Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if i love the Horde, between the 2 factions, they are the most questionable, even if you only limit yourself on how they act regardless of war.

Orcs: Abuse the workforce (peons)
    Goblins: Extreme capitalist that do not care much about... well... anything or anyone but money (though it may change a little with Gazlowe as the leader)
    Forsaken: Human experimentation
    Blood Elf: Dubious experimentation and consumption
    Trolls: Cannibalism
    Zandalari: Classists
    Maghar Orcs: Some are ok, others are not (as they do have a clan of sadist with them)

Taurens are the big exception to the whole Horde questionable practices and Nightborne (but those guys haven't had the chance to do much)

yes Horde is evil.....DEATH TO THE HORDE SCUM!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Even if i love the Horde, between the 2 factions, they are the most questionable, even if you only limit yourself on how they act regardless of war.

Orcs: Abuse the workforce (peons)
    Goblins: Extreme capitalist that do not care much about... well... anything or anyone but money (though it may change a little with Gazlowe as the leader)
    Forsaken: Human experimentation
    Blood Elf: Dubious experimentation and consumption
    Zandalari: Classists
    Maghar Orcs: Some are ok, others are not (as they do have a clan of sadist with them)

Taurens are the big exception to the whole Horde questionable practices and Nightborne (but those guys haven't had the chance to do much)
    If you are comparing the alliance and horde then the only thing in your list that the alliance doesn’t do is cannibalism but the trolls dropped that any way.

Humans abuse there workforce (west fall) and are classists.
    The dwarfs have extreme “excavations” which easily rivals the goblins.
    Gnomes do human experimentation.
    Humans again do dubious experimentation, as seen by human warlocks.
    The dark iron dwarfs have plenty of sadist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If you are comparing the alliance and horde then the only thing in your list that the alliance doesn’t do is cannibalism but the trolls dropped that any way.

Humans abuse there workforce (west fall) and are classists.
    The dwarfs have extreme “excavations” which easily rivals the goblins.
    Gnomes do human experimentation.
    Humans again do dubious experimentation, as seen by human warlocks.
    The dark iron dwarfs have plenty of sadist.
    Remember that the Trolls re-toke the cannibalisms practice in Cataclysm, that's also part of the "warlock" excuse.

But you're right, though i'm not sure if i would compare the dwarves intense mining to how the Goblins act, as they have no problem with slavery or/and the mutation of their own to make use as simple workforce (or sometimes as living shields) -the hobgoblins-

The alliance also have the questionable LF Draneai and their whole "forceful conversion" as its pointed out by one of the LF Draneai in the quests prior the invasion of the Zandalari capital, and yes, i did forgot about the Dark Irons and their questionable practices (though at least they are better now under Moira rule).

And yes, Humans are assholes, but i wouldn't say they are classists as the Zandalari, as a Zandalari you're born in a class, though that may change with Talanji cause we even have a Zandalari exile in the council now.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Remember that the Trolls re-toke the cannibalisms practice in Cataclysm, that's also part of the "warlock" excuse.

But you're right, though i'm not sure if i would compare the dwarves intense mining to how the Goblins act, as they have no problem with slavery or/and the mutation of their own to make use as simple workforce (or sometimes as living shields) -the hobgoblins-

The alliance also have the questionable LF Draneai and their whole "forceful conversion" as its pointed out by one of the LF Draneai in the quests prior the invasion of the Zandalari capital, and yes, i did forgot about the Dark Irons and their questionable practices (though at least they are better now under Moira rule).

And yes, Humans are assholes, but i wouldn't say they are classists as the Zandalari, as a Zandalari you're born in a class, though that may change with Talanji cause we even have a Zandalari exile in the council now.
    Can’t say I remember the dark spears ever taking up cannibalism in cata.

The dwarfs are also willing to go just as far as the goblins they wiped out a whole cow tribe to dig up and spot for example and are regularly getting there low end miners butchered for there digs even if there not big dumb hobgoblins.

And ya the humans might not be extreme as the trolls but they are still clearly classist, look at the whole defies thing even up until cata they stuck around because there are a ton of low class people who have absolutely nothing because of those above them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually by in game and book lore the Darkspear are the only group of trolls that forbids Cannibalism, they do like to scare people who don't know better with things like "I'm going to eat you GRAHH", but they don't actually partake anymore.

I wonder how many people remember that the Legion corrupted the Horde not for the purpose of killing Draenei, but to bring them to Azeroth so the Legion could wipe it out. And that it was Medivh who was being controlled by fucking Sargeras who tricked his mother into killing his Avatar so he could infest her womb. Knowing that she was arrogant enough to decide to make the Guardian role not go to the most deserving but her own offspring. Oh and she used a guy just to get herself pregnant and he was thinking it was actually a real relationship. The orcs were puppets, I will not deny that they have done fucked up things. But you have to wonder what would of happened if the draenei never crashed on Draenor, would Sargeras have found some other race to corrupt to invade Azeroth. Or just used Karazhan as a gateway for the Legion to come pouring out of.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    it depends on the story being told. The thing is when you've won and pushed you foe back into a corner... are you still the good guy when you then push them to the brink?

Just because on party suffered are we to then expect them to turn into the very thing they fought against and keep viewing it as the 'right thing'?
    maybe you should rewind BfA and ask your previous warchief that question when she had won at Auberdine and still set the tree on fire. Heck she was literally asked that same thing, what is the point of burning it you have won its just civilians. Not to mention her initial goal of using it as a hostage.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT

weeee all know right.

the warchief of the horde burned them all and caused a war that killed horde soldiers so she could unlock her level 130 talents.

now you can say all you want about how she is no longer warchief, but she was then.

no one was eager to follow sylvanas.
    and that is totally incorrect. sylvanas unlike garrosh had the horde behind her still until her rage induced f up. quests even agreed that only sylvanas' horde had the strength to take on nzoth's armies currently. the rebels and alliance did not.

As for Garrosh's war.... that was inherited from Thrall's time because Varian declared war on the horde itself. I know the story seems to carry on as though it was Garrosh's war but that doesn't change it wasn't the Horde starting it unless someone wants to twist a third party betrayals as the horde's position.
    Varian declared war after seeing what was actually happening in the Undercity, ONTOP of what the forsaken had done in northrend. Basically realizing what most of the horde already did, that thrall was just duct tape on a dam that was about to burst.

And as for the whole provocation thing. If you remember MoP, Andiun was attacked by Horde forces. Thrall was captured in Cata. BUT. When thrall was captured he had effectively left or was on his way out. Anduin was the crown prince. So if Sylvanas really wants to moan about "faction leader under attack! how dare they". Yea. Well. Garrosh beat her to that too. Who has been labelled a tyrant in the most recent short story also.

You can disregard all of that, if you want to go find any lore piece from blizzard that labels anduin, varian, velen, tyrande, magni, genn or mechatorque a tyrant.

The alliance might do stupid shit it might do bad shit. But the horde has been villain batted to a whole different degree. For this to be reverted you will need at the LEAST two expansions, one where the alliance instigates the way the horde did in BfA and burns down a major city like Taurajo, ENDING with an alliance leader taken down in a raid. So basically you are looking at HALF A DECADE of gameplay to EQUAL what the horde has done, to put into perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adcesamo View Post
    ...and everything else... (I'll never get tired of this pic )

- - - Updated - - -

Is there an update to this image?
    you have to download the teldrassil DLC.
    it adds:
    1. Major climate change due to deforestation caused by the horde
    2. The tauren has now been moved to the left, there is a Sylvanas image saying "THE HORDE IS NOTHING!"
    3. A trial period gif showing the makings of the Path of Glory in Hellfire Peninsula and why it looks suspiciously like bones....
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Does anyone genuinely think they aren't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    context for rounding up the civilians?
    the massacre through ashenvale with all the wisps and the killing in astrannar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's some galactic level of reaching. And it's even funnier coming from an Alliance fan, i.e. the faction which has done a lot of underhanded #$@& but has never had to go through any consequences whatsoever. Aside from NEs of course, but who cares about them, not even the Golden Boi.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hlight=berated

a 23 page thread just because Ysera told the horde player "the hell is wrong with you?" in Ardenweald for burning teldrassil. And no I leveled as Horde. She does nothing besides just talk. But 23 pages of weeping because an NPC "lightly" scolded you for genocide. yeesh.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    a 23 page thread just because Ysera told the horde player "the hell is wrong with you?" in Ardenweald for burning teldrassil. And no I leveled as Horde. She does nothing besides just talk. But 23 pages of weeping because an NPC "lightly" scolded you for genocide. yeesh.
    What in the Eternal Sun's name has my post ANYTHING to do with that thread? The amount of reaching from certain Ally fans never ceases to amaze me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What in the Eternal Sun's name
    cringeworthy roleplaying

has my post ANYTHING to do with that thread?
    i dont know if you are intentionally trying to be obtuse but Ill give the benefit of doubt.

