Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valrchron View Post
    I really don't understand those who say that they're perfectly fine with a 2021 release
    I'm with you. I've been playing beta pretty solidly and it's not as bad as the doomsayers are pretending.

It's basically feature complete, the leveling is fine, most of the intro stuff when you hit 60 and choose a covenant is fine(I had a bug on a couple of skip toons) and nothing seems super overtuned that couldn't be fixed with a round of hot fixes.

Honestly if it wasn't for covenant balance they could have launched it yesterday and it would have been okay. At least in my eyes.

The only other thing is the maw... but that could be fleshed out in a .0.5 patch or something when everything else starts to die down, it's perfectly functional as is.

I'm hoping for late nov/first week dec at the latest because hype is already dying down big time, and there is no replacement for launch hype no matter how much better you think they're going to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Think that all you want, that's what the issue is. If it wasn't they wouldn't have changed how this system works at a fundamental level 4 times already during the beta. Christ they still don't know what they want to do with it.
    They havent changed anything fundamental in a long time.

They shuffled around the placements but that seriously isnt fundamental

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    They havent changed anything fundamental in a long time.

They shuffled around the placements but that seriously isnt fundamental
    When changing covenants and systems attached to them? Yes... yes they have changed how they worked multiple times are you joking me?
    Last edited by Synical123; 2020-10-28 at 01:38 PM.

Oh my, I'm sure it's been discussed, but Cyberpunk is delayed until Dec 10th. That would put it right on top of what I feel(imho) is the only likely 2020 window for SL's release.

Do we still think 2020 is possible, because I'm firmly in the 2021 opinion now?

When changing covenants and systems attached to them? Yes... yes they have changed how they worked multiple times are you joking me?
    Changing covenants? From what into what? Thats incredibly vague. if you want to convince me of anything you need to be more precise

Changing covenants? From what into what? Thats incredibly vague. if you want to convince me of anything you need to be more precise
    I am not trying to convince you of anything if you have no clue about what they have changed with covenants then there is no point in talking to you because you don't know what you're talking about lol. They have even said in interviews that they have been thinking about pulling the ripcord on their own design because of how broken it was.
    Last edited by Synical123; 2020-10-28 at 01:54 PM.

Are they not forced to release it before Dec 31 since thats what they put on the shadowland pre-order?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Just go explore on the PTR or beta then?
    Does the PTR include the new zones or do you have a beta key? "just"

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    Are they not forced to release it before Dec 31 since thats what they put on the shadowland pre-order?
    No. A customer would be entitled to a refund if they wished to cancel their order due to slipped date but this is a moot point seeing as Blizzard are already offering refunds.

------

The quarterly earnings call is scheduled for tomorrow so whilst we may not get an exact release date we should know whether SL will ship this year or not.

I am not trying to convince you of anything if you have no clue about what they have changed with covenants then there is no point in talking to you because you don't know what you're talking about lol. They have even said in interviews that they have been thinking about pulling the ripcord on their own design because of how broken it was.
    Its been a LONG time since they have talked about pulling the ripcord if it came to that. They have since confirmed that they arent doing that.

THe reason i am asking you for examples is because i know you dont have any recent examples. So you can keep playing sharades and stubbornly refuse to present any evidence of your claim or you can try and proove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    I'm with you. I've been playing beta pretty solidly and it's not as bad as the doomsayers are pretending.

It's basically feature complete, the leveling is fine, most of the intro stuff when you hit 60 and choose a covenant is fine(I had a bug on a couple of skip toons) and nothing seems super overtuned that couldn't be fixed with a round of hot fixes.

Honestly if it wasn't for covenant balance they could have launched it yesterday and it would have been okay. At least in my eyes.
    Okay. But the reason for delay, as I have heard and I could be wrong, was not due to the system not working but how they were working.

Two points I recall were,

Covenants abilities were not available outside of SL.
    Changing Covenants at later time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    LOL its a massive AAA release thats been the most anticipated game for a couple years now, its going to get all the press. Why would they want to be overshadowed by that
    Let's be honest here, gaming media is pretty much always starving for content. Even a huge release like CP2077 won't be that big of a deal when it comes to press, let alone for a game as well known as WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    Well, it is typically believed so, but just recently, for instance, Warcraft III Reforged was delayed to January when it had been previousl stated to release on or before 31/12/2019.

Just a reaction from PoE producer Chris Wilson after hearing that CP will be delayed to 3 days before the new PoE league.
    https://twitter.com/bexsayswords/sta...16504130465792

Honestly, this is HUUUUUUGE. The CP delay is ruining Blizzards plans big times.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Just a reaction from PoE producer Chris Wilson after hearing that CP will be delayed to 3 days before the new PoE league.
    https://twitter.com/bexsayswords/sta...16504130465792

Honestly, this is HUUUUUUGE. The CP delay is ruining Blizzards plans big times.
    CyberPunk will be delayd again so no need to worry

Quote Originally Posted by whoisqnx View Post
    Does the PTR include the new zones or do you have a beta key? "just"
    I got beta key, Even tho i don’t care about beta so i thought everyone else had as well at this point.

Also.. just go PTR and check? I don’t know, i just assumed the ”test” area had the new stuff.

Its been a LONG time since they have talked about pulling the ripcord if it came to that. They have since confirmed that they arent doing that.

THe reason i am asking you for examples is because i know you dont have any recent examples. So you can keep playing sharades and stubbornly refuse to present any evidence of your claim or you can try and proove me wrong
    Jesus man... Now you're moving the goal post to 'recent' changes they have made? I never said recent, I said over the course of beta. Also them confirming not pulling the rip cord was like what? A month or two ago? That's not THAT long ago.

They have completely changed how we switch from one cov. to another because of how impossible to was to balance, they have completely and I mean COMPLETELY changed how we get and change out soul binds/conduits multiple times... if the issue was just a balance issue they would have just attempted to rebalance everything from day one. But that wasn't the issue. The issue was the system itself which is why it has been changed multiple times now, man they haven't even barely touched balancing these abilities because they were too busy attempting to fix the system itself. That is literally a core issue, not just a balance issue.

I'm sorry but you are just too uninformed to be continuing on with this conversation. Have a good one.

Why would Cyberpunk 2077 effect Shadowlands release? They are two completely different types of games, with different audiences I would think. Isn't Cyberpunk a Grand Theft Auto type game set in a Sci Fi near future world?

I would think most WoW players would be ready and waiting for Shadowlands regardless of CP77

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Why would Cyberpunk 2077 effect Shadowlands release? They are two completely different types of games, with different audiences I would think. Isn't Cyberpunk a Grand Theft Auto type game set in a Sci Fi near future world?

I would think most WoW players would be ready and waiting for Shadowlands regardless of CP77
    According to the doomsday cult its because WoW needs advertisement and when Cyberpunk releases at the same time Shadowland will get none and everyone will ignore it
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

Cyberpunk is the new game from the people who make Witcher 3. It'll probably be a lot more similar to Skyrim(or Witcher 3) in a sci-fi setting than GTA. I can't think of anyone on my friend's list who didn't play Witcher 3 or Skyrim. Those games are also pretty PC-centric and really value the PC as a platform.

I believe they are very much a similar audience.

Would it be the same thing as releasing a WoW expansion and Diablo 4 on the same day? Probably not, but imo, launching around the same time as this game on PC means no clean launch window no matter what game you are selling. That doesn't mean other games will change around it, but it's a factor to consider.

In Europe, if you promise something in a preorder, and don't deliver on the listed date, you can get your money back while still keeping the product. EU Law. This is what caused the Doom Eternal soundtrack controversy.

So unless Blizzard wants to refund millions of dollars, it'll be out this year.