remove role icons from raid frames

hello guys,

is there a way to remove role icons from the default raid frames? finding out the name via fstack and hiding them is not a permanent solution sadly. they will show again after a minute or two even if i dont phase and just stand still. i found a code to remove the names on raid frames already if anyone is interested btw :D

edit: i included the code for removing names on default raid frames permanently

hooksecurefunc("CompactUnitFrame_UpdateName",function()
    local i=1
    local name
    repeat
    name = _G["CompactRaidFrame"..i.."Name"]
    if name then
    name:Hide()
    end
    i=i+1
    until not name
    end)

any way to rewrite it so it works for role icons?

any help is very much appreciated
    Last edited by Huf; 2020-10-26 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added a screenshot

No idea how to do it on wow basic raid frame but if you are willing to go as far as using shaddy code, I would suggest to install Grid2 or Vuhdo for easy and rather secure modification of your interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    No idea how to do it on wow basic raid frame but if you are willing to go as far as using shaddy code, I would suggest to install Grid2 or Vuhdo for easy and rather secure modification of your interface.
    thanks for the suggestion, but i definitely want to keep using the default frames

- - - Updated - - -

-- SOLVED --

i found a code which apparently removes role icons + names. i was able to replace the code in the first post with this one:

local f=CreateFrame("frame")
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(self)
    DefaultCompactUnitFrameOptions.displayRoleIcon = false
    end)

and that removed it for me

only works when "keep groups together" is selected tho

Good job, glad you could solve your problem.

thank you very much, im happy

Came here to help, but looks like you got it figured out. Score one for the good guys.