Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orsraunia View Post
    or they just realized that the game would be broken enough on Oct 27 to be unreleasable even by nowadays Blizzard's standards.

If they had released an expansion riddled with bugs and huge imbalances, they'd quickly lose subs for other games and enough of those people wouldn't return, even when the game would had been in a much better state. This has happened with enough major MMO releases (Age of Conan, Warhammer, more). And some of those people would ask for refund, since a release in a semi-broken state offers good grounds for asking for a refund.

So, imho they haven't gone back to being "old blizzard", instead they just went with the only reasonable option. I don't think there was ever a dilemma between launching an ok expansion and a polished expansion. They just had a mostly non-working expansion and they had to fix major bugs and imbalances, so they delayed. Still, that doesn't mean that we won't get some extra polish due to the delay, but I don't think that this was the major reason for the delay.
    Outside of a very few edgecases of people who can only play like 1 month a year, the people who preorder, then refund, are going to buy it again. Its just a typical consumer thing.

I'm hyped, i'm angry, i'm hyped...

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Outside of a very few edgecases of people who can only play like 1 month a year, the people who preorder, then refund, are going to buy it again. Its just a typical consumer thing.

I'm hyped, i'm angry, i'm hyped...
    Sure, "hooked" players. But not all like this. Enough new players or just players not being "hooked" could buy the game on release, give it a go, get annoyed by major bugs and just refund after a few days, or just quit, move on and never give it another go.

So, I am not talking about those people, people who are "hooked". Most games, WoW too, have player retention problems. Releasing SL riddled with major bugs and imbalances would definitely magnify this problem. Sure, "hooked" players would play no matter what, but not all players are "hooked". Additionally, even "hooked" players wouldn't remain "hooked" for as long, if the game was frustrating.

I don't know when you started playing, maybe WoW is rather fresh and new to you and you are "hooked", like I was during vanilla, TBC and WotLK, and you are judging from personal experience. Back then, I'd keep playing no matter what, but it stopped working like this after WotLK. I have played every expansion, even after WotLK, but ranging from a couple months to 6-7 months, depending on how much fun I was having.

Back then, when I was hooked, I didn't mind class changes, bugs, etc. I was rarely complaining, even when I had to be farming for hours every day to support a 6d/week hardcore raiding schedule, but those times belong to the past. Nowadays, stuff like AP farm, Titanforging, nerfing to the ground a spec that I enjoy because it's fun, early legion legendary lottery, sum up to me losing interest rather fast and moving to some other game, like Path of Exile, and not coming back till the next expansion.

You see, I am the kind of player who can't (doesn't enjoy) play MMOs on the side. I either play, fully committing, or not playing at all. So, when the game becomes frustrating or boring enough, I'll just move on. I don't think I am an exception.
    Last edited by orsraunia; 2020-10-27 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully we will hear something soon as bfa is getting dull af

If it isn't obvious it will be 2021 release by now, i dont know what is.
    Feel free to revisit this comment in december

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cute PR statement. WoD and BfA begs to differ.
    Neither of those were delayed. They had obvious issues in beta and they pushed it out to release anyway. The last time they actually delayed a release was Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I mean, I don't think anyone's gonna need to revisit this comment. Sometimes you can just tell straight away when something isn't going to age well.

Then the next question is what's going to happen in the space between now to release?

What are they going to fill in the 3 to 4 months with? 3 months of zombies? That thing is going to grow old very quickly.

I'd still say they're going to try for a December release, open the normal Castle raid on the first week of January (week of 5th) after the holidays and then Mythic race on the 2nd week of January (week of 12th).

Sure, "hooked" players. But not all like this. Enough new players or just players not being "hooked" could buy the game on release, give it a go, get annoyed by major bugs and just refund after a few days, or just quit, move on and never give it another go.

So, I am not talking about those people, people who are "hooked". Most games, WoW too, have player retention problems. Releasing SL riddled with major bugs and imbalances would definitely magnify this problem. Sure, "hooked" players would play no matter what, but not all players are "hooked". Additionally, even "hooked" players wouldn't remain "hooked" for as long, if the game was frustrating.

I don't know when you started playing, maybe WoW is rather fresh and new to you and you are "hooked", like I was during vanilla, TBC and WotLK, and you are judging from personal experience. Back then, I'd keep playing no matter what, but it stopped working like this after WotLK. I have played every expansion, even after WotLK, but ranging from a couple months to 6-7 months, depending on how much fun I was having.

