Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    Could you tell me how paying for an actual service is considered a scam ?
    Or how something that's reliably happened every 6 months is somehow relevant to SL release date.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Its going to release the 7th or 14th of Dec regardless if its fixed or not and Raids will arrive Jan 4th. That gives the usual 2-3 weeks to prepare and misses both holidays..

Pretty much what I was saying before the b.s Oct 26th date they came up with..
    If you truly think raids aren't coming out until next year, then it isn't coming January 4th when Blizzard is on vacation. They typically come back middle of month, then take a week to get back into the swing of things. So, in essence, what you're looking at, is a January 19th raid release instead. A month and a half of no M+, raid, or PvP season? Even through the holidays, that's a rough way to start off your xpac.

It might seem early, but I'm still thinking they push a November 17 with December 1st raid release date.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or how something that's reliably happened every 6 months is somehow relevant to SL release date.
    You think the last one was 6 months ago? It was a little over 3. Please stop with this dishonest and entirely incorrect narrative of "they do it exactly every 6 months"

No chance, lol

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But, as I said, WHY is it better evidence? They have been proven wrong once before, and proved the "its going to be delayed" crowd RIGHT. Its 1-0 to those expecting delays vs Blizzards word.
    Sure, if you ignore all events where they haven't been proven wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

You think the last one was 6 months ago? It was a little over 3. Please stop with this dishonest and entirely incorrect narrative of "they do it exactly every 6 months"
    Stop trying to put words in other people's mouths first. Didn't say anything about "exact".

The latest I expect that they can delay it is about late Januari, any later than that will be catastrophic for the game as people will just lose interest. My personal guess is 8th December, shortly after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. I also wonder how the schedule for Classic will look like if they have to delay things aswell, they already have Naxx on the PTR with several wings but there has yet to be an official release date for Naxx to come out. Hopefully its not to close to SL release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I personally would rather wait for a polished product, even if that means spring, but I highly doubt it will be the case. A prepatch that is almost half a year long would be bizarre. If they felt it would be that long, they probably would have postponed the prepatch as well.

I think it'll be either in the first two weeks of December or else pushed off January. It's all speculation, though.

For users it's not a bad idea but it's still very unlikely because many Blizzard employees will not be working the last week or two of the year due to the holidays. Releasing a patch when there's minimal support (either customer support, dev, QA, sever team, etc) available to jump on critical issues is generally a bad idea. Same reason why a release thanksgiving week is very unlikely to happen either. IIRC Blizzard has even explicitly said in the past that they don't want to release things during holidays, although I dont remember if the context was expansion, major patch, or raid.
    We waited for a polished product for a remaster of Warcraft 3.

We got a product that is still a buggy mess and has features that are still not in the game because they lied.

I just don't have faith in the old Blizzard polish anymore I'm afraid.

Stop trying to put words in other people's mouths first. Didn't say anything about "exact".
    this is what you said:
    reliably happened every 6 months
    Are you now going to claim that you meant every 3 months? or just stick to the "reliably happened EVERY 6 MONTHS"

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Release it when it's ready. Not before.
    but when the WHAT is ready? a simple expansion, like bfa, without news, which brings as a novelty the OLD abilities of each class that were pruned in the past .... THE ONE THAT has to be ready? I understand, what has to be ready? Which? It is shameful how long it takes to get an expansion so simple and without news.Another 2 years doing the "new bfa" AGAIN.GG BLI$$ARD.

I am losing hope that they will release an interesting expansion, with a good hero class, and that it does not seem like the truth for small children ...
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-10-22 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    I get the feeling we will hear something on the old release date.
    If we don't then it will become more likely #SL2021. I remember some wow experts being interviewed and saying the game doesn't look as far along as what BfA did.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, if you ignore all events where they haven't been proven wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

So when you say every 6 months when it's only been 3 months you are implying exactly 6 months. Not 5 months. Not 18 months. 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    I am losing hope that they will release an interesting expansion, with a good hero class, and that it does not seem like the truth for small children ...
    You think they are releasing a hero class? Sorry but what on earth are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    With the recent new 6 month promo scam wouldn't be surprised if it is spring.
    Giving people options to get free in game goods is now a scam?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If we don't then it will become more likely #SL2021. I remember some wow experts being interviewed and saying the game doesn't look as far along as what BfA did.
    "wow experts" fucking maximum ROFL x 1million

"wow experts". That's going in my fucking sig man.

By "wow experts" you mean, "moronic youtubers", huh?
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

So when you say every 6 months when it's only been 3 months you are implying exactly 6 months. Not 5 months. Not 18 months. 6.
    Thats my point i guess, if it was a week or 2 out from every 6 months, sweet as, no issue at all. But it was a little over 3 months, not even CLOSE to 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    "wow experts" fucking maximum ROFL x 1million

"wow experts". That's going in my fucking sig man.

By "wow experts" you mean, "moronic youtubers", huh?
    Based on your signature, you obviously have a vendetta of some kind against youtubers, however yes, a youtuber who focuses mostly or entirely on wow, and plays at a high level, for a living, would be by all known definitions an "expert" on the subject. You can hate it all you want, but that doesnt make it any less true.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    It is likely going to be released before or just after Blizzconline next year.

So I am saying the latest realistic release would be 2/23/2021.

They usually give about 3 weeks of pre-expansion event activity ... so we are looking at at least 3 weeks away, if they start the event next week. November isn't out of question, but it is unlike to drop the new expansion before Thanksgiving. December or January release is most likely.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is likely going to be released before or just after Blizzconline next year.

So I am saying the latest realistic release would be 2/23/2021.

They usually give about 3 weeks of pre-expansion event activity ... so we are looking at at least 3 weeks away, if they start the event next week. November isn't out of question, but it is unlike to drop the new expansion before Thanksgiving. December or January release is most likely.
    I fully expect them to announce a new release date BEFORE starting the pre-expansion events. So i would expect to hear the date before anything about the events, but hey, i could be wrong, it just makes sense to me.

But, as I said, WHY is it better evidence? They have been proven wrong once before, and proved the "its going to be delayed" crowd RIGHT. Its 1-0 to those expecting delays vs Blizzards word.
    It's better because the guys at Blizzard has internal data, and OP has absolutely fuck all. Could it be delayed until spring? Sure, that could definetely happen, but, I will take the word of those who has internal knowledge any day over a guy who has absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    We waited for a polished product for a remaster of Warcraft 3.

We got a product that is still a buggy mess and has features that are still not in the game because they lied.

I just don't have faith in the old Blizzard polish anymore I'm afraid.
    To be clear, I wasn't saying we'd get a polished product, just that I wouldn't care about a wait if we did.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I fully expect them to announce a new release date BEFORE starting the pre-expansion events. So i would expect to hear the date before anything about the events, but hey, i could be wrong, it just makes sense to me.
    There are three possibilities:
    1) Announce the pre-expansion event starting.
    2) Announce the expansion date.
    3) Do nothing.

1 and 2 are more likely, but I have learned to never underestimated the power of stupid decisions being made.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    It's better because the guys at Blizzard has internal data
    Those guys at Blizzard had internal data when they publicly announced a release date of October 27th 2020 as well though......thats all im saying.