Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Came here to say this. All his movies are the same to me, honestly.
    So Troy is the same as Ocean’s 11?

    Honestly I find most actors/actresses to be fairly likeable. That’s kind of a prerequisite for the job.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Came here to say this. All his movies are the same to me, honestly.
    Inglorious Bastards is the same as World War Z... or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the same as Mr and Mrs. Smith??? Interview with a Vampire is the same as Babel???

    Honestly, he does a lot of variety and is in some awesome movies.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  3. #183
    Tom Cruise : something about him always felt so superficial and fake and then i learned about scientology and his role in it and my disdain started making sense.... damn man, i'd rather you being into cocaine and vip prostitutes like a normal celebrity than a part of this madness

    ps:i'll give him a break over the Last Samurai though, it was the only time he played a character i can sympathize with
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2020-10-25 at 08:47 PM.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Inglorious Bastards is the same as World War Z... or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the same as Mr and Mrs. Smith??? Interview with a Vampire is the same as Babel???

    Honestly, he does a lot of variety and is in some awesome movies.
    Yes, but he cheated on Jennifer Aniston running away with Angelie Jolie, then abandoned Jolie with a truckload of children after she got a double mastectomy and went back Aniston.

    So..."Inglorious bastard" it is.

    Like I posted earlier, some are posting their hate because of the actors' personal baggage. Not because of their acting skill.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Angelina Jolie and Julia Roberts.

    It's not even their acting ability, it's the gigantic lips that take up half their face, I can't get past them.

    Paul Walker and Keanu Reeves, can't watch any of their movies, that's right I've never seen more than 10 minutes of the Matrix.
    Neither can act and it baffles me how they ever got work.

    I videotaped my cat for 20 minutes one day and saw more emotional range than those two ever put forth, combined.
    If the only movie with Keanu Reeves you've seen is The Matrix (first one is really good, second and third less good) then that explains why you think Reeves is a poor actor...
    "Constantine" is arguably one of the better movies ever made, has a huge fan following. "The Day The Earth Stood Still" is a good movie, not that Reeves features that much in it. "Chain Reaction" is pretty good. "Hard Ball" is a 'feel good' rom-com with a bit of motivational shit in it, not going to blow you away but it's a decent movie for a rainy day.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  6. #186
    So... Like... Are we supposed to list actors who we feel don't do a good job at acting, or actors that we have a dislike on a personal level?

  7. #187
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    126
    Tom Hardy. I hate everything he is in with his stupid accents that make no sense.

    He ruined Dark Knight Rises.

  8. #188
    Bloodsail Admiral Dawnseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Nicolas Cage
    Nicolas Cage
    Nicolas Cage

    And ummm...

    Nicolas Cage
    Oh God yes. I was scrolling responses just for this.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Surprised none said Emilia Clarke, She's fucking awful.

    Well she is a serious actress because she won't show her boobs.......which is the only reason anyone watched her to start with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    If the only movie with Keanu Reeves you've seen is The Matrix (first one is really good, second and third less good) then that explains why you think Reeves is a poor actor...
    "Constantine" is arguably one of the better movies ever made, has a huge fan following. "The Day The Earth Stood Still" is a good movie, not that Reeves features that much in it. "Chain Reaction" is pretty good. "Hard Ball" is a 'feel good' rom-com with a bit of motivational shit in it, not going to blow you away but it's a decent movie for a rainy day.
    I guess if you based him on Bill and Ted.....and I hate to say it but Point Break (he was good in that I thought) .....I could see why someone would think he is a "poor actor". He put so much into getting the lines/action scenes as perfect as he can and I think that makes him a good actor because he tries to put forth his best for us.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    Brie Larson for me as well since she thinks she is the embodyment of female empowerment and i fucking hate her attitude.
    Yeah, she is not a good actress but all that feminist agenda bullshit is mostly clickbait media blowing things up.


    On topic: Kinda dont like Brad Pitt. I dont hate him, he is just very bland and generic and I dont know a single movie that has gotten better because of his perfomance.

  11. #191
    Elemental Lord Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,973
    Vin Diesel.
    Dwayne Johnson.
    Brie Larson.
    Kevin Hart.

  12. #192
    Ok so this may sound a little pretentious but i generally think is pretty stupid to refuse to see a particular movie because a certain actor is in it. writing and directing have far more to do with any actors performance then the actor themselves, i can think of many movies where certain actors were awful and i dont want to see that film because their performance was awful, mark wahlberg in The Happening comes to mind as an example of this, but there are so many other terrible things about that movie that his role is diminished, but he has been great in plenty of other movies, like The Departed. I've been thinking about it for a few minutes, and there is only one actor that i can think of who is consistently so over the top, so obnoxious, so annoying and unwatchable that i actively avoid seeing any movie he was in, and that is Robin Williams, but luckily thats not really a problem i encounter much anymore for obvious reasons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Allinna View Post
    Tom Hardy. I hate everything he is in with his stupid accents that make no sense.

    He ruined Dark Knight Rises.
    in a thread of bad takes, this one is among the worst. Tom Hardy is probably the best actor of his generation. Ever seen Bronson? fantastic performance. that being said, i didnt like his bane either, but that movie sucked for a lot of other reasons, too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Yeah, she is not a good actress but all that feminist agenda bullshit is mostly clickbait media blowing things up.


    On topic: Kinda dont like Brad Pitt. I dont hate him, he is just very bland and generic and I dont know a single movie that has gotten better because of his perfomance.
    even if thats true about Pitt, which i disagree with anyway. go watch Burn After Reading and tell me he's never carried a scene. but even if thats true, is that enough to, like the thread says, make him someone you cant stand?

  13. #193
    Jesse Eisenberg trash actor talking like a machinegun.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Part of it is Chris Pratt is religious, which always brings the angstheists and anti-theists out of their basements.

    Second, both he and Elizabeth Olsen got crap this last few months because they didn't come out and spam their social media with BLM/George Floyd posts. They didn't really even voice an opinion on it one way or another, they just didn't comment, but that was enough to get the baying twitter mobs after them.

    Also, Pratt owns a ranch here in WA state, and he does raise and slaughter the animals on it, which brings out wackos too.
    So... you hate him because of everything that doesn't involve acting. Got it....
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

  15. #195
    I dunno. There are a lot of actors I don't like, but even many of them occasionally do something I enjoy. Some of them, like Tom Cruise, even do a LOT of stuff I like. I mean I don't care about Tom Cruise himself, I will never see a movie specifically because he is in it, but he keeps doing movies I like so I keep watching.

    I guess Adam Sandler is a good example-even his "good" stuff does nothing for me. Will Ferrell is pretty much in the same boat.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Adam Sandler.
    Adam Sandler from ~10+ years ago wasn't terrible, but he is the epitome of a typecast actor. He's just another Nic Cage now, making the smelliest shit for a paycheck imo. Though he probably does bring in more per movie. Ha.

  17. #197

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    So... you hate him because of everything that doesn't involve acting. Got it....
    It's social media, it's filled with baying mobs of unemployed/underemployed dye-haired n'er-do-wells who spend their days putting anyone who disagrees with them through Mao-lite Struggle Sessions.
    Rest in Power Aaron Danielson, David Dorn, Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr., and Jessica Doty Whitaker.
    Artsakh is Armenia.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

  19. #199
    Robert Deniro. Never liked him. I considered him an asshole decades before he got raging TDS and became an even bigger asshole.
    Michael Cain. The man just...bores me. I can't watch any movie where he's the protagonist.

    And that's it for the boomer actors. When it comes to current actors, I absolutely DESPISE any TDS-ridden actor. Political opinions are best kept to oneself and not preached about on social media, always accompanied by various insults and slurs directed at people with opposite political opinions simply for their support of a certain political figure.

    I used to love Jim Carrey. I watched all his movies. Ever since 2016 he contracted TDS and started ragging not just on Trump, but on anyone supporting the president, and now he can kiss my ass for all I care.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yes, but he cheated on Jennifer Aniston running away with Angelie Jolie, then abandoned Jolie with a truckload of children after she got a double mastectomy and went back Aniston.

    So..."Inglorious bastard" it is.

    Like I posted earlier, some are posting their hate because of the actors' personal baggage. Not because of their acting skill.
    You shouldn't get your news from celebrity gossip mags
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •