Poll: MOST FUN Melee DPS (Tier List) Agree/Disagree?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That list feels inverted

Not really ontopic, but am I the only one that finds BfA Enhancement better than the new one?

Different strokes. I have three tiers:

Would Main: Feral, Unholy
    Would Alt: Arms, Survival
    Won’t Touch: Everything else

Limited playtime and mixed interests between PvE and PvP drive a lot of that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    And I just started to level a Feral! :reeeee:
    Well you better stop doing that right now as someone else has declared it to be NOT FUN.

S: Enhancement
    A: Havoc

F: warrior/rogue/hunter

B/C: the rest

I don't play all melee specs, but to me Frost/Survival/Havoc/Fury are specs I have fun playing.

I find it hard to call any melee "Fun" because Blizzard goes out of their way to make their lives a living hell in almost every form of content. The new Storming M+ affix is a shining example.

Mythic Il'gynoth broke my will to play melee.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I find it hard to call any melee "Fun" because Blizzard goes out of their way to make their lives a living hell in almost every form of content. The new Storming M+ affix is a shining example.

Mythic Il'gynoth broke my will to play melee.
    This is the damn truth. 4,000 spell effects between you/tank/other melee/boss/adds/environment, melee is just a cluster.

Personal fun tier-list:
    S: Surv, Fury, Unh, Frost
    (Fun and engaging, playstyle either has opportunity for depth or has a fun mechanical pace, sufficient tools to deal with situations with abilities to compliment most content. "Exceptionally fun, the ideals other specs should strive for.")

A: WW, Enh
    (Some especially fun and engaging potential, there is some opportunity for depth with priority or mechanical pace has microbial room for improvement, and/or may have barely enough tools/procs to deal with the content they need to but could use more. "Really fun, missing some stuff.")

B: Arms, Ret
    (Talents and priority less engaging or compelling, pacing fits theme but isn't as fun, while having tools for the content it needs. "Less fun, but still fun.")

C: OL, AS, Sub
    (Incredibly slow, unsatisfying, but abundance of tools. "Notably less engaging.")

D: n/a

F*(see me after class): Feral, Havoc
    (Either lack their own identity or never got enough of their own identity in the first place. "Diet Rogue / don't even have another spec to offset my own lack of depth.")

It's relative. What is fun to me might not be fun to you.
    Our brains are wired differently.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    What, did i stumble into youtube comments by accident?
    Not sure what to say about this comment? Care to elaborate?

I, personally, really enjoy the improved Subtlety rogue. It's fun, fast-paced and does great damage. So I somewhat agree with this. In terms of numbers, then I don't think we should care too much about this.

Oh one of those "tier lists" by youtubers haha those videos are so overcrowded it hardly makes sense anymore. As regards to fun, as it is subjective, it doesn't really help much unless they give in depth explanation and showcase of each spec/class gameplay. And what is "clunky" for some is good for others.

I personally would put enhance shaman in A tier in terms of fun, no matter how low the damage is. Mechanically I enjoy it, I won't have a good time if the numbers are awful but that has nothing to do with the gameplay itself, just Blizzard being garbage at tuning like usual.

I don't find any class in the game to be amazing enough in terms of mechanics to be S tier but this would be my ranking on fun alone:

A tier: Unholy, enhance, fury
    B: monk, survival, outlaw, frost
    C: arms, assa, sub, retribution
    D: feral
    Z tier: havoc

Why Unholy is so loved? I really don't get the appeal gameplaywise

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    TIER LIST
    S: Unholy, Subtlety, Retribution
    A: Windwalker, Outlaw, Havoc
    B: Assassination, Survival, Frost (Death Knight), Fury
    C: Arms
    D: Feral, Enhancement
    Havoc is the most incredibly boring, brain-dead mdps. So, since this is supposed to be a list of fun, it is solidly in D tier.

Otherwise, I don't disagree substantially with the list...a couple I would rank a bit lower and a couple I would rank a bit higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a warrior main since the day I joined the game, Enhancement is fun enough a playstyle that I'm strongly considering switching over to it as my new main. Outlaw and Subtlety are also both lots of fun, as is Windwalker. I haven't had a chance to try out Retribution yet since my shaman is taking my focus for leveling.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    MarcelianOnline posted a video making a tier list ranking melee DPS based on how fun they are.

Things taken into consideration when they ranked them were play style, talent choices and flexibility, what utility they bring, and DPS output.

I know a spec being fun isn't equal to doing the most DPS, but I agree with their point of doing very low damage is disheartening and doesn't make the spec as fun as it can be. What fun can be had doing less damage a third of the overall damage? (Looking at you, Feral)

TIER LIST

S: Unholy, Subtlety, Retribution

A: Windwalker, Outlaw, Havoc

B: Assassination, Survival, Frost (Death Knight), Fury

C: Arms

D: Feral, Enhancement

Do you agree or disagree with their rankings? What specs would you rank higher/lower?

Havor with SL is honestly max C tier because Eye beam is still cool enough to save it from D. But even that is debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    As a warrior main since the day I joined the game, Enhancement is fun enough a playstyle that I'm strongly considering switching over to it as my new main. Outlaw and Subtlety are also both lots of fun, as is Windwalker. I haven't had a chance to try out Retribution yet since my shaman is taking my focus for leveling.
    Ret - a Spec I HATED all the way through until somewhere around Cata, dabbled a little, then started to LOVE, and then something strange happened - i just stopped liking it in a raid setting. Open world i still loved it, for there was just SOMETHING missing for me personally that stopped me from enjoying it. I would literally get heavy eyes from boredom playing it, but to this day cant put my finger on WHY that happens.

No idea how can people stand playing Feral.

I leveled one and I went out of energy after 2-3 moves. Abandoned it the moment I hit 50 (pre-patch).

Unfortunately, with the state of the game as it is due to prepatch, I am finding the specs I enjoy the most are performing the worst, while the specs I play very little and have terrible gear (talking like ilvl 80 etc) are performing FAR ahead of others. I understand it is pre patch, I fully appreciate the specs are not complete without all their bolt-ons, but I cant help but be disheartened with I have specs geared well north of ilvl 110 performing nowhere near those @ ilvl 80.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    No idea how can people stand playing Feral.

I leveled one and I went out of energy after 2-3 moves. Abandoned it the moment I hit 50 (pre-patch).
    Feral fluctuates heavily based on current patch, specs, talents, and gear etc from being a "pool and burst" type spec, to "holy shit im constantly capped!". Typically, I see it more commonly in the "pool and burst" type space, but it certainly does see-saw back and forth between the two extremes.

If you dont enjoy the energy pooling playstyle, its not worth the risk - it could be in that state for entire tiers, possibly entire expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post

C: OL, AS, Sub
    (Incredibly slow, unsatisfying, but abundance of tools. "Notably less engaging.")
    Are you genuinely finding Sub rogue slow?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedblast View Post
    Why Unholy is so loved? I really don't get the appeal gameplaywise
    I want to love UH, i really do, but i personally find it quite clunky, and have since like.....after cata.

Windwalker needs to be near the bottom, just leveled my Monk alt at the weekend, was a miserable experience. Might get better in Shadowlands but right now it's ass.