Does Mudmugs method work?

"Gossip So, you're a homebrewer?

Yup. Been brewin' beer since I could drink it.

Some folks say I'm wastin' my time, that I could just buy the beer that comes out o' that big ol' brewery down yonder, but... I dunno. There's somethin' right nice about brewin' your own mug of ale.

Gossip Is Mudmug your real name?

Aw, heck no. That's just how I make my beer.

Muddy water, you see... it's got little bugs in it, that ferment your ale for you. Some folks use real yeast, grown in a fancy brewery under controlled conditions and what have you. I use muddy water.

It's kind of my thing.

I guess I'm just not what you'd call "cultured".

"Gossip Ha ha.

Any idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes...just yikes....
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post

Some folks say I'm wastin' my time, that I could just buy the beer that comes out o' that big ol' brewery down yonder, but... I dunno. There's somethin' right nice about brewin' your own mug of ale.

Muddy water, you see... it's got little bugs in it, that ferment your ale for you. Some folks use real yeast, grown in a fancy brewery under controlled conditions and what have you. I use muddy water.

It's kind of my thing.

"Gossip Ha ha.

Any idea?
    Yes it does. There's kinda active bacteria all over the place that will ferment things. Actually in the middle ages, the general rule of thumb was you NEVER washed your cooking tools because they would still have yeast or whatever leftover from the last batch. So when you made bread, the board you used, never wash that. Yeast from the last batch bread will still be on it and can transfer to the next batch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering the number of pandaren, tigers, snakes and lizard people defecating in the yanzhe river this is a very risky way of harvesting yeast and bacteria for brewing. He is likely introducing harmful bacteria such as escherichia and campylobacter, as well as various fungi. Which would result in a foul and dangerous brew.

A more safe and productive way of brewing would be to collect nectar from golden lotus flowers. The natural sugars of the nectar would contain many beneficial bacteria and yeast for brewing. Granted this would produce a "wild" or "sour" ale.

I think this is how first beer was made, people were spitting in a bowl with wheat and water
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    Considering the number of pandaren, tigers, snakes and lizard people defecating in the yanzhe river this is a very risky way of harvesting yeast and bacteria for brewing. He is likely introducing harmful bacteria such as escherichia and campylobacter, as well as various fungi. Which would result in a foul and dangerous brew.

A more safe and productive way of brewing would be to collect nectar from golden lotus flowers. The natural sugars of the nectar would contain many beneficial bacteria and yeast for brewing. Granted this would produce a "wild" or "sour" ale.
    Yanzhe river just reminds me of the yangtze river

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Mudmug brews his brew jesus style with miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post

He's obviously a monk with https://www.wowhead.com/spell=115450/detox#modified-by . He wouldn't cast it on the brew itself of course, ruins the flavor, but on the unconscious pandaren afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Yanzhe river just reminds me of the yangtze river
    Mad that, innit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    He's obviously a monk with https://www.wowhead.com/spell=115450/detox#modified-by . He wouldn't cast it on the brew itself of course, ruins the flavor, but on the unconscious pandaren afterwards.
    No amount of detox will help you after that acid trip. The sheer mindfuck caused by "Mudmugs finest" makes void elves look like pansies (well more than they already are).

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Mudmug brews his brew jesus style with miracles.
    I recognize your name from somewhere here

10+ Year Old Account
    I recognize your name from somewhere here
    I am merely a humble servant of a great muddy one.

When I first encountered him with that thing about his fermenting methods, I wanted to punch him in the face for being so disgusting and say 'Well, that's just great. Enjoy your dysentery.'

It's kind of my thing.

"Gossip Ha ha.

Any idea?
    Well yeah, but as others say it'd introduce a lot of unwanted stuff that'll likely make you very sick.
    However it should be noted that in various less developed areas of the world people actually grow quite resistant and accustomed to whatever's in their local water, and since he says he's not that cultured he might not actually suffer from his own brew. It also serves to remember that alcohol desinfects water to a certain degree - hence the worse the water quality the stronger the drinks common to an area.

Others not used to that particular water however may find it less easy to stomache, in more than one way.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.