Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not really.

They can move it once and people will be a bit forgiving. But the more they move it, the angrier the player base gets. When they give us the next date, that'll be the date. It'd be really bad PR to move it yet again.
    Yeah but it would be even worse to delay it once and still release it unfinished.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    With the recent new 6 month promo scam wouldn't be surprised if it is spring.
    how is it a scam, I wonder? Or you're just repeating the same buzzwords you saw on reddit?
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

I actually wouldn't mind. Still yet to play 8.3 content and can't quite be arsed to for the moment.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Meh wow's been dead since patch 1.12

IMO

Sarcasm
    There it is boiz! Pack it up, let's go home!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    There is some evidence to support this claim, but obviously people just ignore / dismiss it. Like someone said on the previous page, the calender had the first SL event listed for feb 2021. Its evidence, but not conclusive.
    Interesting, but with a delay of 4 months, it is more likely that corruption would have been readded or not disabled. Or what is the plan here? Enabling legion and bfa m+/ raid simultaneously to fill the content gap?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Sorry dude - but you need to be rational on this.

Firstly the fact that I can be called a blizzard hater and a blizzard lover on the same day pretty much sums up that those terms are just irrational reflections of some internal struggle you have.

The KEY point here is that NOTHING major is broken... literally NOTHING.

What is broken is a little bit of balance in some of the systems.
    That is a very general SW development view of it. The problem is that in games that doesn't really matter. Minor bugs can be devastating and "little bit of balance" can mean the entire game is garbage. Hasn't stopped Blizzard before from releasing shit, but obviously they know better what's actually broken than anyone.

I wouldnt mind if they decided to release in 2021, would give me time to level alts, or unsub and do other stuff.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    I got the Tmog and my 6 month sub expires next week. so what scam are u talking about?
    the person I quoted said it was a scam. I disagreed with them

Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    This is not a good sign folks. I agree that you don’t release it until it’s done but this means it’s gotta be horrible for them to actually delay it this long. This is like project titan or Starcraft ghost except this time they have to release it and can’t scrap it. This could be the proverbial nail on the coffin for WoW
    Come to think of it, someone always says WoW "dies" every expansion.

Then the next one comes out and sells 10 Million copies.

Not bad for a dead ass game IMHO.

I hope that the game is ready to launch mid december but then blizzard just delays it a bit. That way all staff can just take 2 weeks off after the crunchtime they surely must be having right now.

And then start the new year with a new expo and a staff thats refreshed and ready to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?
    You DO realize that large companies prefer the approach of "lie now, apologize later" to "tell the truth"

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they said later this year.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I don't know why people get upset when they hear the term wow expert. It doesn't matter where they make their money, they are respected by industry insiders and often have an insight your average mmochampion has no idea about. They made the statement and it has turned out to be true. Their reputation has been enhanced despite "joe bloggs" getting upset about it.
    I don't know why you think "laughing a lot" is "upset" mate lol.

I laugh because the idea that someone is a "wow expert" is a fucking joke. Who are you talking about, exactly? Name 'em. Chances are, they know less about the game than a bunch of people on the forum, maybe even including me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Come to think of it, someone always says WoW "dies" every expansion.

Then the next one comes out and sells 10 Million copies.

Not bad for a dead ass game IMHO.
    Quite. WoW has been called a "dead game" back into late Vanilla. Even when the population was skyrocketing it was a "dead game" according to some people, or about to become one.

They're basically end-of-the-world prophets. They predict disaster, it doesn't happen, so they just move the date. Oh, this didn't kill WoW, but next expansion will, or thier raid tier I don't like will. Oh that didn't kill WoW, but the next expansion now definitely will! And so on, forever.

I guess they're hoping that if they stick around long enough, it'll be true, but at this point, we're probably looking at multiple expansions before an expansion even sells badly. And even then, the chances of WoW being shut down are minimal, given things like EQ are still running. I'd expect to be able to play some kind of WoW and Classic in, say, 15 years, now. It might have ceased releasing expansions at that point (even that is only a "might"), and just have a small team doing content updates, keeping the holidays and events running, and adding small new events and so on, but it'll likely still be running (barring apocalypse or some incredibly tectonic shift in gaming which somehow hits all age groups).
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

scourge invasion is what? 3 weeks?
    PvP season is over, M+ season is over, They announced the warnings they need for mounts etc.

I see no reason they couldnt just spit out that on Monday the invasion begins on tuesday. and we all know that if thats going out (invasion not monday specifically), we will see release soon after.

They have NO reason to give a massive headsup anymore given that everthings been said and warned about removal etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I'd assume a late November or very early December launch. That way the devs can iron out any kinks before the vacation during the latter half of December for the holidays. If not then, well, probably early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    So you're suggesting that people are honestly paying for 6 months JUST to play in pre-patch, and that not a single person who purchased the 6 month sub did so under the (rightful) impression that Blizzard gave, telling them the expansion would be released and playable within that 6 month period?

And you see absolutely no issue with that whatsoever?
    If you buy an 6 Month sub, on a game you dont want to play now, or (most likely) the next Month, i question you ability to handle money. I suggest there are enough people who have their Subscription running, and play the game because they enjoy it. And those people are beeing rewarded with a Bonus.

People who only play for 1 Month/Content patch, rush through the Content and then cancel their Subscription, are not the target audience.

Just because Blizzard is smart enough to retroactively give it to people who purchased the 6 month sub package BEFORE their announcement so as to avoid that backlash of people who just ordered one and now missed the promo, doesn't mean they didn't introduce the promo as an easy way to keep subs going during a downtime.
    Afaik all 6 Month Sub Promotions went to those who were subbed anyway. And yes, Promotions are to help sales/keep money flowing through downtimes. Thats nothing new, and everyone does it. Doesnt make it a Scam.

If they then EXTENDED that downtime beyond the scope of that package, yes, I'd be rightfully pissed. I'm not paying for downtime between expansions.
    But thats a "You" Problem, if you pay for a Service you dont intend to use. Is it not? If you want the Transmog/Mount, and not have a Subscription, you can buy it for 20$. Thats cheaper than buying a 6 Month subscription for a game you dont play.

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    What i don't understand, if the problems are so minor why the delay?! couldn't they fix it using hotfixes or quickpatches? clearly there's something more going on behind the curtain that we don't get to see. The "balance" can be fixed behind the scenes, so why the delay?! if it was that simple then they would of just released the xpac but delayed Mythic+/ Raiding / Pvp a little longer.
    I would wager because of the constant whining, bitching and complaining. If one class does in certain situations 20% more Damage/Performance than others.
    Take a Look at changes in the Beta Builds. There is next to no talk about Bugs beeing Fixed, or Technical things changed. Just Tuning/Changing of abilities.

Sure, we cannot be sure that there is no major blocker that we are not told. But from the Observable stuff, there is little reason to believe that.
    I played the Beta, and with the Exception of half a level missing to max level after the StoryQuest, I ran into no trouble whatsoever. And that was I think over two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    That is a very general SW development view of it. The problem is that in games that doesn't really matter. Minor bugs can be devastating and "little bit of balance" can mean the entire game is garbage. Hasn't stopped Blizzard before from releasing shit, but obviously they know better what's actually broken than anyone.
    Yea, but the flipside is, while you cant reliably put a "Timeframe" on those Bugs, and Balance Issues. They could be fixed tomorrow in the best case scenario.

I think that is what Schwarzkopf was getting at. Nothing is so broken that they need to reinvent the wheel to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    You DO realize that large companies prefer the approach of "lie now, apologize later" to "tell the truth"
    That is because the public (in that case) for some reason desperately needs a "Release Date". And generally take everything a company says as "Promise".
    "We Might add Unicorns" translates to: "We will definetly add Unicorns, as soon as Possible" for the general Public.

"When its done" doesnt cut it anymore. I mean (while probably opening Pandoras Box) look at StarCitizen, they didnt give release dates, people complained about no dates. They said they want to get it done by Month X, people complain when its not done there. They then add a reasonable buffer, "Why is it taking so long?"

If it's not this year they become liable as their previous announcements as well as website for box sales state no later than dec 2020. And I will honestly just give up and uninstall, cancel my pre order if it's not out this year. 15 years of getting assfucked is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    december unlikely due to the holidays.
    Cata was released early December. It's definitely possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    With the recent new 6 month promo scam wouldn't be surprised if it is spring.
    I've always had the 6 month sub.. ever since like 2010.. please explain how it's a scamm.

Blizzard seems to have a good amount of unpayed lawyers on this website that jumps to the rescue everytime someone makes a thread that looks to give the company a little bit of critique. How about not worshipping a company and instead try and deal with reality that it is just a company that can make mistakes? Its not the end of the world if someone is critical about them, come on.