[TV] Netflix - The Queen's Gambit

"The Queen's Gambit centers the life of an orphan chess prodigy named Beth Harmon from the age of eight to twenty-two, as she struggles with addiction in a quest" to become a grandmaster in chess."

It's been on Netflix for a couple days. Loving it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    "The Queen's Gambit centers the life of an orphan chess prodigy named Beth Harmon from the age of eight to twenty-two, as she struggles with addiction in a quest" to become a grandmaster in chess."

It's been on Netflix for a couple days. Loving it.
    Just a fantastic series - wife and I binged it in two evenings (kids and work juggling). Wonderful and powerful female lead. Great story. Super supporting characters. Beautiful ending.

Seeing a lot of people complaining that there won't be a second season. Not sure why people would want to try and improve on perfection. Season 2 just will not happen. Anyone who watched Big Little Lies can see what might happen with a forced second season.

I loved it as well. First look at just the cover made me think this was another militant feminazi propaganda with girls vs men. But this show truly showed how to make a really good female lead without any of that shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was a great show as well. Hesitantly gave it a shot and then ended up binging it over the course of two nights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid series. Taylor-Joy was a, um... joy.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi