Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

    Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    December is not unlikely. If they release the first or second week of December it doesn't line up with the holidays, still pulls in holiday sales, and the raid wouldn't release until Janurary. It lines up perfectly for everybody involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  2. #122
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,039
    I personally would rather wait for a polished product, even if that means spring, but I highly doubt it will be the case. A prepatch that is almost half a year long would be bizarre. If they felt it would be that long, they probably would have postponed the prepatch as well.

    I think it'll be either in the first two weeks of December or else pushed off January. It's all speculation, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    I keep seeing this sentiment and it always baffles me.

    Since when is releasing a video game at a time when a lot of people (especially children/college kids) have an excess amount of free-time a bad idea?
    For users it's not a bad idea but it's still very unlikely because many Blizzard employees will not be working the last week or two of the year due to the holidays. Releasing a patch when there's minimal support (either customer support, dev, QA, sever team, etc) available to jump on critical issues is generally a bad idea. Same reason why a release thanksgiving week is very unlikely to happen either. IIRC Blizzard has even explicitly said in the past that they don't want to release things during holidays, although I dont remember if the context was expansion, major patch, or raid.
    INTERMITTENT AVAILABILITY - PM ANOTHER GLOBAL PLEASE

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I'm in no way taking it as gospel but if that's what blizzard has said then that's harder evidence than the literal nothing in the OP.
    But, as I said, WHY is it better evidence? They have been proven wrong once before, and proved the "its going to be delayed" crowd RIGHT. Its 1-0 to those expecting delays vs Blizzards word.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    Could you tell me how paying for an actual service is considered a scam ?
    Or how something that's reliably happened every 6 months is somehow relevant to SL release date.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Its going to release the 7th or 14th of Dec regardless if its fixed or not and Raids will arrive Jan 4th. That gives the usual 2-3 weeks to prepare and misses both holidays..

    Pretty much what I was saying before the b.s Oct 26th date they came up with..
    If you truly think raids aren't coming out until next year, then it isn't coming January 4th when Blizzard is on vacation. They typically come back middle of month, then take a week to get back into the swing of things. So, in essence, what you're looking at, is a January 19th raid release instead. A month and a half of no M+, raid, or PvP season? Even through the holidays, that's a rough way to start off your xpac.

    It might seem early, but I'm still thinking they push a November 17 with December 1st raid release date.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or how something that's reliably happened every 6 months is somehow relevant to SL release date.
    You think the last one was 6 months ago? It was a little over 3. Please stop with this dishonest and entirely incorrect narrative of "they do it exactly every 6 months"

  7. #127
    No chance, lol

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But, as I said, WHY is it better evidence? They have been proven wrong once before, and proved the "its going to be delayed" crowd RIGHT. Its 1-0 to those expecting delays vs Blizzards word.
    Sure, if you ignore all events where they haven't been proven wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You think the last one was 6 months ago? It was a little over 3. Please stop with this dishonest and entirely incorrect narrative of "they do it exactly every 6 months"
    Stop trying to put words in other people's mouths first. Didn't say anything about "exact".

  9. #129
    The latest I expect that they can delay it is about late Januari, any later than that will be catastrophic for the game as people will just lose interest. My personal guess is 8th December, shortly after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. I also wonder how the schedule for Classic will look like if they have to delay things aswell, they already have Naxx on the PTR with several wings but there has yet to be an official release date for Naxx to come out. Hopefully its not to close to SL release.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I personally would rather wait for a polished product, even if that means spring, but I highly doubt it will be the case. A prepatch that is almost half a year long would be bizarre. If they felt it would be that long, they probably would have postponed the prepatch as well.

    I think it'll be either in the first two weeks of December or else pushed off January. It's all speculation, though.


    For users it's not a bad idea but it's still very unlikely because many Blizzard employees will not be working the last week or two of the year due to the holidays. Releasing a patch when there's minimal support (either customer support, dev, QA, sever team, etc) available to jump on critical issues is generally a bad idea. Same reason why a release thanksgiving week is very unlikely to happen either. IIRC Blizzard has even explicitly said in the past that they don't want to release things during holidays, although I dont remember if the context was expansion, major patch, or raid.
    We waited for a polished product for a remaster of Warcraft 3.

