Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Where did I say anyone was a liar. That's the conclusion that you have made. My conclusion is that they were wrong and being wrong lowers your credibility.
    Thats a pretty small thing to consider a company less credible since there's probably a dozen studios that delay releases. I never said you thought Blizzard were liars but...what else is someone supposed to think.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-10-22 at 11:44 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It’s December 8th - 99% if it’s 2020.

Otherwise it’s probably mid January. They even said it’s done other than ability tuning.

They aren’t gonna delay it til March for ability tuning....

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Why cant they though? I know they can. They have Working ShadowLand Builds, there is no Reason why they could not apply those to the Live Servers. There is nothing preventing them. Except that they want Polish it, and fix some more Issues. They could however release it with these Issues, if they want.
    Because it won't be released when they wanted to. It's not a fair analogy.

It's not polish or fixing some issues that is the problem. It's fucking wrekt. To go from an August announcement of Oct to a Sep announcement of "we don't actually know" is because they've realised that there are major issues. Blizzard cannot even acuratly predict when it will be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It’s December 8th - 99% if it’s 2020.

Otherwise it’s probably mid January. They even said it’s done other than ability tuning.

They aren’t gonna delay it til March for ability tuning....
    But it isn't just ability tuning. Just in the last day or so they made design changes to Soulbinds, they're still adjusting legendaries, and the leveling EXP is still wonky last I heard (and testing of it isn't working either, some characters are just getting boosted to 60 when they try to start the quest line).

Not that I think March is a likely candidate for release, but January is looking more and more realistic. Especially for logistical reasons outside of whether or not the expansion is functional.

If they don't know today when it will be ready with enough certanty to announce a date then i feel like it most likely wont come 2020.

Because realisticly, if they were aiming for a early december release, surely by now, the 23rd of october they should be pretty fucking sure if they will be able to meet it or not.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    Considering cataclysm came out december. Your arguement is kinda invalid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    Great! First wild rift now Shadowlands....

Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    This is not a good sign folks. I agree that you don’t release it until it’s done but this means it’s gotta be horrible for them to actually delay it this long. This is like project titan or Starcraft ghost except this time they have to release it and can’t scrap it. This could be the proverbial nail on the coffin for WoW
    This is without a doubt the most ridiculous claim in this post.

10+ Year Old Account

"I have literally no evidence of what I'm about to say but imma say it anyway."
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Because it won't be released when they wanted to. It's not a fair analogy.
    If you "Want" an IceCream, and then Decide to not get an Icecream, does that mean you are unable to get IceCream?

Because, I can do alot of things, I dont want to do, but still can. I can also change my mind on things.

It's not polish or fixing some issues that is the problem. It's fucking wrekt. To go from an August announcement of Oct to a Sep announcement of "we don't actually know" is because they've realised that there are major issues.
    "Its Fucking Wrekt", is an Opinion, not a fact.

And if they need to delay the Expansion for 1-8 Weeks, its wise to say that they are not sure. "Later this year, we are not sure when exactly", doesnt mean "We have no idea how long it will take".

Still, the thing is: They HAVE a working Build, you can play it on the Beta. There is nothing preventing Blizzard from saying: "Okey, time for Release", it might not be the Product you want, and they might not fix the Issues you think are oh so wrecking. But it would be released.

Blizzard cannot even acuratly predict when it will be released.
    Show me one Studio that never delayed a Software.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    But it isn't just ability tuning. Just in the last day or so they made design changes to Soulbinds, they're still adjusting legendaries, and the leveling EXP is still wonky last I heard (and testing of it isn't working either, some characters are just getting boosted to 60 when they try to start the quest line).
    And what exactly from that list is not Tuning?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "I have literally no evidence of what I'm about to say but imma say it anyway."
    I can also spout stuff without any kind of Evidence.

I´d say release of Shadowlands is every week 5 weeks from that point on, unless they post a new date. *laugh*

Jokes aside, I would say they probably aim at some point in the later half of November, and if they dont get it done early December I would wager they skipp Christmas and put it early January.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats a pretty small thing to consider a company less credible since there's probably a dozen studios that delay releases. I never said you thought Blizzard were liars but...what else is someone supposed to think.
    You do not have to literally say "you think blizzard is a liar" to say "you think blizzard is a liar". Using the context of your reply and the actual reply "It means minds are changed not that they are liars." you said I called them a liar. I specifically said blizzard was less credible and your argument proves my point. Game companies are not credible when setting release dates and Blizzard loss credibility when it announced it would miss the Oct release window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Cba to make a new thread (or search, so if posted already my apologies) - so hijacking this one:

Now, it's probably speculation, but still worth noting that tech radar posted about new games getting Ray tracing including WoW Shadowlands that is...
    World of Warcraft: Shadowlands was also announced as getting ray-traced shadows when it (hopefully) comes out in November
    Just food for thought.