@Darth-Piekus responded to @Feanoro
    Then you have a playerbase who wants to be the big bad and not get penalised at the same time screaming their lungs off the moment consequences come to the table. At the same time peace is boring and bland not realising that the Horde cannot exist as a villain faction if they are one of the two hero factions.
    his claim that the horde has a playerbase that wants to be big bad but complains when consequences hit.

your response is:
    reaching. faction bias and whataboutthis.

to which i quoted you an easy proof from the UPCOMING expansion that a certain individual Ysera in ardenweald who honestly is not even that judgemental or carries much weight in a faction war brought in 30seconds of focus on what the Horde did at Teldrassil, and we have a 23 page long thread about how its just oh so bad and so unfair to the horde.

which is exactly what @Darth-Piekus said. they want to be bad [teldrassil] but complain the moment theres consequences [that thread in question]

The amount of reaching from certain Ally fans never ceases to amaze me.
    if after 16 years of world of warcraft, and nearly a decade of now being able to make opposing faction characters on a pvp server, you still want to hold on to the stagnant view of "fer thz alliaz" "fur the hurdz", then you need to get with the times. You might be faction biased, but unlike you I enjoy and play both sides. get a better argument than "omg you are just a ______ fan!"

5+ Year Old Account
    <random gibberish>
    Are you roleplaying an Old God now? Your talk barely makes any sense, yet you pretend to have discovered a weird liaison between two completely different threads, that somehow explains... Idk, something
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-11-21 at 06:12 AM.

i dont know if you are intentionally trying to be obtuse but Ill give the benefit of doubt.
    His reply makes it perfectly clear. There are none so blind as those who will not see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I don't. But people who do are justified

if after 16 years of world of warcraft, and nearly a decade of now being able to make opposing faction characters on a pvp server, you still want to hold on to the stagnant view of "fer thz alliaz" "fur the hurdz", then you need to get with the times. You might be faction biased, but unlike you I enjoy and play both sides. get a better argument than "omg you are just a ______ fan!"
    Which is precisely why you constantly rail only about Horde players and why you're still projecting an unrelated thread onto @Soon-TM's post. A thread, that contrary to your accidental (I mean, how can it not be accidental given your very convincing "Look how totally impartial I am" spiel) misrepresentation actually isn't 23 pages of "Horde players weeping about Ysera asking them what's wrong with them", because that topic is barely even addressed in there. In the real (yet somehow not as "impartial") world, the OP was merely asking a question about the issue because of them hearing vague remarks about it from a WoW Youtuber that had no real details in the video they watched. And even after it was answered by @FelPlague that tangent was still barely explored or addressed and the thread continued covering derailing towards 20 different topics. That's how hard people were weeping about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    His reply makes it perfectly clear. There are none so blind as those who will not see.
    It's odd man. Some days you'd have a sound posts with actual points. Other days it's just a disappointing "omg you are just a ______ fan"

I got beta a month and some ago so went over and did the quest line in question and to call that part "scolding" would be "reaching" (the new buzzword)
    Last edited by Minikin; 2020-11-21 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You tell me, they committed genocide.
    "Genocide" in Warcraft is such a misnomer considering you can literally apply that to every tribe of Kobold you clean out of the gold mines.

It's only okay when the Alliance does it (TM).

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    "Genocide" in Warcraft is such a misnomer considering you can literally apply that to every tribe of Kobold you clean out of the gold mines.

It's only okay when the Alliance does it (TM).
    Yeah..show me the equivalent of Gilneas and Teldrassil.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah..show me the equivalent of Gilneas and Teldrassil.
    Arathi and all of northeastern Lordaeron, where humans genocided the native Troll population, with the aid of the high elves.