Hello, so I have struggled with this issue on and off for quite a while now, it has frustrated me for such a long time and hindered me from playing the game.

I install Classic WoW, launch it and I get “World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration”
These are the things I’ve been trying to fix this issue after reading hundreds of posts, all of which don’t work/partially work:

• I launch the game in compatibility mode for Win8/Win7, this fixes the 3D acceleration error, it starts up the game, however I only can see the WoW cursor & hear the login menu sound.

• I disable Fullscreen Optimization & Run the game as Administrator, this does nothing.

• I have set the dedicated GPU to be the default GPU in Nvidia control panel, this does nothing, however if I set it to the integrated GPU, the game starts up fine, however it gives me awful FPS, I go to the Advanced* graphics settings and try to adjust the default GPU to be my dedicated GPU however when I exit the game and launch it, this setting remains unchanged (Auto).

• I’ve deleted my GPU drivers using DDU and installed the newest version, this does nothing.

• I’ve made sure I don’t have any overlays in the background running.

• I’ve tried setting the game to launch with DX11, DX11Legacy, this does nothing.

• My Laptop is plugged in, and all power options are set to High Performance.

• I can get the game to work if I go to Display Settings - lower the resolution of the monitor - launch the game(still only see black screen, can hear sound but only see cursor and able to move it) - then go back to Display Settings and choose Extend these Displays. This makes me able to alt-tab back to WoW and play it, however I notice that the FPS is very low which I assume is because the game plays on the Integrated GPU, and the laptop overheats quickly and shuts down.

Honestly I don’t know what to do anymore, I’ve reinstalled the game multiple times, reinstalled the drivers multiple times and have done almost everything I could find on the internet apart from reinstalling my OS.

This is my DxDIAG: pastebin.com/rNUbiaw7
This is my gx log: pastebin.com/zv7PnE6c

I am playing on an Asus K53SD using W10 Pro, i5-2450M CPU, 8GB RAM, GeForce 610M GPU, and have plugged in a monitor. I’ve tried playing without the monitor, however it makes no difference.
I’ve managed to get the game to work in the past, however I don’t know or can’t recall how I did that.

What do I do at this point? I can’t play the game.
*I want to point out, I can play other games with no problem, so I don’t believe that the dedicated GPU is broken.