The new level scaling allows you to quest in all zones without 1 hitting mobs?

The current scaling allows you to level from 1-50 in any zone, heck you could do it all in the barrens if you wanted. But once you hit level 50, everything in old zones will become level 30, 40 or 45, depending on what level the zone was pre 9.0 and therefore obsolete.

I believe if you freeze your exp gain at level 49 you could potentially do everything without being overpowered, if that's something you enjoy. If you just want to play single-player and quest all the time, this could be an option.

I haven't tried it yet myself but on my next alt, I will test it out for sure. Has anyone else tried it yet?

Ofc you can do it like this. Just stopping Exp at 49 will set all enemies to your level. I think you have to switch around via chromie-time when you want to do stuff in another addon, but I could be mistaken, this is what I didn't test yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    The current scaling allows you to level from 1-50 in any zone, heck you could do it all in the barrens if you wanted. But once you hit level 50, everything in old zones will become level 30, 40 or 45, depending on what level the zone was pre 9.0 and therefore obsolete.

I believe if you freeze your exp gain at level 49 you could potentially do everything without being overpowered, if that's something you enjoy. If you just want to play single-player and quest all the time, this could be an option.

I haven't tried it yet myself but on my next alt, I will test it out for sure. Has anyone else tried it yet?
    Those still are the zone levels without Chromie time.

That was the whole point of them implementing the XP freeze though - you could freeze it at any level and do all the quests in every single zone and it would all be the same level as you freeze it at.

You can also not to Chromie time and quest through them at each level bracket as well - that hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Those still are the zone levels without Chromie time.

That was the whole point of them implementing the XP freeze though - you could freeze it at any level and do all the quests in every single zone and it would all be the same level as you freeze it at.

You can also not to Chromie time and quest through them at each level bracket as well - that hasn't changed.
    I understand that, but that's not the point - the point is that one can quest at level 49, all these zones will then scale to level 49 and once you hit level 50, they will scale down to their non-chromie scaling; their normal level brackets. Blizz could even improve this system by simply allowing one to switch on chromie scaling at level cap too. Then people can quest anywhere any time without 1hitting everything and the best thing is that it's a choice, not forced on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    I understand that, but that's not the point - the point is that one can quest at level 49, all these zones will then scale to level 49 and once you hit level 50, they will scale down to their non-chromie scaling; their normal level brackets. Blizz could even improve this system by simply allowing one to switch on chromie scaling at level cap too. Then people can quest anywhere any time without 1hitting everything and the best thing is that it's a choice, not forced on anyone.
    That's what I said/agreed to? You don't have to do that at 49 though - you can do that at any level and everything would stay your level range, that's the point and that's why they implemented the ability to turn experience off.

They won't do it for cap level though, because that content is designed to stay old.

Actually a neat concept, something I might try one day.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    That's what I said/agreed to? You don't have to do that at 49 though - you can do that at any level and everything would stay your level range, that's the point and that's why they implemented the ability to turn experience off.

They won't do it for cap level though, because that content is designed to stay old.
    Fair enough, seems like you're basically saying the same thing as me though, lol

I'm doing this on a hunter, capped at level 49.

Every mob I come across is scaled to my level in all the expansions, Vanilla, Tbc, Wrath, Cata, Mop, Wod, Legion, Bfa etc.
    Currently questing out Content on Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Being in Chromie time allows me to queue for EVERY dungeon per the expansion I'm in 'chromie time' of, which I can change freely.

It's far better to do some or most of my rotation against a mob that it is to just 'one shot' my way through quests.

So if you want a 'true' leveling experience then yeah turn your exp off at 49 and have fun

This also appears to be a great way to get extra gold, btw. Since everything scales to 49, the ilevel of quest gear is as high as it will be, and you gain gold appropriate for the turn in versus it dropping off at 50. There were some in another thread speculating it would be better to clear all pre-50 content at locked 49 for maximum gold gain, rather than stomping old raids at 50. Plus, you get loremaster achievements, transmog, etc. All in all, locked 49 could be both fun and profitable to experience.

Tbh I would love to actually quest through all the zones on my max level main if they scaled to cap. Doing it on alts is just not the same.