Sauce: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/nv...ft-shadowlands
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-10-23 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cute PR statement. WoD and BfA begs to differ.
    I'd wager that is why we are having this delay now, so there isn't a repeat of WoD/BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do not have to literally say "you think blizzard is a liar" to say "you think blizzard is a liar". Using the context of your reply and the actual reply "It means minds are changed not that they are liars." you said I called them a liar. I specifically said blizzard was less credible and your argument proves my point. Game companies are not credible when setting release dates and Blizzard loss credibility when it announced it would miss the Oct release window.
    Yeah because you and others seem to think there's been some big wrong by not going by what they said "Release October 27th." Like its somehow a bad thing. Blizzard's credibility did not go down just cause they delayed a game, the response has been the opposite despite some small people whining about wasted taking time off. Delays have been common all year. This credibility arguments is stupid.

Just food for thought.
    The option is already there in Pre Patch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Release it when it's ready. Not before.
    This
    Let's head back to "It's finished, when it's finished"

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Who knows, I can see them flippin the switch for Jan 4th for Normal and Heroic and then Mythics would drop on the 11th so it could work. Its possible that could slide everything down a week, but then were looking and another Emerald Nightmare scenario where its beat very quickly because of the extra time allowed..

Lets not forget ur 17th date falls in their thanksgiving break so its not a likely date either to launch a game thats more then likely going to be a broken mess while also putting players into an awkward situation as well..
    It's not a matter of turning on a switch. Blizz needs to be back at work to deal with raid release problems/tuning/etc.

Week of 17th isn't thanksgiving. The week after is. Outside of Week 1 tech stuff, week 2 doesn't need much since most tech stuff is handled during prepatch. BfA's didn't. Legion's didn't. It's just a waiting game until season start then. Season start is filled with a ton of shit since a lot of the end-game stuff is put out then. Mostly balancing and new discoveries. It matters that the devs are there to hotfix for the first few weeks. Not to mention, devs are taking 4 days off there, not whole weeks like in half of January
    Last edited by Nize; 2020-10-23 at 12:34 AM.

November 23rd/24th is the new release date currently

Quote Originally Posted by Sicard View Post
    November 23rd/24th is the new release date currently
    No it isn't, There is no new official release date.

OT: They can delay it however long they need to, rather not play a broken mess. With that said for me its safe to say I won't be playing it this year. October was the one month this year I won't be swapped with games and now that SL is delayed I have no clue when ill get around to it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The option is already there in Pre Patch.
    It is, you're right, but that's not the point of my post.

E: To clarify, I don't see why they would use a random speculated date instead of saying its already in, or say something like "by the end of the year" as neither prepatch nor SL were originally scheduled for November... It's just odd. Makes me think they possibly have a new possible release date.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-10-23 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Was hoping for some actual evidence of this, not just doomsayer speculation.

Both November and December still work as dates.

We have the pre-patch now, we don't need a firm release date given a month ahead of time. A week or two is more than enough.

As for December, Cataclysm was released on Dec 7th, so there is precedent for December releases. Likewise, WotLK and WoD were both released in November, having content that lasted through Thanksgiving into the Christmas season, so again, not out of the realm of possibility.

I could have accepted an argument without facts for January, but not "Oh it's going to be late spring, just because I say so."
    A week or two isn't currently enough seeing as we dont even have an announcement for when the prepatch event will start. I would say 4-6 weeks is pretty minimum at this point. Once we have the prepatch event released, then 2-4 weeks seems likely. November seems extremely unlikely but anything is possible. December is definitely possible but I find that January is much more likely.

My "evidence" would consist of them releasing that last update as "Shadowlands Update -- October" or something of the sort, which immediately made me believe we will see a "Shadowlands Update -- November" and possibly one for December as well. I think Dec 8th is the earliest with Jan 5th being my current bet.