Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Store is ALOT cheaper than many of the gold sinks ingame. What is the problem???

Wherever it is a new store mount, charity pet or a 6 months bonus the argument "It should have been earnable ingame" Always comes up

And I am completely flabbergasted. IT IS EARNABLE INGAME IS IT NOT??? Can't you buy a WoW token and convert it into balance? A US WoW token goes for 150K gold a piece which buys literally anything in the store besides an entire expansion pack (And even at 300K gold its still very cheap). Compare that to the Brutosaur for 5 Million gold or the Spider for 2 Million gold. Hell I've used that ammount on just repairs throughout BFA Alone

What exactly is the problem again? Most people I know have that kind of money, and If you aren't the laziest person in the world like me getting it isn't that hard. And even if you're lazy, then you wouldn't have been able to earn it if it was earnable ingame anyway. Let's even talk about the new wings. You get it for subbing for 6 months. What is the problem? You literally get it for playing the game.

Active Mod Warnings in this thread:

Since we've already had a thread on this topic go pear-shaped, this is a general warning to keep it civil and constructive in this thread as well. Don't fling insults, personal barbs, or anything else not related to the actual topic.

Let's also steer clear of real-world politics and the like, no need to derail this thread with unrelated political discussion or arguments.
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2020-10-20 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added Mod Warning(s)
    An'u belore delen'na

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    No worries about the ingame store from me. Tie whatever you want to a 6 month subscription and introduce something unique..... good business plan! I will let my wife's recurring 6 month subscription snag it. She has never taken a time out since Vanilla so it's just something nice for doing nothing extra.

Stay safe and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Wherever it is a new store mount, charity pet or a 6 months bonus the argument "It should have been earnable ingame" Always comes up

And I am completely flabbergasted. IT IS EARNABLE INGAME IS IT NOT??? Can't you buy a WoW token and convert it into balance? A US WoW token goes for 150K gold a piece which buys literally anything in the store besides an entire expansion pack (And even at 300K gold its still very cheap). Compare that to the Brutosaur for 5 Million gold or the Spider for 2 Million gold. Hell I've used that ammount on just repairs throughout BFA Alone

What exactly is the problem again? Most people I know have that kind of money, and If you aren't the laziest person in the world like me getting it isn't that hard. And even if you're lazy, then you wouldn't have been able to earn it if it was earnable ingame anyway. Let's even talk about the new wings. You get it for subbing for 6 months. What is the problem? You literally get it for playing the game.

Alot of gamers like to hate on Sjws for getting offended all the time yet they whine and complain about the smallest and most illogical things themselves. So hypocritical
    What the hell is this? What are you asking? What is there to discuss that couldnt be discussed in the active thread about the new fairy wings? And what the hell does it have to do with SJW?

I like using gold I earn in-game, not the shop, to get items from in-game. It's not that hard of a concept.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

What exactly is the problem again? Most people I know have that kind of money,
    Then you know some very rich people. The vast majority of the playerbase has yet to see even their first million gold sitting there waiting to be spent. Sure, you may have been spending that on repairs, but most have not gathered enough gold to HAVE 1 million.

and If you aren't the laziest person in the world like me getting it isn't that hard. And even if you're lazy, then you wouldn't have been able to earn it if it was earnable ingame anyway.
    That's so wrong on so many levels. It's not about being lazy, it's about playing the game differently and for different reasons. And if it WAS earnable through some ingame event/puzzle/achievement, a lot of people would be able to earn it, even if lazy as hell. But since it's not earnable ingame, you cannot say for sure that lazy people wouldn't get it. You have nothing to back up your point. Many people go out of their way to do stuff they wouldn't normally do, simply because it rewards them with something they want. I personally don't like PVP, but I sure as hell did my towers back in Legion to get marks so I could buy transmogs with them. I don't give a damn about honor and ranks and pvp rewards, I just wants mogs.

Children just wanna be outraged, however minor or stupid it is....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why shouldn't it be items obtained from secret-finding, or a coffer from a raid drop a la the Dark Shaman set?