    We got a product that is still a buggy mess and has features that are still not in the game because they lied.

    I just don't have faith in the old Blizzard polish anymore I'm afraid.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Stop trying to put words in other people's mouths first. Didn't say anything about "exact".
    this is what you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    reliably happened every 6 months
    Are you now going to claim that you meant every 3 months? or just stick to the "reliably happened EVERY 6 MONTHS"

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Release it when it's ready. Not before.
    but when the WHAT is ready? a simple expansion, like bfa, without news, which brings as a novelty the OLD abilities of each class that were pruned in the past .... THE ONE THAT has to be ready? I understand, what has to be ready? Which? It is shameful how long it takes to get an expansion so simple and without news.Another 2 years doing the "new bfa" AGAIN.GG BLI$$ARD.

    I am losing hope that they will release an interesting expansion, with a good hero class, and that it does not seem like the truth for small children ...
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-10-22 at 09:22 PM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    I get the feeling we will hear something on the old release date.
    If we don't then it will become more likely #SL2021. I remember some wow experts being interviewed and saying the game doesn't look as far along as what BfA did.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sure, if you ignore all events where they haven't been proven wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Stop trying to put words in other people's mouths first. Didn't say anything about "exact".
    So when you say every 6 months when it's only been 3 months you are implying exactly 6 months. Not 5 months. Not 18 months. 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    I am losing hope that they will release an interesting expansion, with a good hero class, and that it does not seem like the truth for small children ...
    You think they are releasing a hero class? Sorry but what on earth are you talking about?

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    With the recent new 6 month promo scam wouldn't be surprised if it is spring.
    Giving people options to get free in game goods is now a scam?

  16. #136
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,034
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If we don't then it will become more likely #SL2021. I remember some wow experts being interviewed and saying the game doesn't look as far along as what BfA did.
    "wow experts" fucking maximum ROFL x 1million

    "wow experts". That's going in my fucking sig man.

    By "wow experts" you mean, "moronic youtubers", huh?
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

    So when you say every 6 months when it's only been 3 months you are implying exactly 6 months. Not 5 months. Not 18 months. 6.
    Thats my point i guess, if it was a week or 2 out from every 6 months, sweet as, no issue at all. But it was a little over 3 months, not even CLOSE to 6 months.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    "wow experts" fucking maximum ROFL x 1million

    "wow experts". That's going in my fucking sig man.

    By "wow experts" you mean, "moronic youtubers", huh?
    Based on your signature, you obviously have a vendetta of some kind against youtubers, however yes, a youtuber who focuses mostly or entirely on wow, and plays at a high level, for a living, would be by all known definitions an "expert" on the subject. You can hate it all you want, but that doesnt make it any less true.

  18. #138
    The Lightbringer Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    3,893
    It is likely going to be released before or just after Blizzconline next year.

    So I am saying the latest realistic release would be 2/23/2021.

    They usually give about 3 weeks of pre-expansion event activity ... so we are looking at at least 3 weeks away, if they start the event next week. November isn't out of question, but it is unlike to drop the new expansion before Thanksgiving. December or January release is most likely.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is likely going to be released before or just after Blizzconline next year.

    So I am saying the latest realistic release would be 2/23/2021.

    They usually give about 3 weeks of pre-expansion event activity ... so we are looking at at least 3 weeks away, if they start the event next week. November isn't out of question, but it is unlike to drop the new expansion before Thanksgiving. December or January release is most likely.
    I fully expect them to announce a new release date BEFORE starting the pre-expansion events. So i would expect to hear the date before anything about the events, but hey, i could be wrong, it just makes sense to me.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But, as I said, WHY is it better evidence? They have been proven wrong once before, and proved the "its going to be delayed" crowd RIGHT. Its 1-0 to those expecting delays vs Blizzards word.
    It's better because the guys at Blizzard has internal data, and OP has absolutely fuck all. Could it be delayed until spring? Sure, that could definetely happen, but, I will take the word of those who has internal knowledge any day over a guy who has absolutely nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •