Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
68
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Bloodsail Admiral Omertocracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Yes.
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I thought this, but there is no risk to the Elder as the Elder PMs the mod who PMs the Mark.
    Correct no risk to the elder, but they are basically a Cult so it risks their entire game.

    There is a lot of fluff in the last two pages. I blame Lora.

  2. #342
    Legendary! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Essex-ish
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    There is a lot of fluff in the last two pages. I blame Lora.
    rrrrrrrekt
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/4/2/6 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

  3. #343
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Correct no risk to the elder, but they are basically a Cult so it risks their entire game.

    There is a lot of fluff in the last two pages. I blame Lora.
    i blame you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  4. #344
    All right I got caught up on the thread now I’m going to bed this is just me letting you all know I’m still alive

  5. #345
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,086
    Who wants to have roast duck tomorrow evening?

  6. #346
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Who wants to have roast duck tomorrow evening?
    i'd rather have a fox grilled medium rare.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  7. #347
    Grunt TimeskipPistol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Still above you. Obviously.
    Posts
    11
    Just a small PSA for ya'll: Don't try to use MMO-C on mobile with less than stellar WIFI. Yikes me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm also a little suspicious of Pistol for being pretty quiet.
    ...
    This one, specifically. It might just be a case of me reading too much into it but I'm of the belief that even if town aligned players are frustrated over Satsu's play, they're more likely to try and get something out of D1. Scum, meanwhile, are more likely to sit back and not poke or prod at things or try to look at things from every possible angle.
    It's true, I've been a lot more quiet this time around. Granted, last D1 was my weekend off. This D1 was three 12 hours shifts in a row. With previously mention terribly WIFI. And also, yes, frustration.

    Also, while it's true I did mention that Satsu's play killed my willingness to do much, I did end up pushing, if only weakly, at Val - IE I did try to get something out of D1, tried to get differing opinions. Who I'll most likely end up trying to get lynched today as well. Maybe I'm just feeling super contrary lately. I don't wanna lynch Blood Fox for memeing. Blood Fox reading as scum and being a bit of a headache is kinda just his MO, and it's part of the reason why he's so fun to play with.

  8. #348
    Scarab Lord Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeskipPistol View Post
    Just a small PSA for ya'll: Don't try to use MMO-C on mobile with less than stellar WIFI. Yikes me.



    It's true, I've been a lot more quiet this time around. Granted, last D1 was my weekend off. This D1 was three 12 hours shifts in a row. With previously mention terribly WIFI. And also, yes, frustration.

    Also, while it's true I did mention that Satsu's play killed my willingness to do much, I did end up pushing, if only weakly, at Val - IE I did try to get something out of D1, tried to get differing opinions. Who I'll most likely end up trying to get lynched today as well. Maybe I'm just feeling super contrary lately. I don't wanna lynch Blood Fox for memeing. Blood Fox reading as scum and being a bit of a headache is kinda just his MO, and it's part of the reason why he's so fun to play with.
    Yep. That's kinda the impression I'm getting from Blood Fox as well. I don't really want to vote him, because I think he's just being a pain. (all the meanwhile he's probably the elder and giggling to himself).

    As for my unlynchables this day phase I think I'm solidly putting Firebert and Lora in that basket, I think they're both human. If Firebert isn't dead tomorrow might be a problem.

    Hopefully the psychic has a bomb of information when they reveal themself or leak it out over time, and that the Wolves keep the vamps in check whilst us humans kill off the wolves and then its becomes last man standing at the end of the game!

    Though for now I'm still comfortable with doing this;

    Vote: Bageloaf

    Stated that his participation has felt mostly defensive in day one, his vote felt opportunist perhaps, and came in to vote Lora and didn't provide too much information else where.

    - - - Updated - - -

    paging Dr @dupti

  9. #349
    im rather surprised by the activity this day so far actually thats quite a lot of spam

    - - - Updated - - -

    crackle u are trying to project town a bit too much in this setup

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I thought this, but there is no risk to the Elder as the Elder PMs the mod who PMs the Mark.
    his point is that it would be dumb for whoever was bitten by the elder to claim he was bitten if he received a pm as it would make him an obvious target
    it also makes ur bit claim seem more credible for the simple fact that it would be dumb of u to claim it if u had received a pm, so probably fair to assume that u were targeted by the fledling. this does however not necessarily mean that u are town

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It is statistically improbable that he started out as a vampire again. It's down to WIFOM whether or not you believe that scum would have tried to convert him after he pulled the same stunt again on this game's D1.
    gamblers fallacy, of course he couldve rolled vampire again but yeah i doubt it

    - - - Updated - - -

    i actually find marack scummy once again but i was wrong about him last game so im not going to tunnel, but marack u seem to be so focused on the bite to an extent that u suggest something incredibly weird that would never happen. it makes no sense for firebert to claim he was bitten if he received a pm from the elder as that would mean he would know he was marked which means the most logical conclusion is that he was bitten by a fledling, in which case it makes no sense for someone to counterclaim him.

    the only way for it to make sense would be if firebert was indeed bitten by the elder in which case whoever else was bitten should obviously counterclaim, but a) it seems so unlikely and b) we dont have to do anything as of right now but can get back to it if someone counterclaims.

    so the fact that u seem to be focusing on this so much when it is not going to move the game forward at all comes across as u trying to appear as contributing when in reality u arent.

    But well yes I read you wrong last game so ill at least listen to you, do you have any other thoughts on the game other than the bite claim?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    So unless someone else wants to counter claim being fed on (please do too make the game interesting ) firebert is likely human.
    elaborate please, from a pure mechanical point of view it simply means that firebert is very unlikely to be vampire unless he is a fledling that decided not to feed on anyone for some reason but i think he already has a vote out so thats not true, but he could still be a wolf

  10. #350
    Scarab Lord Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,095
    @dupti hence the word "likely", I'm aware he could still be a wolf, but he has a higher chance of being human at this point. I think he is potential kill target tonight for the Wolves which is why I don't deem it necessary to lynch him this day phase.

    If he's still alive tomorrow than that's obviously a different story. But we can't just lynch Firebert right off the bat for being fed off. We need to gather information elsewhere otherwise we're repeating day 1. I still think Firebert is human, and I don't think lynching him is very beneficial this day phase. I want to pressure other people and see where the votes come from.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    @dupti hence the word "likely", I'm aware he could still be a wolf, but he has a higher chance of being human at this point. I think he is potential kill target tonight for the Wolves which is why I don't deem it necessary to lynch him this day phase.
    i suppose i disagree with the "likely", he is just as likely to be wolf as he was before

    If he's still alive tomorrow than that's obviously a different story. But we can't just lynch Firebert right off the bat for being fed off. We need to gather information elsewhere otherwise we're repeating day 1. I still think Firebert is human, and I don't think lynching him is very beneficial this day phase. I want to pressure other people and see where the votes come from.
    i dont want to lynch him, i was questioning u because it felt like u were pushing the idea that he was likely town due to mechanics which isnt true

    - - - Updated - - -

    i am also of the opinion that if u are town then u should be careful with pushing out townreads due to the simple fact that there is a conversion mechanic plus two scum teams, we want them to cross kill which is also why town should know they shouldnt attempt too hard to project town

  12. #352
    Scarab Lord Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,095
    We also have a number of people being weird. Val with a OMGUS vote, Bwonsamdi's vote was a little reactionary (basing his vote off what others have done without giving much reason [Unvoted recently]). But given this is first game, I'm gonna give him a bit of pass just to see what he does later.

    Bageloaf's interactions this game so far has been him purely seeing the hot topic of the moment and immediately voting, without too much detail or further participation. Which I'm finding rather peculiar which I why i want to push here. I think his MO lies best with being a wolf. But that's just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    i suppose i disagree with the "likely", he is just as likely to be wolf as he was before



    i dont want to lynch him, i was questioning u because it felt like u were pushing the idea that he was likely town due to mechanics which isnt true

    - - - Updated - - -

    i am also of the opinion that if u are town then u should be careful with pushing out townreads due to the simple fact that there is a conversion mechanic plus two scum teams, we want them to cross kill which is also why town should know they shouldnt attempt too hard to project town
    The idea, simply put is there is more humans than wolves. He's very unlikely to be a vampire at this point, so that leaves Wolf and Human. So the odds fall on him to be more likely human. Is this this reasoning flawed, of course. I'm not entirely basing my read on what the odds are, but I think Firebert has been a genuine contribution this game.

    You do make a fair point on the town reads I guess, but we need some sort of gauge to base our votes off. There are better people to lynch than others in short. But yes, that can change very quickly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Going to bed soon since I've been up since 3am (watching the NFL! :P ) and im a bit spent at the moment. Hoping the others turn up in my downtime!

  13. #353
    Interesting night. Wondering what happened as right now we have the result of 1 of the possible 4 night actions. Also as we don't know who bit Firebert, there is a chance he is marked and therefore can be either turned to become a vampire, or at the least count as part of their win condition.

    Also this was a lot of posts to wake up to! So Ill need a second read through for more thoughts.

    (One thing worth noting, Lora is always truly all over the place.)

  14. #354
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,853
    I think going forward with the game, we need every single person to cast a vote on people and not leave their votes unaccounted for. it has to be different people though. my reasoning for this is simple. the mod vote count. if a fledgling fails to bite someone they would not have a vote. the only way to verify that person not having a vote is the vote count. even if they fake it by voting accordingly, it would not show up as a vote as they are unable to actually vote. this will leave voting records a chaotic mess for sure but its the best strategy for town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  15. #355
    Thats a good point that I hadnt even thought of.

    Vote: Lora

  16. #356
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Thats a good point that I hadnt even thought of.

    Vote: Lora
    why you do this to me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  17. #357
    Legendary! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Essex-ish
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Thats a good point that I hadnt even thought of.

    Vote: Lora
    My sides are in orbit
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/4/2/6 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

  18. #358
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    My sides are in orbit
    makes sense since you are up on the chopping block with the fox

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  19. #359
    Legendary! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Essex-ish
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    makes sense since you are up on the chopping block with the fox
    Stintings hotshot wheww

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    FiReBLaRt vAmPwOLf oMeGaLuL
    @dupti do you think that this is a slip?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    makes sense since you are up on the chopping block with the fox
    Ackshually I think that you will find that I am dog meat
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/4/2/6 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    why you do this to me?
    Its a joke vote, I wont actually go ahead with lynching you (unless someone comes forward with a compelling argument of course.) But right now it will prove at least I have a vote!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •