Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah,and those elements are extremly bad in a competitive mmo,this isnt a singleplayer game like divinity original sin,all racials should have ZERO performance and special abilities like removing dots gone,have them all be cosmetic stuff or quality of life,vulpera bags and transmog reduction cost are very good ones,we wouldnt have the insane faction imbalance that way also

    this remind me of trolls in mop,but i dont think it was nerfed then,think it was changed in wod to give beast xp instead of dmg
    Wow pve is hardly competitive, simply because of vaugness on what is exploit and punishment inconsistency (and different region launch times ofc) . Too late for racial changes, you make them all cosmetic and player base will still gravitate towards Horde, simply because majority of quality pvers is there. The only solution right now is cross faction pve and guilds.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-10-26 at 08:25 AM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  2. #22
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Of course it will be nerfed, Blizz can't allow actual race differentiation! That's too much of an RPG element!
    Because totally this forum has not been full of people crying how "unbalanced" Covenants are and how it "forces" people into a covenant they would normally not pick. Now they will feel even more vindicated when a guild does things not only over a covenant but also about a racial (which however guilds have done before)

    Not unexpected, we get at least three sorts of players

    -The tiniest difference makes everything unbalanced and they min-max until it hurts
    -Differences in racials etc make the game more enjoyable
    -Don't care

    ...and probably more inbetween those.

  3. #23
    Fun Detected

  4. #24
    Alright boys the time has come, everyone to Alliance!
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Of course it will be nerfed, Blizz can't allow actual race differentiation! That's too much of an RPG element!
    You do realise of course that part of the reason raiding (and now m+) has slowly grown to be dominated by the horde is because it's had far and away better pve racials across the board right?

    Like the only reason the op even exists is because it's the alliance.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Or maybe stop caring about one tier in a literal couple of top guilds. I've played there and while this would have to be given consideration, I now see how hurtful it is to the game overall.
    People are unable to stop carring,what the top guilds do trickles to the rest,to the point where even non mythic guilds follow their example,its simply not realistic to say ''just stop caring''....personaly i dont,but i am still affected by it if i play aliance

  7. #27
    Same thing with old orc stun resist, undead antifear, human trinket, etc. May aswell just remove all the combat on use racials tbh.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    People are unable to stop carring,what the top guilds do trickles to the rest,to the point where even non mythic guilds follow their example,its simply not realistic to say ''just stop caring''....personaly i dont,but i am still affected by it if i play aliance
    You simply have to use common sense. "Can I easily copy to my benefit what top guilds do?" My guild has no problems with that. Entire lower tier guilds won't blindly follow every top 10 example, especially if money and change of anesthetics is involved.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  9. #29
    Now all we need is 2 expansions where Alliance racials are OP in raids for this to actually result in a paradigm shift.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

  10. #30
    Pit Lord Nutri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    This thread
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Now all we need is 2 expansions where Alliance racials are OP in raids for this to actually result in a paradigm shift.
    I'd rather have them nullify racials and have people choose a faction based on appearance/lore whatever instead of niche uses for X racial on a special Y moment of an xpac like this specific situation with Nathria. Would maybe solve a lot of pvp issues too.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You simply have to use common sense. "Can I easily copy to my benefit what top guilds do?" My guild has no problems with that. Entire lower tier guilds won't blindly follow every top 10 example, especially if money and change of anesthetics is involved.
    well the huge faction imbalance proves that entire lower tier guilds do blindly follow and the top guilds are exclusivly horde,i was aliance,until we realised the recruitment options were abismal,meanwile horde side it was like a different world,far easier to recruit and even the quality of players we noted to be of a better breed

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I'd rather have them nullify racials and have people choose a faction based on appearance/lore whatever instead of niche uses for X racial on a special Y moment of an xpac like this specific situation with Nathria. Would maybe solve a lot of pvp issues too.
    Nullify racials and have them be cosmetic also agree,but that alone wont balance it,something needs to be done to entice more people to aliance,and not just any players,but also good ones,aliance not only lacks in numbers but lacks in quality players now,honestly i dont see them ever fixing this,the only true way to fix it is allow cross faction play

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well the huge faction imbalance proves that entire lower tier guilds do blindly follow and the top guilds are exclusivly horde,i was aliance,until we realised the recruitment options were abismal,meanwile horde side it was like a different world,far easier to recruit and even the quality of players we noted to be of a better breed
    That was a process that took over 10y and several expansions. No guild beside top of the top will change factions back and forth just for Nathria progress.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  13. #33
    I will laugh a lot if Blizzard changes the debuffs to be generic rather then bleed but waits with it until the inevitable Mythic opening week balance changes.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That was a process that took over 10y and several expansions. No guild beside top of the top will change factions back and forth just for Nathria progress.
    Oh we proly misunderstood eachother,i didnt say many people would go aliance for castle,yeah only the tippy top will switch back and forth for just one raid,happened in the past with trolls in mop

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I will laugh a lot if Blizzard changes the debuffs to be generic rather then bleed but waits with it until the inevitable Mythic opening week balance changes.
    Fireblood and Stoneform remove every type of debuff, so Blizz would have to make them undispellable. That would screw with entire fight balancing.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Fireblood and Stoneform remove every type of debuff, so Blizz would have to make them undispellable. That would screw with entire fight balancing.
    I haven't checked much of the raid, People keep saying they are bleeds? which are not dispellable anyway except for stoneform.
    So what would be the issue?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They still get the leveling bonus, which is probably worth it for many of them..
    It would be funny if enough people went Alliance for the experience bonus to reduce its effectivenes down to 10%

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I haven't checked much of the raid, People keep saying they are bleeds? which are not dispellable anyway except for stoneform.
    So what would be the issue?
    Well there is Kyrian pot as well.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I thought they wanted meaningful choices!
    The person you quoted is just whining.. First players want choices to matter, then you get this and people cry about it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well there is Kyrian pot as well.
    I'm going to take a very wild stab and say the Raid won't be balanced around people having the correct Covenant. So, again, losing the ability to remove them with Kyrian should not be a balance issue.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •