Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Again, not taking anything as gospel.

    I just see no reason to believe a random forum poster, who could say "SL won't be released until 2040" with just as much evidence.

    Yes, Blizzard said "October release" and then amended their statement to say "before the end of 2020."
    First, arguing from extremes and attempting to discredit the argument by using ridiculous dates like "2040" does nothing good for your argument at all.

    Secondly, they didnt say "October release" and then amend their statement to say "before the end of 2020". They said "before the end of 2020" and then updated it to the specific release date of October 27th, 2020", and then missed that date, and have provided no update at all since then, other than falling back to their safety net of "before the end of 2020".

  2. #102
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,040
    Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Considering this 6 month joke of a "promo" and the fact Beta is still undergoing huge class changes among other things I reckon January-February 2021 for Shadowlands.

    It's 100% not coming out next month or December.
    its coming out next month or december, too bad you are wrong.
    Also idk if you know but

    a month or 2 is plenty of time for class changes
    we are always 2-3 weeks behind the internal builds
    class changes will continue to go from launch all the way to mythic launch week, one of the biggest class change weeks is the week between heroic and mythic.

  3. #103
    Its going to release the 7th or 14th of Dec regardless if its fixed or not and Raids will arrive Jan 4th. That gives the usual 2-3 weeks to prepare and misses both holidays..

    Pretty much what I was saying before the b.s Oct 26th date they came up with..

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Its going to release the 7th or 14th of Dec regardless if its fixed or not and Raids will arrive Jan 4th. That gives the usual 2-3 weeks to prepare and misses both holidays..
    With how the prepatch has launched that sounds true that they would just launch it sooner to prove a point rather than release a polished product to be fair.

  5. #105
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm a bit surprised considering the other poster missed this considering how insistent they are on how it's more than just bugs, but Blizzard flat out said end game content wasn't where they want it to be.

    The Maw itself was cited as a huge issue, as they wanted it to feel barren and hopeless basically for immersion but for gameplay, it left little to nothing to do there and it was a major part of the end game.

    I'd have to dig up the article but hopefully that rings a bell or two for some. Granted, it's definitely not a "from scratch" type of deal, and if Blizzard still says 2020 after they already delayed it I see no reason why to doubt them.
    The maw has already been fixed, they stated as is they needed to make some changes and would in the upcoming build, and they did, one of the main things being adding the dailies to the map instead of having to explore for them
    and also in this last week, adding more uses for stygia.

    maw is fine now, it just had some issues that have already been fixed, the main things now is balance, bugs, and 1 raid boss that just aint fun, but i mean they have pushed those live before.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    The only way "there will be no staff during the holidays" makes sense is if they are getting that amount of time off. Reminder: The post I originally quoted said all of December is off the table because of "the holidays."

    The forums and their blatant misuse of pointing out what they believe are logical fallacies instead of actually arguing the intended point being made, which is more than obvious given the context. It's always entertaining.

    Furthermore, Blizzard themselves have had multiple late November-Early December releases, and I can't find a source of them saying anything to the contrary. Regardless, history shows they are willing to do it regardless of what they have stated publicly.

    Congrats on the time off. You're in the minority.
    They did not say it was "off the table", they said it was unlikely. And why are you now shifting the goalposts all the way back to November?

  7. #107
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,702
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, this is a redirect and avoidance. Your statement in favor of 'rental powers' was "they cant just add new abilities every expansion!" but as I pointed out, and you have since admitted, no one is saying they should. As such, you are attacking an argument no one is making, to make your argument seem stronger than it is. That is called a strawman argument.
    No I am not. People have been hating on the rental power system and want it gone. Nobody has actually suggested a better way to handle all the ability bloat and nobody liked pruning. Some people want to add more talents to current talent system and well thats adding more abilities technically. What answer is there and don't go on about this strawman argument, screaming strawman all the time isn't an argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  8. #108
    just nope, they wouldn't get a 3rd chance on this, they will release it mid december at most regardless of whether it's ready