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad this stupid-ass set exists and I'm sorely tempted to make the edgiest character I can design just to wrap them up in it for a giggle, and pieces of it will fit nicely in existing transmogs. My problem is that a game with a monthly subscription and box sales shouldn't be double-dipping. Especially when you and I both know they're going to make it 'seasonal' to encourage FOMO sales, something they've conveniently forgotten to mention in the initial preview just like every other time they arbitrarily made something limited-availability without being up-front about it.

"It's earnable ingame, you just have to buy the tokens and convert them into out-of-game cash," is a facetious argument and we both know it, OP. When people say they want cash shop items to be obtainable ingame, they mean through more than letting Auctionator play the AH for them for a few weeks and bringing out-of-game transactions into the equation at all.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Yes your are correct, you can earn it via wow tokens exchanged with in-game currency.

It is a matter of principle. People are angry because we pay a subscription and buy an expansion every 2 years just so they can put one of the most unique transmog in a store. People who are angry view this as a step for Blizzard to inch there way to adding more unique sets attached to a paywall. Unique sets that should be in the game and not behind a pay wall.

But... but its free because you get it with a 6 month sub. That is 100% true, for now. Players who cannot afford to pay an upfront cost for a 6month sub or a future player will/do not have this "free" option available to them. This strategy hurts minorities (who do not have the privileged to splurge on a 6month sub) and new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflash View Post
    But... but its free because you get it with a 6 month sub. That is 100% true, for now. Players who cannot afford to pay an upfront cost for a 6month sub or a future player will/do not have this "free" option available to them. This strategy hurts minorities (who do not have the privileged to splurge on a 6month sub) and new players.
    Not that I agree with the OP, but this is an odd argument. If someone's money is so tight that they can't afford a six month sub, then they can't afford having a WoW sub in the first place. Upfront cost or not.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I like using gold I earn in-game, not the shop, to get items from in-game. It's not that hard of a concept.
    Having a mild preference for one form of transaction, even though you're quite capable of making the other form isn't a particularly compelling point.

The fact is the OP is right that this is earn-able via in-game means. That you'd have to transfer gold to tokens doesn't negate that.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    That's so wrong on so many levels. It's not about being lazy, it's about playing the game differently and for different reasons. And if it WAS earnable through some ingame event/puzzle/achievement, a lot of people would be able to earn it, even if lazy as hell. But since it's not earnable ingame, you cannot say for sure that lazy people wouldn't get it. You have nothing to back up your point. Many people go out of their way to do stuff they wouldn't normally do, simply because it rewards them with something they want. I personally don't like PVP, but I sure as hell did my towers back in Legion to get marks so I could buy transmogs with them. I don't give a damn about honor and ranks and pvp rewards, I just wants mogs.
    Ok, how many mounts/Transmogs/Pets are availlable to earn ingame? A quick search told me around 4342 mounts/Transmogs/Pets combined. "Oh but those are reskins". Some are, and some make store mounts look like poo.

How many mounts/pets/transmogs are in the shop? 40? Less? Let's not forget the fact that the even removed 3 of the helmets and got rid of the apperance change service

So you say, people do different things for different reasons. Has it ever occoured to you that some people would rather just blow a bunch of gold instead of doing a puzzle that you'll have to look up online because it makes no sense anyway or grinding that level 70 boss for that sweet 1% droprate...
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2020-10-20 at 10:02 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Fact that you alredy giving ingame gold real life currency value shows how toxic token is to the game. No matter what you buy flash or mount its hold real life currency value whihc is insane to have in freaking video game. Imagine you buy flask. Look i just spent 50 cents on flask from what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflash View Post
    You're missing the forest for the trees.

Yes your are correct, you can earn it via wow tokens exchanged with in-game currency.

It is a matter of principle. People are angry because we pay a subscription and buy an expansion every 2 years just so they can put one of the most unique transmog in a store. People who are angry view this as a step for Blizzard to inch there way to adding more unique sets attached to a paywall. Unique sets that should be in the game and not behind a pay wall.

If iti s a matter of principle then why isn't the FFXIV which has a lot worse microtransactions not flooded with hate and bile over it? Simply out turn off all emotions and preconceptions and tell me this. As a species why is 1 ok 1 not. go.

The problem is that people are petty.

No other reason. The store only has cosmetics. The store items can be earned in-game thanks to the token. Is there a sub? Yep, and you can easily choose not to buy shit from the store for real money.

