Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would not mind even if we spent a year in pre-patch.. just make sure that shadowlands is good, fun, balanced and most of all just "working" without bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I would not mind even if we spent a year in pre-patch.. just make sure that shadowlands is good, fun, balanced and most of all just "working" without bugs.
    Balancing won't matter - they wait a year and they won't have any players.

Time doesnt always equate to quality.

Giving them a year might iron out more bugs but there is no guarantee its gonna be more fun.
    Its pretty much ready to release at this point

If I had to wait a year on pre-patch I would probably quit and never come back... Which now that I mention it, it's a pretty solid plan. I hope they do that

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Balancing won't matter - they wait a year and they won't have any players.
    I don’t have BFA as my main game, So the wait would not affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    If I had to wait a year on pre-patch I would probably quit and never come back... Which now that I mention it, it's a pretty solid plan. I hope they do that
    I would not consider it ”Wait” personally, as i don’t play BFA hardcore and mostly just do my underrots per week.

I am perfectly content with Blizzard delaying SL til next year. It’s so far off ready, and the longer I can go without having to deal with dogshit covenant and soulbind systems, the better

It was good as it was but blizzard listens to the vocal minority again.. most of us just want fresh start. I dont mind fixing small things during expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    It was good as it was but blizzard listens to the vocal minority again.. most of us just want fresh start. I dont mind fixing small things during expansion.
    I cannot agree more. As someone who finds his own fun in the game regardless of balance issues and without stating OH MAH GAWD SYSTEMS ARE BAD BLIZZUUUUUURD every single day, i wish Shadowlands would be out today. There are so many new things in Shadowlands that i want to experience, explore already.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I am perfectly content with Blizzard delaying SL til next year. It’s so far off ready, and the longer I can go without having to deal with dogshit covenant and soulbind systems, the better
    There is an easy way you never have to deal with those systems you know

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah so they delay it 3 months, I fuck around doing other shit for that time being bored of the dead expansion bullshit and come back to Shadowlands only for it to be imbalanced stupid shit too? Like really. Since they announced the delays, they have only made my spec worse and buffed others. That's it. I know they will continue to buff others and do nothing for my spec the longer shit goes on until they decide "we better do something for Ret" and nerf it again. That's the main reason I wanted it to go before it was "ready" because "ready" means Ret being fucking nerfed. I almost got to slip into an expansion where they forgot to kill off my spec but now it's going to be fucking dead and the mystical "release it when it's readyyyyyy" bullshit will just mean we wait months for nothing.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by whoisqnx View Post
    I cannot agree more. As someone who finds his own fun in the game regardless of balance issues and without stating OH MAH GAWD SYSTEMS ARE BAD BLIZZUUUUUURD every single day, i wish Shadowlands would be out today. There are so many new things in Shadowlands that i want to experience, explore already.
    Just go explore on the PTR or beta then?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What? Are you telling me you arent taking time off for the insane prepatch event?

We need at least 6 weeks of notice before the prepatch event.

- - - Updated - - -

Balancing isnt a core issue. Balancing is the last thing they do before the release and continue to do after release.
    My dude, balance isn’t the issue here. It is covenants. Yes, the covenants are imbalanced. But they are imbalanced because of how they are designed not just because of some messed up tuning. They aren’t able to balance them. Never will. Making this a core issue my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

There is an easy way you never have to deal with those systems you know
    What by not playing the game? Lol. The entirety of shadowlands revolves around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    My dude, balance isn’t the issue here. It is covenants. Yes, the covenants are imbalanced. But they are imbalanced because of how they are designed not just because of some messed up tuning. They aren’t able to balance them. Never will. Making this a core issue my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

What by not playing the game? Lol. The entirety of shadowlands revolves around them.

Starts by saying balance isnt the issue. Ends by saying it is.

Balance isnt a core issue. Balance is an ongoing thing just like it always is.