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No I am not. People have been hating on the rental power system and want it gone. Nobody has actually suggested a better way to handle all the ability bloat and nobody liked pruning. Some people want to add more talents to current talent system and well thats adding more abilities technically. What answer is there and don't go on about this strawman argument, screaming strawman all the time isn't an argument.
    What ability bloat?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    December isn't out of the question, not in the slightest. Cataclysm was released in the 2nd week of December in 2009. And, I don't see how November is out of the question as well. Excellent job at completely disregarding facts, relevant trends and past tendencies.
    7 December 2010

  11. #111
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    This - the "soon(tm)" Blizzard had before has been long gone and forgotten. Release a finish product, we DO NOT need another BfA.
    I liked the SOON (TM) Blizzard. People on MMO C not so much. Raging how it took too long to get shit out and released for ages.

    Well...they got their wish, eh? Don't see anyone being happy though

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    This - the "soon(tm)" Blizzard had before has been long gone and forgotten. Release a finish product, we DO NOT need another BfA.
    Warcraft 3 Reforged is a prime example of that.......

    Delayed and came out a mess as well as them lying about features.
    Last edited by pepine; 2020-10-22 at 09:11 PM.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I liked the SOON (TM) Blizzard. People on MMO C not so much. Raging how it took too long to get shit out and released for ages.

    Well...they got their wish, eh? Don't see anyone being happy though
    If it helps, im happy. Im very pleased they made the decision to hold back the release, and now im hopeful they use this time to improve the game. November, December, 2021, i dont care, so long as the final product is worth the wait.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Warcraft 3 Reforged would like a word with you.....
    Reading comprehension would like to have a word with you. They are specifically saying that the "soon" slogan has long since been forgotten by Blizzard, and yes, reforged is a prime example supporting that statement.

  14. #114
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,702
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What ability bloat?
    Why do think they pruned abilities? For shits and giggles? Also adding more abiilties each expansion 10 11.0 12. that bloat is going to be there. Thats what I mean.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    just nope, they wouldn't get a 3rd chance on this, they will release it mid december at most regardless of whether it's ready
    Correct. Even if it's not ready they won't release it 2021 if only to avoid the bad PR that would carry delaying things twice. There was enough uproar the first time and they even had to proactively offer refunds.

    I'm sure before they announced the delay, several marketing and risk management people (if thats a thing) went carefully over the wording. If they said theyre still on track for 2020, I'll trust them if only because another delay would be an even bigger mess they certainly don't want to be in.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why do think they pruned abilities? For shits and giggles? Also adding more abiilties each expansion 10 11.0 12. that bloat is going to be there. Thats what I mean.
    This is circular reasoning, with nothing to support it. You are honestly just going around and around in circles arguing with yourself.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yeah i find it extremely confusing that someone would take one thing Blizzard says as gospel, and entirely dismiss the fact they also said it would come out in October. People are free to believe as they choose, i just find it very strange.
    I'm in no way taking it as gospel but if that's what blizzard has said then that's harder evidence than the literal nothing in the OP.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If it helps, im happy. Im very pleased they made the decision to hold back the release, and now im hopeful they use this time to improve the game. November, December, 2021, i dont care, so long as the final product is worth the wait.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Reading comprehension would like to have a word with you. They are specifically saying that the "soon" slogan has long since been forgotten by Blizzard, and yes, reforged is a prime example supporting that statement.
    Ah yes it would mate. My bad. I'm a bit exhausted from work is all. Been doing a near 24 hour shift at the hospital.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Ah yes it would mate. My bad. I'm a bit exhausted from work is all. Been doing a near 24 hour shift at the hospital.
    These things happen - in the future, double down on what you said, and get overly defensive and cause some drama - this is the internet after all!

    jking obviously, not a big deal at all.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-22 at 09:41 PM.

  20. #120
    pretty sure they were discussing a new date already before they announced the delay and they probably know already. I think we will get the date on the original release date with the invasion time aswell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •