Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Didn't know or care about Thanksgiving cause EU. So you imply a release on November 23/24 as possible with 3 weeks of invasion which would mean less than a week of warning before it starts? No.
    How much warning do you think they will give for a silly little event? The pre-patch is already live, why would anyone need any more than a days warning?

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Um.....what? Are you talking about thanksgiving? Are you seriously suggesting they would do this? You might wanna check the original launch date of world of warcraft before going any further.
    November 30th is a Monday which is after thanksgiving and would have been the same day that the US was to have Shadowlands if it released today. Remember Blizzard is doing a global launch so the US was actually getting it on Monday the 27th.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #643
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I answered the question already and didn't ignore anything you stated. Just because you didn't get the answer you are fishing doesn't change that I answered it. Your focusing on this is weird. It doesn't matter what the main appeal is of CoD. It does have a singleplayer even if it isn't the main draw so my statements are not wrong. It still competes more with Cyberpunk then WoW.

    I've never claimed that there won't be some attention drawn from WoW by other game releases. But it won't be a huge deal like you are trying to make it out to be. It is weird though that you are arguing against the point you were making in the first place simply because I am saying it was a crowded release time frame for Cyberpunk. Weird huh?
    Right, so you genuinely believe CoD is a "SP Game", even though the entire "campaign" is shorter than many games tutorials. You are being EXTREMELY disingenuous by trying to claim it is a SP game. This is a discussion about a games appeal when compared to other releases, and you are going to say, hand on heart, that CoD competes with CP2077 because they are both "SP games" when without any shadow of a doubt, CoDs appeal is clearly as a MP product.

  4. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Right, so you genuinely believe CoD is a "SP Game", even though the entire "campaign" is shorter than many games tutorials. You are being EXTREMELY disingenuous by trying to claim it is a SP game. This is a discussion about a games appeal when compared to other releases, and you are going to say, hand on heart, that CoD competes with CP2077 because they are both "SP games" when without any shadow of a doubt, CoDs appeal is clearly as a MP product.
    The only one that has mentioned it being a single player game is yourself. It has a single player component which is just silly to ignore. The competing nature is more from it being a shooter just as Cyberpunk is as well as the console market. Since Cyberpunk is also a console game which will be a large part of its sales.

    Your argument also defeats your original one. If Cyberpunk and CoD do not compete because one is primarily MP and one is SP then WoW as only MP can not compete with Cyberpunk. Weird how your stance changes based on your whim to be "correct".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    November 30th is a Monday which is after thanksgiving and would have been the same day that the US was to have Shadowlands if it released today. Remember Blizzard is doing a global launch so the US was actually getting it on Monday the 27th.
    The person I quoted suggested it could no longer make a November release - I stated it is still very possible, although I personally think it is unlikely, they still have time. I dont see any issue at all with them announcing the event starting the following day when they announce the (hopeful) release date, i cannot understand why people think there will be extensive "warning" for something is minor as a small pre-expansion event.

    I would expect at least 2 weeks warning for the actual expansion, but again, these are unusual times, so anything is possible.

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Balance is good enough? You know some specs are doing 50-60% more damage overall than other, right? You know in certain scenarios that number is closer to 200%? You can't honestly think that's "good enough".

    - - - Updated - - -



    You are looking at that wrong - it would become "overshadowed lands" if it launched against CP2077. The media wouldn't even notice SL, no articles, no attention, no free marketing for Blizzards brand.

    As it is an expansion launch isn't comparable to a major AAA release, but to launch within days of one of the most anticipated games in quite some time is a bit foolish.

    And, like many of us have said for MONTHS now, they have a built in ready to go excuse that is receiving a lot of sympathy and understanding - dem ronas.

    To be clear, I agree that the overlap is small - half the people I play wow with don't even know wtf CP2077 is. Wow is quite unique in that a lot of non-gamers play wow hardcore.
    Thats not true, we both know Blizzard will hire them to right a B+ to A- score article only to come back and write another one in 6 months hows its the perfect time to get back into Azeroth for the next patch lol

  7. #647
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The only one that has mentioned it being a single player game is yourself. It has a single player component which is just silly to ignore. The competing nature is more from it being a shooter just as Cyberpunk is as well as the console market. Since Cyberpunk is also a console game which will be a large part of its sales.

