Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you remember your first day at school?

i remember my first day at high school , travelling to the school with my friends from primary school and figuring out everything.

Yes. I remember the whole day clearly.

I had to sleep over at my cousin's place because we were moving at the time. When I woke up, my aunt got us both dresses and my mom showed up to take us to school. On the way we got cheese sandwiches and ate them on the walk.

I did not know what school was really and thought we were going to the doctor or something. The floors of the school were speckled black and green. It was somewhat dimly lit. From the entrance, we made a left, walked past a bathroom, and a few rooms that each had their door closed. I could see kids inside and asked my mom what was going on; she said I was going to school now. Then handed me a backpack, purple with like swirling stars on it and lighter purple straps.

We stopped at one of the rooms further down and the teacher came out to greet us. Talking with my mom, then she knelt to introduce herself to me. Her breath was rank.

I went in with my mom, tons of kids playing, there was a large walk-in closet to the right of the entryway. Three of us walked in and my mom took off my jacket and backpack and the teacher placed them on a hook. My mom said to go play with the other kids and listen to the teacher. So I did. My mom stood around for a bit and at some point left and I didn't notice for a bit.

It was a lot. I still dream about my elementary school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really but I was one of the ones who cried when Mom and Dad were leaving.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember being at school, but I oddly do remember getting ready in the morning for it and my mom took a picture of me in the doorway before we left. It's still on the wall in her house.

Not a chance, that was 53 years ago

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

5+ Year Old Account

Best Game Ever.

First day of kindergarten?

My parents didn't have a second car, so I had to learn to ride the bus at 5. An older girl in the neighborhood was tasked with making sure all the little kids got to where they were going.

I went to my classroom, one kid there was crying because he didn't understand what was going. He literally only spoke Arabic and his family had just immigrated to the States. Along with me and one other black girl, we were the first 3 non-white kids to go to this school, ever. This wasn't in the 60s, it was 1986 in suburban, blue collar Buffalo.

I also met my best friend that day. He had the same He-Man lunchbox as me, and that's all it took.

High school was different. My best friend was a varsity offensive lineman when we were freshmen. First day of the year, the seniors would put in like $5 each and put it and the very back of the bus and challenge any freshman to go get it while they tried to beat the shit out of him. My best friend made $80 that day without even breaking a sweat on two rounds, most of the seniors were too scared to even hit him. He was 320 pounds, 6'2" and could kick any of their asses....and he was only 15.

High school was real easy. My freshman class was like 120 dudes, I knew like 10 just from my middle school, so we all had a little clique pretty much immediately.

No, not highschool, infant school or nursery. I wouldn't have thought anyone did before I read some of the accounts here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it was my first day but I do remember crying in first grade after my mom dropped me off. I didn't really like being "alone" at school at that age for some reason. It's probably because in Kindergarten my mom was literally always there volunteering so when that was gone I freaked out lol.

I don't really remember much else though. Just scattered memories from elementary school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post

Best Game Ever.
    I love how so many people have this shared memory. I loved this haha

Unfortunately, I do not remember my first day of school, but I do remember the first day of college well. On the first day, we were asked to write a very challenging essay, and I was shocked. A friend of mine said we couldn't do it tusk without help https://www.writingjudge.com/. I turned to these guys for help and wrote a brilliant research paper. With this service, I have earned a great reputation in college and studied on the highest grade.
    Last edited by MehHat; 2021-01-31 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kindergarten was quite traumatic for me because my teacher would hit me with a ruler anytime I wrote with my left hand. I don’t remember much because of that—I think I blocked most of it out. It’s not till my mum found out and the woman was fired, that I started to recall things, like playing with the class bunny and stuff.
    I grew up hearing about how my dad used to undergo the same treatment by his aunt over the same thing. It's probably some kind of superstition

I also write with the left hand and I have some memories of my own family pondering whether or not to try to make me write with the right hand. They never pursued it though.

To be honest I think I'm quite weird when it comes to that because the only thing I do with with my left hand is writing, holding a toothbrush and in martial arts I always felt more comfortable with my left feet and hand.

Holding a fork and knife, computer mouse and basically everything else like shooting a football I always defaulted to my right hand and foot.

Now that I think about it it's kinda weird

Yep.

I remember not knowing what the bell meant, at the end of recess. Stayed in the library eating and reading books until like an hour after, and my teacher was panicking about where I was.

I remember my first day at school and college very well, and I remember my entire student life. I really loved to study and even did all my homework on my own, I even wrote essays myself, using examples from the Internet, only sometimes I sent my work help me paraphrase for paraphrasing, so that the essays turned out to be unique and original, I always had a goal only good grades, so I tried to hand over all my work in perfect condition. Eh, those were good times.
    Last edited by HelenAS; 2020-12-14 at 05:39 AM.

I do actually, my dad took me to the wrong classroom, so we had to walk through the entire school to get to the right one.

What is with OP making all these pointless threads, almost compulsively.

Is this a phishing thing?

I have vague memories of sitting on some steps while my parents were trying to get me enrolled in Kindergarten. A few memories of First grade, mainly the room. 2nd is where more stuff starts to stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kindergarten was quite traumatic for me because my teacher would hit me with a ruler anytime I wrote with my left hand. I don’t remember much because of that—I think I blocked most of it out. It’s not till my mum found out and the woman was fired, that I started to recall things, like playing with the class bunny and stuff.
    My Aunt had her left hand tied down, so she'd write with her right hand, for her it worked out because she basically became ambidextrous.

Yep, I freaked out because my Mom left me in a strange place. I didn't get used to it for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not really but I was one of the ones who cried when Mom and Dad were leaving.
    That happened to me in kindergarden,but in primary school i was fine

also,i see a few other people were forced to stop being left handed as i was lol

its rly sad when supersition or weird tradional propaganda basicaly makes parents to abuse their kids like that,its almost as bad as genital mutilation,but in different ways

10+ Year Old Account
    Only glimpes of days at school. Thats it, wish I remembered way more.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember having gas and thinking every kid in class was staring at me and my teacher hated me for it.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.