Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Meh wow's been dead since patch 1.12

IMO

Sarcasm
    What an idiotic thing to say LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Was hoping for some actual evidence of this, not just doomsayer speculation.

Both November and December still work as dates.

We have the pre-patch now, we don't need a firm release date given a month ahead of time. A week or two is more than enough.

As for December, Cataclysm was released on Dec 7th, so there is precedent for December releases. Likewise, WotLK and WoD were both released in November, having content that lasted through Thanksgiving into the Christmas season, so again, not out of the realm of possibility.

I could have accepted an argument without facts for January, but not "Oh it's going to be late spring, just because I say so."

my bet is we get an announcement on like a thursday that on tuesday the pre launch event starts and release will be just given on a couple weeks notice trust me they dont want to be in the pre event limbo for a long time, always remember it is the bean counters that run corporations nowadays and the bean counters dont like delays

Quote Originally Posted by Rolenn View Post
    What an idiotic thing to say LOL
    Read that quote again bud lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Exactly my feeling.
    I'm secretly pleased. Shadowlands won't be interfering with Destiny 2's New Light
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Steam refund is two hours played max. However, if the games a mess there have been special exceptions like wolcen.

But yeah, blizzard wont go down without a fight for a refund. Everytime ive tried to refund i had to go through like 3 tickets and a live chat.

- - - Updated - - -

How are they breaking the law?
    Not true.

Steam standard refund is 2 hours, no reason needed.

Steam refund you can do anytime you want if you just say the game doesnt work on your system for whatever reason. As long as you dont do this much ofc. Thats why people could refund it.

These arent the same rules as blizzard, especially because blizzard doesnt release games that arent optimized for the hardware they say its optimized for

Quote Originally Posted by Zonnis View Post
    Don't act like a cunt.

You mean like someone with warmth and depth?

Since most people understand how corporations work and quarterly expectations/projections work it will release before xmas for sure, very likely end of November.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    You mean like someone with warmth and depth?
    Ok that is hilarious haha.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Not true.

Steam standard refund is 2 hours, no reason needed.

Steam refund you can do anytime you want if you just say the game doesnt work on your system for whatever reason. As long as you dont do this much ofc. Thats why people could refund it.

These arent the same rules as blizzard, especially because blizzard doesnt release games that arent optimized for the hardware they say its optimized for
    Whats not true? The steam refund? You explained it exactly as i said except you added “anytime you want”.

And i agreed with the blizzard shit. Aint gonna repeat my experience with blizzard refunds.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by dadwald View Post
    lol breaking the law? What law?
    They took money from customers for a product supposed to be launched oct 27th 2020. The agreement allows for a later release date, but it must be in the year of 2020.

To be honest I have never understood WHY anyone would pre-order a digital download game? there is literally no benefit besides a pre order discount if available. It is far better for you to keep 75$ (or any amount) of your money in your bank account/investments, vs just letting somebody have it. As for the downsides of pre ordering, its now pretty clear, you paid for something you didnt get when agreed to.

Imagine you buy a car off somebody, you pay for it and say you'll show up on saturday to pick it up. then come saturday they are like 'lol oops sowwy come back in 2 months it will be rdy for you then' you would be fuckin pissed, this is hardly any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Since most people understand how corporations work and quarterly expectations/projections work it will release before xmas for sure, very likely end of November.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok that is hilarious haha.
    No way Nov. Looking more then likely to Be middle of Jan . If Dec, then it will be a complete shit show. Jan , it will be a more polished shit show

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    They took money from customers for a product supposed to be launched oct 27th 2020. The agreement allows for a later release date, but it must be in the year of 2020.

To be honest I have never understood WHY anyone would pre-order a digital download game? there is literally no benefit besides a pre order discount if available. It is far better for you to keep 75$ (or any amount) of your money in your bank account/investments, vs just letting somebody have it. As for the downsides of pre ordering, its now pretty clear, you paid for something you didnt get when agreed to.

Imagine you buy a car off somebody, you pay for it and say you'll show up on saturday to pick it up. then come saturday they are like 'lol oops sowwy come back in 2 months it will be rdy for you then' you would be fuckin pissed, this is hardly any different.
    LOL thats not breaking any laws.. Products, especially video games and movies are delayed all the time
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    No way Nov. Looking more then likely to Be middle of Jan . If Dec, then it will be a complete shit show. Jan , it will be a more polished shit show
    Investors have final say unfortunately, so expect it and of Nov.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Investors have no final say lol. Cyberpunk 2077 was just delayed until Dec 10, A SL JAn release i almost guaranteed nowhttp://https://twitter.com/Cyberpunk...176002/photo/1 No way in hell does Blizzard release SL near Cyberpunk 2077 My guess is Jan 19 2021
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2020-10-27 at 05:17 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    The fact they didn’t release it in October is evidence that it’s not going to be a WoD or BfA.
    Tbh I'd rather them just release an unfinished product. They can always work on it while we play it. The balance was good enough and with the squished levels its not a huge time loss to just reroll if you're the type of person that only plays "flavor of the month" specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Whats not true? The steam refund? You explained it exactly as i said except you added “anytime you want”.

And i agreed with the blizzard shit. Aint gonna repeat my experience with blizzard refunds.
    I honestly misread your post. Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post

- - - Updated - - -

LOL thats not breaking any laws.. Products, especially video games and movies are delayed all the time
    it is.

delaying past oct 27th is perfectly fine.

not releasing in 2020 they will have to offer refunds

its basic consumer protection laws.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...45088811126788

The maintenance is extended by an hour. Maybe the Scourge Event is coming today?
    Most of the time, problems like this arise when a new patch is applied. I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I honestly misread your post. Sorry about that
    All good. I probably sounded angry with my response. Sorry about that. I have a habit of being raw with my words.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Like they'll push SL back just because of Cyberpunk.. people who want to play wow will play wow and nothing will change that.

The general audience for both games isn't even the same, sure some might overlap but thats hardly a majority.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    Tbh I'd rather them just release an unfinished product. They can always work on it while we play it. The balance was good enough and with the squished levels its not a huge time loss to just reroll if you're the type of person that only plays "flavor of the month" specs.
    Balance is good enough? You know some specs are doing 50-60% more damage overall than other, right? You know in certain scenarios that number is closer to 200%? You can't honestly think that's "good enough".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Like they'll push SL back just because of Cyberpunk.. people who want to play wow will play wow and nothing will change that.

The general audience for both games isn't even the same, sure some might overlap but thats hardly a majority.
    You are looking at that wrong - it would become "overshadowed lands" if it launched against CP2077. The media wouldn't even notice SL, no articles, no attention, no free marketing for Blizzards brand.

As it is an expansion launch isn't comparable to a major AAA release, but to launch within days of one of the most anticipated games in quite some time is a bit foolish.

And, like many of us have said for MONTHS now, they have a built in ready to go excuse that is receiving a lot of sympathy and understanding - dem ronas.

To be clear, I agree that the overlap is small - half the people I play wow with don't even know wtf CP2077 is. Wow is quite unique in that a lot of non-gamers play wow hardcore.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they delay into January, as I've got another 800 achievement points I'd like to get before Shadowlands...27,000 is a nice round number to start the expac with, if only I raided it'd be easier to get there.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.