Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There's so many, probably best to summarize them as
    1. Overly political ones
    2. Ones that play the same character in every movie(Adam Sandler)

Not really a fan of some of the Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller comedy types. Once you see the schtick it gets worn out pretty quickly. Good comedy is really hard though, and comedy is also really hard to tailor to a broad audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Weshuzan View Post
    Christian Bale. Overrated, mediocre, smug.
    Have you seen The Machinist?
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2020-10-24 at 04:09 AM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Chris Farley, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Tim Allen

easy : BRIE LARSON

everyone hate her :P

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Chris Farley, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Tim Allen
    I'm reminded of a certain South Park episode :P
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Steve Carell. He’s not funny. The Office blows and 40 Year Old Virgin was overrated and boring(Apatow movies in a nutshell but that’s another story for another thread).

Melissa McCarthy gets an honorable mention for reasons already mentioned elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post

I am a member of "everyone" and can confirm xD

I cannot stand will Ferrell.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Eddie Redmayne. I just... I can’t look at his face or hear his voice. Nails on a chalkboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Adam Sandler.
    pretty much this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Ben Stiller. Mostly because he almost never plays an actual character. It is always just Ben Stiller being Ben Stiller.
    Most actors in big budget films or TV lack range. Sometimes its not their fault and they are just typecast a certain way. Ed Norton has tremendous range but he very difficult to work with on set. If he could get along with people he might be the biggest guy in Hollywood.
    Last edited by Die; 2020-10-24 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Wouldn't that be the same for any actor though?
    No, the two I meantioned played flawed characters and i still didn't like their performance.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No, the two I meantioned played flawed characters and i still didn't like their performance.
    What I understood was that you thought he was decent in some movies and could stand him cause he played flawed charactes in those roles.

Jessie Eisenberg, Adam Sandler, Will Smith, Robin Williams, Nicolas Cage. I find Brad Pitt to be a highly overrated actor.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I can't watch any movie with Tom Cruise because I can't take him seriously.
    Tom Cruise has a tooth in the direct center of his face. Shits wild

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post

Really, all seven billion people in the world hates her? (I actually sorta like her.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Ferrell. Can't stand him.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

The ones that push political parties or bail out rioters.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Really, all seven billion people in the world hates her? (I actually sorta like her.)
    Only people that hate her are those that take "Let's take the table, extend it and put some more chairs in there for more diverse views." as "Fuck all white people, men in particular." lie that kept getting spewed out around the time captain marvel was coming out.

Honestly there's no actor or actress I hate. I do if anything have a disappointment on Adam Sandler though because his comedies are not to my taste but also when he breaks from the comedies into something serious he is genuinely a great actor.

I mean if I were being paid millions for me and my friends to make a cheap comedy and use it as a vacation for the group I'd do it too but I'd also do more serious roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Adam Sandler.
    Seriously he got old fast. Some of his movies which I think he didn't have control of script or directing are better. Is 50 First Dates something he simply acted in? He was tolerable in that.

Also I wanted to give Jim Carey credit but I mean he's playing Biden like it's The Mask. Granted the script is somewhat on spot, but he doesn't seem like Biden as Mr. Rogers. There were a few movies that I was like ok with him and the early stuff is doable, but my god they are like the same person different schtick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    She's not a bad actress in the least. I don't like her in terms of her choice of what she does, but she can do what she's meant to do which is what actors do. Her character and the direction in Captain Marvel were bad. At least that's what I'm giving her credit for because she was actually pretty good in other roles. It's not like Kristen Stewart in Twilight which if you watch Snow White it's like Bella and the Dwarves. Brie just gets a bad rep for her acting for her nonsense she spews outside of acting. Hell even in the shitty Nissan or whatever it was commercial she was more likeable and pleasant than in Captain Marvel. While I get the hyperbole is what you were trying to shoot down, I'd like to say that I think she's a decent actor, but a terribly racist human being. I'm not sure if I'd avoid a good looking movie for her, although she is shooing me from Marvel if she's going to be the face of it going forward. So saying everyone hates her like that poster said is definitely wrong because I don't hate her, I just think she's a little misguided.