will be closed. I dont believe its coming in November, just to be clear, but they still have some time to announce the 3 week event followed by release end of November. The window isnt closed, but its getting bloody close.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by whoisqnx View Post
    The only info we have since the announcement of the delay is "later this year, Shadowlands is right around the corner"...now, if thousands, millions read that then you release it next year and not 2020, that is kinda a lowblow isn't it? I really do hope it is actually coming this year.
    You mean like when they officially confirmed it was releasing today?

  12. #632
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    By this time next week i think it will be closed. I dont believe its coming in November, just to be clear, but they still have some time to announce the 3 week event followed by release end of November. The window isnt closed, but its getting bloody close.
    Okay, US could still get November 30, but for most of EU and the rest of the world it'd be December 1.

  13. #633
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I may or may not have inside info. I can not confirm or deny.
    So if these dates dont happen, we will know this statement was absolute rubbish.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Okay, US could still get November 30, but for EU it'd be December 1.
    Um.....what? Are you talking about thanksgiving? Are you seriously suggesting they would do this? You might wanna check the original launch date of world of warcraft before going any further.

  14. #634
    I think it's safe to assume that delaying something for the first time is a bit different than delaying multiple times, especially when you clearly state that it will come later this year after the first delay.
    If they were not sure about this year during the announcement of the delay they could have easily used different words such as "sometime in the future"

  15. #635
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So if these dates dont happen, we will know this statement was absolute rubbish.
    We really gotta work on your sense of humor.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  16. #636
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,435
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So if these dates dont happen, we will know this statement was absolute rubbish.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Um.....what? Are you talking about thanksgiving? Are you seriously suggesting they would do this? You might wanna check the original launch date of world of warcraft before going any further.
    Eh that's Cyber Monday, that's not bad.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  17. #637
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Um.....what? Are you talking about thanksgiving? Are you seriously suggesting they would do this? You might wanna check the original launch date of world of warcraft before going any further.
    Didn't know or care about Thanksgiving cause EU. So you imply a release on November 23/24 as possible with 3 weeks of invasion which would mean less than a week of warning before it starts? No.

  18. #638
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  19. #639
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Unfortunately he isn't there anymore, as it was a temporary bug

  20. #640
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So you are going to completely ignore the point i raised, and refuse to answer the question I asked - You claimed wow is not a competitor to CP2077 because one is SP, and one is MP. You then claimed CP2077 IS a competitor with COD. And I asked you, do you believe a roughly 5hour SP campaign means CoD should be identified as a SP game, while ignoring the fact that the main appeal with CoD is its multiplayer?[/B]
    I answered the question already and didn't ignore anything you stated. Just because you didn't get the answer you are fishing doesn't change that I answered it. Your focusing on this is weird. It doesn't matter what the main appeal is of CoD. It does have a singleplayer even if it isn't the main draw so my statements are not wrong. It still competes more with Cyberpunk then WoW.

    I've never claimed that there won't be some attention drawn from WoW by other game releases. But it won't be a huge deal like you are trying to make it out to be. It is weird though that you are arguing against the point you were making in the first place simply because I am saying it was a crowded release time frame for Cyberpunk. Weird huh?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •