Whats the ilevel of the gear drops does the prepatch event drop when its out?

Which slots as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    link is so far correct as we know.
    grain of salt: the event is silent on PTR for quite some time now; we would be unaware of any change until we are called upon to test again OR event goes live after inhouse test.

another imperfection to note: the gear from the quartermasters covers 9 slots only. no weapons, no rings, trinkets etc. by our current knowledge we will have to poke the rares to fill those slots AND some classes currently are without a rare designated for their favourite weapons. for example if you want a bow you will have to kill everybody and their grandma of the 20 mobs and hope for the best. and 2h staves ? non existent same with caster trinkets

if the absence of the event from PTR is a good sign then something will change soon-ish. otherwise expect a shitstorm.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2020-10-25 at 12:04 AM.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

if the absence of the event from PTR is a good sign then something will change soon-ish. otherwise expect a shitstorm.

Thanks for the information! I will be expecting Number Two......

Stay safe and have fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    do you have to be level 50 to participate? or can you do this stuff on alts like lvl 45 etc

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    do you have to be level 50 to participate? or can you do this stuff on alts like lvl 45 etc
    30 according to Wowhead. And gear is static at 100 so it's awesome for leveling

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    you better be 50, as the items require lvl 50 !

link is so far correct as we know.
    grain of salt: the event is silent on PTR for quite some time now; we would be unaware of any change until we are called upon to test again OR event goes live after inhouse test.

another imperfection to note: the gear from the quartermasters covers 9 slots only. no weapons, no rings, trinkets etc. by our current knowledge we will have to poke the rares to fill those slots AND some classes currently are without a rare designated for their favourite weapons. for example if you want a bow you will have to kill everybody and their grandma of the 20 mobs and hope for the best. and 2h staves ? non existent same with caster trinkets

You could always get a ring/trinket/weapon by doing something as difficult as a WQ

I really hope there is more to this event for level 50 players other than armor sets a lot of us already have and (Mythic 5 equivalent) gear we no longer need. If the only incentive is a "whopping" total of 2 bag slots, this will be a whole lot of nothing for people's mains. I can't believe there's no word on a mount.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You could always get a ring/trinket/weapon by doing something as difficult as a WQ
    pre-event is meant to gear you in fancy stuff for next to nothing effort and everything on a platin platter and yesterday pls.
    if those rares would drop the stuff or quartermaster expands its shop you are more than ready for SL withing 6 hours of activities of event.

remember: pre-event should be the last thing on your mind before launch, every other content is considered meaningless by then. those ilvl 100 niceties are more pretty than the gear the premade chars in beta wear through the maw-oribos questline, that's ilv75 only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    I really hope there is more to this event for level 50 players other than armor sets a lot of us already have and (Mythic 5 equivalent) gear we no longer need. If the only incentive is a "whopping" total of 2 bag slots, this will be a whole lot of nothing for people's mains. I can't believe there's no word on a mount.
    pre event is as usual meaningless for any mythic geared player. ilvl 100 is nyalotha normal, but this time for next to nothing skill and effort and meant for the alts or transmog.
    remember: chromie yanks alts back to normal timeline immediately upon lvl50 from whatever expansion they experienced chromie time leveling on warpspeed, no time to pick up full gear during level runs. and blizzard is totally ok with throwing BFA (level areas, dungeons, raids, whatever) out of the window; you are entitled to wait for pre event, poke the rares, exchange tokens for ilvl100 gear and done.

pre event is as usual meaningless for any mythic geared player. ilvl 100 is nyalotha normal, but this time for next to nothing skill and effort and meant for the alts or transmog.
    remember: chromie yanks alts back to normal timeline immediately upon lvl50 from whatever expansion they experienced chromie time leveling on warpspeed, no time to pick up full gear during level runs. and blizzard is totally ok with throwing BFA (level areas, dungeons, raids, whatever) out of the window; you are entitled to wait for pre event, poke the rares, exchange tokens for ilvl100 gear and done.
    I see you got your 5,076 posts by regurgitating in your own choice of words the exact same thing the people you quote had already said, with a hint of "stating the obvious" and "completely irrelevant points" sprinkled in as an attempt to mask the fact that you're essentially just spamming.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    I see you got your 5,076 posts by regurgitating in your own choice of words the exact same thing the people you quote had already said, with a hint of "stating the obvious" and "completely irrelevant points" sprinkled in as an attempt to mask the fact that you're essentially just spamming.
    dont ask questions already answered then. purpose of pre event was clear since it appeared on PTR. and no, it is not meant for everybody, it never was.

Are the gear BOA? Can you farm it on the main etc. Or is it better to farm on the alt you use the gear on cause its...well personal loot, eg cloth for cloth.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

pre-event is meant to gear you in fancy stuff for next to nothing effort and everything on a platin platter and yesterday pls.
    if those rares would drop the stuff or quartermaster expands its shop you are more than ready for SL withing 6 hours of activities of event.

remember: pre-event should be the last thing on your mind before launch, every other content is considered meaningless by then. those ilvl 100 niceties are more pretty than the gear the premade chars in beta wear through the maw-oribos questline, that's ilv75 only.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah basically the prelaunch stuff lately is "here's some gear so you can level faster in the coming expansion or maybe get some raiding in on a new alt"

dont ask questions already answered then. purpose of pre event was clear since it appeared on PTR. and no, it is not meant for everybody, it never was.
    "dont ask questions already answered then" does not address the comment I made toward you which you quoted, at all. There is also not a single question mark in my original comment. Those were statements giving my opinion on the pre-patch, the last of which gave people incentive to participate in on their mains with an incredible mount as the final reward. Your added input is redundant, unnecessary, regurgitative, and borderline spam.

Are you a bot or just hollow upstairs?
    dont ask questions already answered then.
    Oh, whoops! Oh well, it was a rhetorical question anyway.
    Last edited by Bootynuzzler; 2020-10-25 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Are the gear BOA? Can you farm it on the main etc. Or is it better to farm on the alt you use the gear on cause its...well personal loot, eg cloth for cloth.
    I don't think they've ever been, but your question could easily have been answered faster with the link provided earlier.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I don't think they've ever been, but your question could easily have been answered faster with the link provided earlier.
    when pre event was live on PTR: all tokens and gear were bop. bring your main to icecrown for the transmog and then the alts as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Yeah basically the prelaunch stuff lately is "here's some gear so you can level faster in the coming expansion or maybe get some raiding in on a new alt"
    leveling faster ? well, it warrants your survival upon arrival in SL at least.
    dunno it it is a spoiler, but for the first hour or so not a single new item finds its way into your bags. you better grab your best gear and then you'll leave Azeroth behind for a wild ride into SL