Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW under DDOS attack right now

wHY do people do this? You literally get arrested a week or less later and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Is it honestly worth the laugh to go to jail for half of your life over?
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2020-10-25 at 05:32 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The world will know that free men stood against TheramoreIsTheBomb, that few stood against many. And before this battle is over, that even a god-king can bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malifaxis View Post
    The world will know that free men stood against TheramoreIsTheBomb, that few stood against many. And before this battle is over, that even a god-king can bleed.
    lol nice post. may use this as a signature in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's a slow login - But I can still get in. Just got to wait a min for your character list to load up.
    Here is something to believe in!

Weird timing for it is my only take on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's why I had a weirdly long log in screen.

I do agree with the OP's confusion though. I really don't get why people do this. I just don't understand this childish need some people have to make other people's lives a bit more miserable for their own entertainment. Like . . . grow the fuck up. I mean, clearly it doesn't affect me much since I got logged into the game and what not. It's just obnoxious.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

I do agree with the OP's confusion though. I really don't get why people do this. I just don't understand this childish need some people have to make other people's lives a bit more miserable for their own entertainment. Like . . . grow the fuck up. I mean, clearly it doesn't affect me much since I got logged into the game and what not. It's just obnoxious.
    They get their jollies off on annoying people, even if for trivial little things.

And frankly, I think that they enjoy that people "don't understand them."

So I really just try to pay them no mind; Blizzard will handle it, just as they've always done before, and this is another DDOS attack that will be forgotten within two days.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where is the source it is under a DDOS attack? Can't find it

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    wHY do people do this? You literally get addressed a week or less either and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Is it honestly worth the laugh to go to jail for half of your life over?
    because they're bored? or they're angry about whatever and are taking it out on WoW

You literally get addressed a week or less either and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    No, not really. It's very rare that they find out who actually ddos'.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, besides the long log-ins, people seem to be missing a lot of their transmogs and the +4 backpack authenticator slots

#BlameTrump
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Remember those Lizard Squad guys who are now happily enjoying federal prison?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account

Same reason why people create viruses, because either they're miserable people and want people to be miserable like them...they get off on other peoples misery...or most likely a combo of both

they need to get a life and rethink their choices however that might be too late. enjoy federal prison. looney toons.

they need to get a life and rethink their choices however that might be too late. enjoy federal prison. looney toons.
    So... you got a source for this or what? I don't see any reports on it.

As far as i know it's a screw up on their side.

wHY do people do this? You literally get arrested a week or less later and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Is it honestly worth the laugh to go to jail for half of your life over?
    tell me, who is going to arrest north korean or russian hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They get their jollies off on annoying people, even if for trivial little things.

And frankly, I think that they enjoy that people "don't understand them."

So I really just try to pay them no mind; Blizzard will handle it, just as they've always done before, and this is another DDOS attack that will be forgotten within two days.
    I can’t imagine being that much of an incel wanting to just “annoy” people just to go to jail for it. People are weird. I guess they genuinely think they won’t get caught, but like, DDOSSing a major company how can they even...

Federal prison? At worst they might get like 6 months in jail. More than likely they wont even be found or if they are blizz might not even bother to press charges

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    If it's not sanctioned their respective governments will. You may be surprised to know said governments have little interest in delaying logins to your video game of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Russian hackers would be arrested by russian police if its kids ddosing on their own. And obviously the russian government wouldn't go after a game, they have nothing to gain on it. North Korea, that would have to been sanctioned by Kim and co since regular people there doesn't even have internet access. And again, they would have no benefit of doing so, so they wouldn't