Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    If it's not this year they become liable as their previous announcements as well as website for box sales state no later than dec 2020. And I will honestly just give up and uninstall, cancel my pre order if it's not out this year. 15 years of getting assfucked is enough.
    I probably won't refund and will still play but i agree that it shouldn't go over into 2021. I am glad for the delay but i also really want to play the game, like today. I will be pretty upset if they don't push it out in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No - they are all medium NON core issues (just changing data around).

I'm more concerned about missing cinematics, than a few lines of data that need editing.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry dude - but you need to be rational on this.

Firstly the fact that I can be called a blizzard hater and a blizzard lover on the same day pretty much sums up that those terms are just irrational reflections of some internal struggle you have.

The KEY point here is that NOTHING major is broken... literally NOTHING.

What is broken is a little bit of balance in some of the systems.
    Except there's several quests that just randomly break with around a 40% chance of it happening(this is still happening as of the latest patch this week and I've reported these quests several times). It takes several drops and repick ups for it to function properly. If several mainline progression hindering bugs aren't "major" then we've got nothing else to talk about.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    "When its done" doesnt cut it anymore. I mean (while probably opening Pandoras Box) look at StarCitizen, they didnt give release dates, people complained about no dates. They said they want to get it done by Month X, people complain when its not done there. They then add a reasonable buffer, "Why is it taking so long?"
    There's a difference between "we can't make the announced release date, we'll let you know the new date in a month or two" and complete radio silence about release for the better part of a decade, especially since the scope of Star Citizen kept getting bigger, pushing release ever further away.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Warcraft 3 refunded is anything to go by they'll release it on the last day they're allowed to without breaking consumer protection laws. They stated a 2020 release, I think they have at most one month leniency so the latest would be somewhere in january.

One should hope it'll be in a better state than Wc3:R.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Pretty sure they said later this year.
    True that but probably they will change it or gonna push unfinished exp and cut it for more major patches. I dont care much about retail wow atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind waiting until september 2021...3 years long expansions sounds more like the next logical step, until they stop doing new expansions for wow

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm not taking anyone's word if they don't work for Blizzard.

Sick of seeing someone with no facts, no evidence, no anything, come into these forums and make claims on release dates without anything to back it up with.
    Its called a public discussion. Are you new here on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    They'd miss the entire re-lockdowning of Europe at this rate, i figure they might try december for a change just for that. After all lockdowns and videogames go together like chemotherapy and hair loss.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could release it a week from now and announce it today if they wanted to.

We don't need to hear months in advance.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Boy View Post
    it will release between Naxx and BC. So when is naxx/classic supposed to be completed? 2020 might be out the window.
    These are irrelevant to the expansion release. The expansion is higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    They could release it a week from now and announce it today if they wanted to.

We don't need to hear months in advance.
    Technically they could but they are fully aware that their player base likes to take time off work to play expansions. They're not going to deny people the opportunity to book that time off.

And in reply to the OP..

Cataclysm. Release Date: December 7, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I'd assume a late November or very early December launch. That way the devs can iron out any kinks before the vacation during the latter half of December for the holidays. If not then, well, probably early next year.
    Together with the launch of Cyberpunk 2077? Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Banned or Not this is a fact. That 6 month sub is a desperation play, it tells you- weather or not you choose to believe it- that blizz are up shit creek with this
    You are aware they have been doing the 6 month sub offer every 6 months since then end of Legion right? It is not a desperation play. It has been the mode of operation now for over 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Together with the launch of Cyberpunk 2077? Absolutely not.
    Why? Blizzard can release their game when ever they want. Nowhere doies it state that onyl CyberPunk is the only one who can release then. A December launch is very plausible and highly likely.

My guess is December as well. And the tier unlock at the start of January after the end of the festivities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    when Blizzard is on vacation.
    while i agree with most of what you said, lets not forget they are now working from home. yes, they are entitled to get some days off, but with the current pandemic, i highly doubt they can go places

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    There's a difference between "we can't make the announced release date, we'll let you know the new date in a month or two" and complete radio silence about release for the better part of a decade, especially since the scope of Star Citizen kept getting bigger, pushing release ever further away.
    Sure, some people can deal with with the difference, but for the vocal Majority thats not the case.
    Especially, in StarCitizen for example was never "Radio Silence", there is a constant flow of Information of whats beeing done, and how they want to move forward. Its just that the Vocal Majority doesnt see that, or doesnt care enough to see the bigger Picture.

I can understand that developers, facing such a large (and Vocal) community like this, only say the absolute neccessary. As each and every word and action is going to be ripped to shreds, without any rational thought about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Sure, some people can deal with with the difference, but for the vocal Majority thats not the case.
    Especially, in StarCitizen for example was never "Radio Silence", there is a constant flow of Information of whats beeing done, and how they want to move forward. Its just that the Vocal Majority doesnt see that, or doesnt care enough to see the bigger Picture.
    Ofc they're gonna blabber off about it, they want people to donate more money. And that song is never gonna stop.

OT: I thought everyone was happy that they're delaying it, what happened with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Why? Blizzard can release their game when ever they want. Nowhere doies it state that onyl CyberPunk is the only one who can release then. A December launch is very plausible and highly likely.
    And stupid. Considering how much Blizzard likes their money these days I wouldnt count on it.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Correct. Even if it's not ready they won't release it 2021 if only to avoid the bad PR that would carry delaying things twice. There was enough uproar the first time and they even had to proactively offer refunds.

I'm sure before they announced the delay, several marketing and risk management people (if thats a thing) went carefully over the wording. If they said theyre still on track for 2020, I'll trust them if only because another delay would be an even bigger mess they certainly don't want to be in.
    They would rather face some bad PR for another Delay then release another expansion riddled with problems and poor quality and have it received like BFA was. They simply can not afford another BFA. They have to release SL when the quality is Better. not before to meet a deadline . Investors will have Blizzard execs heads if they do this .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The more Shadowlands is delayed the better for me, I've been enjoying many other great games in the meantime and like my break away from WoW. I don't honestly understand the people that would only want to play one single game throughout the year, but ohwell.

I wouldn't be unhappy if they made us wait until next year. From my understanding they need to release it in 2020.

Maybe since they are offering refunds. That might potentially make the original release date irrelevant? I'm not entirely sure..