Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's this thing you can do called communication. Before the group starts let them know you're unfamiliar with the route and ask for suggestions.
    Oh I got you: let me tell you what happened the first time I told them I don't know it perfectly but I have actually studied: they kicked me out right before the countdown (meaning if I LIED they would let me in).
    Anyway I did figure out a big mistake i was doing: in that: I was trying after doing sub-10+ keys to go to the 15+ keys and that's pretty stupid because an early 10+ key is pretty great for learning Awakened well.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2020-11-01 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That's wrong especially because you CAN LEARN the current 5mans WITHOUT STUDYING youtube or imports of addons. The main reason this affix frustrated me was that it was an insanely steep learning curve if you enter the expansion now (which is what I did).
    Anyway I did exaggerate a little bit too because my first experiences with it included Junkyard which is insanely confusing on Awakened if you don't know the 5man for weeks or months while at least half of the other 5mans are pretty straight forward.
    Nono that's exactly my point! In content where there are no stakes, there's not a great deal of responsibility either. Obviously when you're doing more advanced forms of the same content, and there's a risk that you spend X minutes only to end up with a depleted key, everybody has at least some responsibility to make sure that the key gets timed. Like it's not an obligation, but for the sake of everyone's time being respected and their expectations met there is an ethical consideration there for sure.

Same thing applies in mythic raids for example - if someone turns up and doesn't understand the fights, they get swapped out to avoid unnecessary mistakes affecting 19 other people's enjoyment of the session.

Idk man obviously I'm being hyperbolic for effect but equally I've been in enough runs that would have been timed were it not for an individual for it to get under my skin a bit haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Nono that's exactly my point! In content where there are no stakes, there's not a great deal of responsibility either. Obviously when you're doing more advanced forms of the same content, and there's a risk that you spend X minutes only to end up with a depleted key, everybody has at least some responsibility to make sure that the key gets timed. Like it's not an obligation, but for the sake of everyone's time being respected and their expectations met there is an ethical consideration there for sure.

Same thing applies in mythic raids for example - if someone turns up and doesn't understand the fights, they get swapped out to avoid unnecessary mistakes affecting 19 other people's enjoyment of the session.

Idk man obviously I'm being hyperbolic for effect but equally I've been in enough runs that would have been timed were it not for an individual for it to get under my skin a bit haha.
    Anyway yeah I have to accept that the game practically needs "studying it", however I will say that this need is VERY diminished if you play very frequently from the start of the expansion (e.g. you'd know the 5mans very well because you'd do them 5 times on normal and 5 times on heroic before even you can do mythic+).
    I think there's a lot of infighting in groups in this game because of the divide between people that were playing non-stop for many months (or years) and those that enter or re-enter the game recently and you get a lot of "how can you not know this?" and others are like "it's normal because I wasn't playing that much".

Oh I got you: let me tell you what happened the first time I told them I don't know it perfectly but I have actually studied: they kicked me out right before the countdown (meaning if I LIED they would let me in).
    Anyway I did figure out a big mistake i was doing: in that: I was trying after doing sub-10+ keys to go to the 15+ keys and that's pretty stupid because an early 10+ key is pretty great for learning Awakened well.
    One singular bad experience is not a good way to label all experiences afterward. You also have to consider that it was your choice to come into this expansion this late in the game and it's pretty unfair for you to blame other people for your lack of experience.

Anyway yeah I have to accept that the game practically needs "studying it", however I will say that this need is VERY diminished if you play very frequently from the start of the expansion (e.g. you'd know the 5mans very well because you'd do them 5 times on normal and 5 times on heroic before even you can do mythic+).
    I think there's a lot of infighting in groups in this game because of the divide between people that were playing non-stop for many months (or years) and those that enter or re-enter the game recently and you get a lot of "how can you not know this?" and others are like "it's normal because I wasn't playing that much".
    Yeah for sure, that's a big problem. It's even worse for people who are learning WoW for the first time; by and large the community is pretty intolerant of people trying to learn the game, even in completely trivial content like levelling dungeons and it's really discouraging.

For me at least I'm pretty chill about stuff like that, as long as I know up front so everyone can set their expectations properly. Really I think expectations are key in all of this because the frustration comes in when people anticipate something going a certain way and feel like they've been misled by not knowing up front that there could be problems. Maybe some sort of indicator that someone is new/returning would go some way to alleviating the problem, but it could also backfire if people just refused to invite those players altogether - it's a tricky one.

They wouldn't kick you out right before the countdown otherwise that would mean they bricked the key purposefully. So either they were planning on it the entire time or you are skewing the story.

Secondly, basing all your experiences off one isn't the way to do it at all either.

Playing the tank means knowing what to pull, So you can rest assured they did consider tanks..