Back then, when I was hooked, I didn't mind class changes, bugs, etc. I was rarely complaining, even when I had to be farming for hours every day to support a 6d/week hardcore raiding schedule, but those times belong to the past. Nowadays, stuff like AP farm, Titanforging, nerfing to the ground a spec that I enjoy because it's fun, early legion legendary lottery, sum up to me losing interest rather fast and moving to some other game, like Path of Exile, and not coming back till the next expansion.

You see, I am the kind of player who can't (doesn't enjoy) play MMOs on the side. I either play, fully committing, or not playing at all. So, when the game becomes frustrating or boring enough, I'll just move on. I don't think I am an exception.
    Eh no thats not how it works mate.

You dont get a trial period and then just a free refund after shadowlands has been reeleased.

I skipped the rest. Looks like you are trying to equate me to a new player or something. Not really relevant

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Eh no thats not how it works mate.

You dont get a trial period and then just a free refund after shadowlands has been reeleased.

I skipped the rest. Looks like you are trying to equate me to a new player or something. Not really relevant
    With Wolcen, people that had more than 20h /played managed to refund. Semi broken state gives good grounds for refunds. But refund or no refund is not the point. The point is that releasing a semi-broken product is bad financially and that was my initial point.

Finally, I am not trying to equate you to anything, just saying that your comment about "I'm hyped, i'm angry, i'm hyped..." stands true only for a portion of the playerbase who are "hooked". Contrary to those people, there are people who will stop playing within 1-2 months, even a lot sooner, if the game is filled with major bugs and/or frustrating due to major imbalances. Anyway...
    Last edited by orsraunia; 2020-10-27 at 09:47 AM.

Pages and pages and pages and basically nobody got the thought that maybe getting hit by a global pandemic that disrupted the shit out of normal work for the last 7 months had anything to do with it.

It's insulting that they leave the game in the current state of prepatch and delay the expansion even further.

Prepatch is literally the worst state of the game - every prepatch, but we're meant to sit on it for 12-20 weeks? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I think December is a safe bet. 5+ months of a pre patch would be retarded.
    isent more than ½ year of no new content horrible to begin with?
    Its like they cant make 1 single boss raid or a dungeon in 6 and a couple quests in several months is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Pages and pages and pages and basically nobody got the thought that maybe getting hit by a global pandemic that disrupted the shit out of normal work for the last 7 months had anything to do with it.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the effect of the pandemic was quite known to them when they made the announcement for Oct 26 and later for till the end of 2020. So, I believe it's normal to assume that the delay has more to do with software related problems they run into down the road and less with the pandemic.

You're wrong, an embarrassment to the human race, and we will revisit your comment, quite possibly in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    isent more than ½ year of no new content horrible to begin with?
    Its like they cant make 1 single boss raid or a dungeon in 6 and a couple quests in several months is a joke.
    there is nothing new in wow, sc, diablo, ow...

yet a bunch of blizz devs just fled because they feel the company isnt giving them enough time to develop new stuff.

lolololoolo

With Wolcen, people that had more than 20h /played managed to refund. Semi broken state gives good grounds for refunds. But refund or no refund is not the point. The point is that releasing a semi-broken product is bad financially and that was my initial point.

Finally, I am not trying to equate you to anything, just saying that your comment about "I'm hyped, i'm angry, i'm hyped..." stands true only for a portion of the playerbase who are "hooked". Contrary to those people, there are people who will stop playing within 1-2 months, even a lot sooner, if the game is filled with major bugs and/or frustrating due to major imbalances. Anyway...
    Wolcen is a steam game. Steam has a very different refund policy. Especially with games that people cant play. Which isnt wow, and you know it

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    You're wrong, an embarrassment to the human race, and we will revisit your comment, quite possibly in November.
    You're delusional af if you even consider november.. Holy shit your comment is so ironic lol...

Wouldn't bother me too much if this turns out to be true.

CyberPunk 2077
    Assassins Creed
    Immortals Fenyx Rising
    Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
    FM 2021

I'll unsub when the above games come out until the expansion is released.
    In fact, I actually hope it gets delayed until Spring. More polish and gives me a chance to play the above without worrying about raid progression

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    there is nothing new in wow, sc, diablo, ow...

yet a bunch of blizz devs just fled because they feel the company isnt giving them enough time to develop new stuff.

lolololoolo
    Diablo 4? Overwatch 2? Shadowlands?
    What?

Diablo 4? Overwatch 2? Shadowlands?
    What?
    Why did you fail to mention Diablo Immortal? Don't you have a phone? :P