    Your argument also defeats your original one. If Cyberpunk and CoD do not compete because one is primarily MP and one is SP then WoW as only MP can not compete with Cyberpunk. Weird how your stance changes based on your whim to be "correct".
    You are extremely confused right now. When i suggested CP2077 and WoW would absolutely be competing for media coverage if they released together, and that i believed CP2077 would easily win that battle, you said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No it wouldn't. Cyberpunk 2077 may be a hotly anticipated title but it still is just a single player game. .
    But to try and support your own argument, you followed up with this:

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Cyberpunk was competing with Call of Duty...
    So it is actually YOU that has entirely contradicted yourself and you are so busy trying to spin a narrative you havnt even noticed the hypocrisy of your comments.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Thats not true, we both know Blizzard will hire them to right a B+ to A- score article only to come back and write another one in 6 months hows its the perfect time to get back into Azeroth for the next patch lol
    You are only talking about reviews - this isnt 1990 - i dont know anyone who actually believes an IGN score or whatever PC Gamer has to say. But what is a factor, is how much coverage it is getting on social media and other digital forms of FREE marketing, such as twitch and youtube.

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are extremely confused right now. When i suggested CP2077 and WoW would absolutely be competing for media coverage if they released together, and that i believed CP2077 would easily win that battle, you said this:
    Right so you think a single player game competes with a multiplayer game. Yet want to dismiss a game that actually does have a single player component just because it doesn't allow you to keep attack me. Weird huh? CoD and Cyberpunk also compete on more then just the type of game but also the platform as I said in my previous post. Console is a large part of their market and even one of the stated reasons why Cyberpunk is being delayed. The used the struggle of developing on so many platforms as the reason for delay (PC and the 4 console generations)

    I haven't contradicted myself at all.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #649
    random Shadowlands date speculation comment passing by

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    The issues SL has is literally core issues..
    Factually incorrect..... to be clear I'm talking about core development issues, not issues you may feel are core to your game play.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  11. #651
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisqnx View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that delaying something for the first time is a bit different than delaying multiple times, especially when you clearly state that it will come later this year after the first delay.
    If they were not sure about this year during the announcement of the delay they could have easily used different words such as "sometime in the future"
    Not at al, they may have anticipated being able to it this year, but things happen and come up and now cant do it
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Not at al, they may have anticipated being able to it this year, but things happen and come up and now cant do it
    Idk man, personally i was happy for the delay because i found it to be a great step by Blizzard but if they delay it even further after stating multiple times that it is indeed later this year, i will slowly lose interest.

  13. #653
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Factually incorrect..... to be clear I'm talking about core development issues, not issues you may feel are core to your game play.
    Telling me I’m factually incorrect without providing specifically what you mean by core issues makes me think you’re a dumb dumb. What is ‘core issues’ to you, if a system specifically made to be the center of how the game is balanced isn’t.

  14. #654
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Yeah, but since when are we operating on the southern hemisphere's calendar, when blizzard is based in north america?
    I am assuming you have emojis disabled or something? the final bit of his sentence clearly shows he is joking

  15. #655
    They’ve said later this year which would suggest sometime between now and 11:59 Dec.31.

    Anything later will be classified as another delay on their part which likely won’t end well. The choice in language to say later this year suggests that it’s not even an option to delay again, thinking otherwise shows ignorance.

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This but not because of Cyberpunk. It's because they always delay tiers if they land in December, because Blizz uber respects the 24th through the 1st.

    I've been saying December 1st for a while now, you can check my post history.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

  17. #657
    There's a reason why they introduced the new 6 month promotion
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

  18. #658
    Epic! Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,636
    Same reason they do it more often?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  19. #659
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    How much warning do you think they will give for a silly little event? The pre-patch is already live, why would anyone need any more than a days warning?
    What? Are you telling me you arent taking time off for the insane prepatch event?

    We need at least 6 weeks of notice before the prepatch event.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Telling me I’m factually incorrect without providing specifically what you mean by core issues makes me think you’re a dumb dumb. What is ‘core issues’ to you, if a system specifically made to be the center of how the game is balanced isn’t.
    Balancing isnt a core issue. Balancing is the last thing they do before the release and continue to do after release.

  20. #660
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So it is actually YOU that has entirely contradicted yourself and you are so busy trying to spin a narrative you havnt even noticed the hypocrisy of your comments.
    seems more like you are trying to twist his words and misinterpret is as much as possible so it seems you are right...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I haven't contradicted myself at all.
    dont bother, he clearely cant grasp the notion that twisting your words doesnt make him right

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •