Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Renown “rewards”

Just took a look at the supposed rewards from renown progression. These are not rewards, they are unlocks. You still have to pay a ton of gold to earn them. Please don’t call these “rewards”.

As it is, I see no reason to play Shadowlands. I’ll try the expansion for free on Taiwanese realms since Taiwan bans Blizzard from selling expansions. 15 dollars per expansion is all I’m willing to pay if I’m not convinced yet.

I will be creating an English speaking guild there, will share more info.

Have fun with the lag...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Just took a look at the supposed rewards from renown progression. These are not rewards, they are unlocks. You still have to pay a ton of gold to earn them. Please don’t call these “rewards”.

As it is, I see no reason to play Shadowlands. I’ll try the expansion for free on Taiwanese realms since Taiwan bans Blizzard from selling expansions. 15 dollars per expansion is all I’m willing to pay if I’m not convinced yet.

This has always been the way. When you hit exalted with a faction you don’t just suddenly get everything for free. Been that way since Vanilla. This is a really petty complaint

as far as inflaction goes... I always hope to have a new expansion to make gold being easier to acquire so I can go back 3-4 expansions before and get it's goldsinks for less effort...

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    This has always been the way. When you hit exalted with a faction you don’t just suddenly get everything for free. Been that way since Vanilla. This is a really petty complaint
    Exalted? Renwon has been there since Vanilla? Renown has 40 levels, it is a new game+ progression system, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Have fun with the lag...
    I moved from NA to Asia physically, my choices are play on Australian realms (Oceanic) or Taiwan if I want no lag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zambajazz View Post
    as stupid as it sounds, but just play another game. "tons of gold".... im kinda speechless

Edit: it has been known for like over half a year now, that renown just gets you some cosmetic stuff and "skillpoints" for your soulbinds. So thats not even a surprise..
    WoW is currently the only decent MMORPG out there. If Blue Protocol, Crimson Desert, Elyon or New World were out and playable, it would be a different story. I would even be happy just playing Overwatch2 when it comes out.

So don't play then, or do whatever you like. I don't think anyone here cares...

Reputation rewards have costed gold since Vanilla...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Why must you bait so hard and so obvious?

Exalted? Renwon has been there since Vanilla? Renown has 40 levels, it is a new game+ progression system, isn't it?
    You're playing dumb. And no, there is no "new game+ progression system." Renown is a new take on reputations for each of the 4 new main factions (covenants).

His point stands - even when you reached exalted with a faction, you had to pay for items. This isn't new nor regressive, it's in line with what they've been doing.

So you create a guild on Taiwanese servers and with the money saved by not having to pay for SL you can buy a token to get the gold to buy the renown rewards?
    Playing the long game.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Why must you bait so hard and so obvious?
    At this point all you need is to look at nick to know if thread is a bait.

These are not rewards, they are unlocks.
    You are being rewarded by having a new option unlocked. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

I moved from NA to Asia physically, my choices are play on Australian realms (Oceanic) or Taiwan if I want no lag.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is currently the only decent MMORPG out there. If Blue Protocol, Crimson Desert, Elyon or New World were out and playable, it would be a different story. I would even be happy just playing Overwatch2 when it comes out.
    renown is not a new game + system and it was never marketed as such

its essentially a reputation system and buying the items dont take a ton of gold...like at all...in any way

Even reputations give you free rewards at paragon levels...

The renown rewards unlocked are bought with a currency called Reservoir Anima, you collect this by spending time playing the game doing WQs etc. It'll cost you your time if you want renown rewards but not gold.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2020-10-25 at 06:41 AM.

It’s no different than how reps have worked since forever. I don’t think anyone really cares if you’re creating a guild on some dead Taiwanese realm either - being in a guild with someone who obviously complains at everything can’t be fun at all.

Do you even know how renown works? Because it looks like you made a post, talking about renown and not knowing how this system works

Same story every year, and yet WoW is still the biggest and best, just because they had 16 years to iterate on it. It is pretty apparent when compared to classic. You can see how and old game is played. It just causes frustration because it is not very well thought out for 2020.

Btw, rep rewards have cost gold since Vanilla.

No, they give you rewards for earning more reputation beyond exalted, not for free.

Taiwan bans Blizzard from selling expansions so they are forced to release them for free there?

Why can't we be like that.

Wrong, you get Stuff for doing MORE farming (= paying time).
    Exalted lets you buy stuff for gold, exactly like renown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another shitpost from OP, nothing to see here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..