Same thing every time there's an addition to the store. The same people get angry, nothing changes. It'd need a community-wide outrage rather than the usual vocal minority. Like what happened during WoD with the moose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Since we've already had a thread on this topic go pear-shaped, this is a general warning to keep it civil and constructive in this thread as well. Don't fling insults, personal barbs, or anything else not related to the actual topic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Fact that you alredy giving ingame gold real life currency value shows how toxic token is to the game. No matter what you buy flash or mount its hold real life currency value whihc is insane to have in freaking video game. Imagine you buy flask. Look i just spent 50 cents on flask from what a joke.
    There was always real life currency value in this game. Goldbuying and RMT says hello. Been there since Vanilla.

As someone having paid everything but physical CE's with the token since the end of WoD, I've saved a lot of real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think their main complaints is that it's not profitable for an healthy good game aiming to be good to do that, so having blizzard doing that is just sad for them because they love wow

I would think so too if I didn't considered wow over by now; you can play each expansion offline although unofficially, but the big stuff is delivered, will be remembered, loved, preserved, and the things they add on top have been notably inferior or disrespectful towards the previous work done

things 100x worse than the wow shop - tcg mounts and removed boe from cata
    tcg mounts in particular are completely incomprehensible, blizz makes no money off it when it's sold on ebay, do they even know this exists?
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-10-20 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The problem is that people are petty.

No other reason. The store only has cosmetics. The store items can be earned in-game thanks to the token. Is there a sub? Yep, and you can easily choose not to buy shit from the store for real money.

Same thing every time there's an addition to the store. The same people get angry, nothing changes. It'd need a community-wide outrage rather than the usual vocal minority. Like what happened during WoD with the moose.
    I dont think they have ever added an item to the store that has made me think "omg i HAVE to get that!"

And this is no exception - personally, i think they look absolutely terrible and would never use them. Which means i really couldnt care if they were $5, or $500. I guess for someone who really loved them they might be disappointed, but i just cant relate.

Alot of gamers like to hate on Sjws for getting offended all the time yet they whine and complain about the smallest and most illogical things themselves. So hypocritical

Active Mod Warnings in this thread:

I agree. I think its , why do we have gear, why do we need to level kind of mentality. Wanting everything for free.
    Blizzard gives this to subscribers who stay loyal. Its our bonus for paying in advance.

Most of the time the people who dislike it and ask about how they are subscribed its either: pay with gold when they want to play. Or come back for patches/expanansion and then leave.
    As yes there are some very expensive mounts. But do you need those mounts NOPE. They are gold sinks for people with to much gold/time on their hands.
    I know people will say: but it has a auction hall etc on it. Yes and you most likely have 2 or 3 hs to quickly get to one yourself.

wait...what? This is new to me that gamers in general are anti left. Because lest be real sjw is a term used for the whole left these days.
    And yes i agree, its general snowflake behavior. They are very hypocrytical .

I have no problem neither with store mounts / goodies nor loyalty rewards for 6-month sub, in fact I enjoy them a lot and have every single store mount and a couple other things. However, I can also see the flaw in the argument that you provide, OP. Some people argue that introducing any MTX to the game at all is a slippery slope that will eventually cause the game to be fully pay to win and all that stuff. And they argue that adding real money stuff is unfair and causes the game to be less fun or something They aren't just angry that they have to pay money for something in the game. They take this grandiose messiah-like position, where they "care for the health of the game".

For you to be able to pay with in-game gold for those items, someone has to sell you the wow token that they bought with real money. In other words, even if it's theoretically possible to just buy them with gold, someone else has to spend additional real money over the subscription fee in order for others to be able to do that.

Of course the world (of warcraft) won't end because there are a couple cosmetics in a real cash shop, and it certainly won't end because we are getting free goodies for having a 6-month subscribtion. Behaving like the game is gonna die because of that is pretty idiotic. However, your argument doesn't really solve the issues some people have with MTX at all.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    wait...what? This is new to me that gamers in general are anti left. Because lest be real sjw is a term used for the whole left these days.
    And yes i agree, its general snowflake behavior. They are very hypocrytical .
    Gamers in general? No. Influential youtube/twitch creators, their fanbases, and the vocal minority ranting on social media? Yes. The latter groups are almost completely right wing / incel dominated.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.