And yes, by not playing the game. Thats what i would do if i was this bugged out by something

The only confirmed date we can speculate is its always 3 weeks from the current week without the event. If the event comes out next week then shadowlands releases on the 17th of November. We have 7 more weeks to have shadowlands released in 2020. We are already running into holiday time. It has to release on the 17th or it’s probably not gonna happen this year.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Starts by saying balance isnt the issue. Ends by saying it is.

Balance isnt a core issue. Balance is an ongoing thing just like it always is.

And yes, by not playing the game. Thats what i would do if i was this bugged out by something
    I can't tell if you are trolling. The covenants are imbalanced, the issue isn't that they just need readjusting, the issue is that the aren't able to be balanced at all, obviously causing imbalance.

Ok maybe this is a really hard thought for you so let me kinda dumb it down for you.

Let's say I have a flat tire (imbalance) on my bike, normally the issue just needs to be resolved by filling it with air (balancing it), but if the road I'm on is a road made of broken glass(covenants) then the real issue here isn't that I need to air my tire up it's that I probably need to get off that road.

Does that make it any easier for you to understand sweetie?

Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    Just Talk!! They said before the end of the year and so i expect before the end of the year.

I really don't understand those who say that they're perfectly fine with a 2021 release.
    IF they hadn't released the pre-patch, I'd agree with the sentiment that they should take the time they need to make as good a game as they can.
    However, they DID release the pre-patch. As you know 9.0 is balanced around lvl 60s. This makes the balance worse (a loooot worse than the current balance in shadowlands beta for lvl 60s) for lvl 50s. Both PvE and PvP is absolute dogshit right now. Me and my mates are pretty casual, before 9.0 we were doing 17+ keys. After the patch, we do 21+ keys without any problem at all. My freshly dinged BM hunter performs about as well as my fury warrior with full m+ gear, etc etc.

9.0 simply isn't designed for BfA. Which would be fine, if it was for ~5 weeks as usual. A couple of weeks trying out the class changes, then a few weeks with the pre-patch event. Great. Except, now they delayed it AND released the pre-patch. If they delay it to January/February, we have 3-4 MONTHS of playing with a balance designed for a different game, where the only thing that feels somewhat rewarding is leveling.

So yeah, I'd agree if they hadn't released the pre-patch, take all the time you need. But BfA right now in anything other than leveling is god awful (even more than the expansion has been in general), and a release of Shadowlands in an "OK" state and later patched to a great state would be MUCH preferable to keeping WoW in an awful state for months before releasing SL in a great state.

If they actually go for a spring release, Ny'alotha will have been about the same length as Siege of Orgrimmar that people love to meme about, and even worse, almost half of that time the game will have been tuned for an entirely different expansion.
    A broken Shadowlands would be better than that, and Shadowlands isn't at all broken like many vocals would have you believe. It isn't great yet, but it's a lot better than 9.0 BfA.
    Last edited by valrchron; 2020-10-28 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    I can't tell if you are trolling. The covenants are imbalanced, the issue isn't that they just need readjusting, the issue is that the aren't able to be balanced at all, obviously causing imbalance.

Ok maybe this is a really hard thought for you so let me kinda dumb it down for you.

Let's say I have a flat tire (imbalance) on my bike, normally the issue just needs to be resolved by filling it with air (balancing it), but if the road I'm on is a road made of broken glass(covenants) then the real issue here isn't that I need to air my tire up it's that I probably need to get off that road.

Does that make it any easier for you to understand sweetie?
    I get the analogy but i disagree that it has such a fundamental issue as to be inbalanceable. Most people that actually know the systems would

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They don't say it but people wanting new abilities every new expansion should at least be self aware of thats not sustainable.
    why not?
    give me new a combat spell, i'll make it into my rotation and some old spell might become situational
    losing spells feels like shit, that's 100%
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I get the analogy but i disagree that it has such a fundamental issue as to be inbalanceable. Most people that actually know the systems would
    Think that all you want, that's what the issue is. If it wasn't they wouldn't have changed how this system works at a fundamental level 4 times already during the beta. Christ they still don't know what they want to do with it.