Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, apparently about 8/9 years is the limit, then you have to suddenly change everything. I realize this is a very popular argument for pro bolt on power individuals, but it is a complete strawman argument - i have not seen anyone claim they should add endless new abilities to the game.
    They don't say it but people wanting new abilities every new expansion should at least be self aware of thats not sustainable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Cataclysm released december 7th? Raids came around January I believe. Don't see the issue with this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They don't say it but people wanting new abilities every new expansion should at least be self aware of thats not sustainable.
    Again, whos saying that? If by your own admission no one is saying it, why are you trying to counter an argument no one is making?

There is some evidence to support this claim, but obviously people just ignore / dismiss it. Like someone said on the previous page, the calender had the first SL event listed for feb 2021. Its evidence, but not conclusive.
    OP said Spring, and start of February is not Spring. Not only that, it wouldn't come the first week of the expansion anyway, so early January latest if we are to go by this. First Dungeon event in BfA came out 12th of September, 1 month after launch.

But, the calendar can change. Just like it did with the pre patch. We were supposed to have World Quest week the week pre patch came. It was pushed back to next reset instead, so two weeks change. I don't know when SL will come, but to use the calendar for evidence is vague at best.

Ok, imo they sticking with 2020 release

Hollows end is over on Nov 1st. Imo they would wait at least a week to release the pre-patch event. They won't release on Nov 3 because of elections.

So we have either Nov 10th or 17th for the Pre-patch zombie event.

It probably runs for at least 3 weeks so.

So i can see expac being released either Dec 1st or the 8th. They will also avoid the 3rd or 4th week of Dec due to holidays. Either way i see a December release.

Again, possible, obviously. But it would require staff to work through the holiday season, something Blizzard have gone on record stating they dont want to do.
    Yes and no. It depends on how Blizzard schedules everything. The only thing that a early December release would mean is that the raid would have to be released after the new years celebration since there would only be a skeleton crew on location during the holidays.

I was kinda worried about this as a possibility, but didn't bring it up because I knew how everyone here would react, lol.

I'm in the Miyamoto camp, and forever shall be. Release it only when it will make you proud to have been a part of it. Disposable, forgettable patches have been a thing for too long now, and imo, they are the real reason the game has went downhill. The excitement is there in the planning phase, but turns into apathy when crunch time rolls around. Give them enough time, and they will put out something worth playing, I'm confident of that.

They also said it would be out in October. Believe what you want to believe, but don't be so naïve as to believe anything Blizzard has said is rock hard fact and not subject to change.
    Covid-19 had more to do with the change of date than Blizzard did.

But sure, let's pretend that everything going on this year is 100% normal, and Blizzard is just being idiots. Ya know, multi-billion dollar company and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    April 2021. Because 6 month transmog SCAM.
    Do you know what that word even means?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Ok, imo they sticking with 2020 release

Hollows end is over on Nov 1st. Imo they would wait at least a week to release the pre-patch event. They won't release on Nov 3 because of elections.

So we have either Nov 10th or 17th for the Pre-patch zombie event.

It probably runs for at least 3 weeks so.

So i can see expac being released either Dec 1st or the 8th. They will also avoid the 3rd or 4th week of Dec due to holidays. Either way i see a December release.
    Yeah, if they DID release in 2020(which I currently doubt) I think it would be on or around those dates. If not those dates, my doubt for a 2020 release is much, much higher.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cute PR statement. WoD and BfA begs to differ.
    Neither of those were ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Neither of those were ready?
    Thats the point being made, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post

But sure, let's pretend that everything going on this year is 100% normal, and Blizzard is just being idiots. Ya know, multi-billion dollar company and all.
    But for the last 6 months people here been claiming that covid won't affect SL development cause WFH or something.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post

That cant be right though, as in a previous "2021" thread, someone claimed to have a "very close friend" who worked for blizzard, and was actively working on SL, and they claimed that it took less than a week to get up to "full capacity" with the change to WFH. I questioned that, and explained even though people have the capability to work from home, doesnt mean they can be even close to as productive as normal. I cant work from home for more than 30 minutes before my kids start crawling all over me and causing issues. Why would someone lie about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    But for the last 6 months people here been claiming that covid won't affect SL development cause WFH or something.
    See above - remember the guy claiming it took less than 1 week and everything was now business as usual? Surprise surprise that individual has gone very quiet on the topic....

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?
    They also said the expansion was going to come out in October. That didn't happen.

What they say doesn't matter if the plans change.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    They also said the expansion was going to come out in October. That didn't happen.

What they say doesn't matter if the plans change.
    Yeah i find it extremely confusing that someone would take one thing Blizzard says as gospel, and entirely dismiss the fact they also said it would come out in October. People are free to believe as they choose, i just find it very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yeah, if they DID release in 2020(which I currently doubt) I think it would be on or around those dates. If not those dates, my doubt for a 2020 release is much, much higher.
    Agreed, the more info forthcoming from them and sooner, the greater the chances for a 2020 release. But i'm with you there.

hope it will be in december, i want to play assassi creed valhallah and cyberpunk xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    We all know that WFH is less* productive than working in the office. There isn't any question in regards to that, and especially not after they came out and said so.

But the people here are also beyond delusional sometimes. A lot of folks have a love/hate relationship with how they feel about Blizzard. As someone who played since the first week of Alpha, it 100% was nowhere near ready for launch in Oct. While I think 2020 is still possible, I also wouldn't be sad if it was pushed into 2021, and they gave us a real expansion worthy of the Blizzard name.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i find it extremely confusing that someone would take one thing Blizzard says as gospel, and entirely dismiss the fact they also said it would come out in October. People are free to believe as they choose, i just find it very strange.
    Blizzard came out and stated when they delayed that WFH was an issue. It wasn't the ONLY issue, but it was an issue period. almost every company has suffered some productivity loss in regards to WFH.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    because then the people that need to fix anything that is broken or needs tweeking, has to work during the holidays.
    Since it requires staff to work through the holidays........And Blizzard have gone on record for other similar situations saying they do not want to force A) High end players to skip family events to play wow aiming for that world first, and B) Force their staff to work through the holidays.
    What companies do you guys work for that gets an entire month off of work for the holidays? Having 2 days off for Christmas is not "there will be no staff at any point during the holidays."

Obviously the game isn't going to be released on christmas, but any other point in December is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    It's not and the people that say this are retarded.

You can obviously not release a game on the 24th/25th as almost no one in the west will be working during this time. But a couple of weeks before this is entirely possible.
    Agreed.