What are the rules of keeping quest items in the bank nowadays?

Can I keep any quest item in the bank? Does it depend totally randomly on the quest?

I've got quest stuff in my bank from classic and tbc, but you cant give the quest in if its in your bank, or at least you never used to be able to, you have to take it out to give it in.

Quote Originally Posted by nnighteelff View Post
    I've got quest stuff in my bank from classic and tbc, but you cant give the quest in if its in your bank, or at least you never used to be able to, you have to take it out to give it in.
    So you can never have a quest item in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    So you can never have a quest item in the bank.
    No, they said you can have quest items in your bank. The only difference is if you want to turn in the quest said item is for then you will lose the item. There's no magical way of keeping the item after turning in the quest. There are a few quests that have spill over that do that, however. Think of it as buying an item. You want to buy an item and your money is in the bank. When you go to buy the item they will still require the money in your bank and they won't give you an item for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No, they said you can have quest items in your bank. The only difference is if you want to turn in the quest said item is for then you will lose the item. There's no magical way of keeping the item after turning in the quest. There are a few quests that have spill over that do that, however. Think of it as buying an item. You want to buy an item and your money is in the bank. When you go to buy the item they will still require the money in your bank and they won't give you an item for free.
    I don't want to keep the item. I'm talking about giving it away without having to keep it in the char bags. In fact that's the whole point (saving bag space).

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I don't want to keep the item. I'm talking about giving it away without having to keep it in the char bags. In fact that's the whole point (saving bag space).
    That doesn't make any sense at all. In that case why not just turn the quest in and remove it altogether? Giving it away? You can't give quest items away. If you want to save bag space then don't do the quest?

The only time you would need to keep a quest item for a period of time are usually raid ones where you collect things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That doesn't make any sense at all. In that case why not just turn the quest in and remove it altogether? Giving it away? You can't give quest items away. If you want to save bag space then don't do the quest?

The only time you would need to keep a quest item for a period of time are usually raid ones where you collect things.
    I think the OP is indeed talking about turning in quest items that are in your bank.

@OP First of all, most quest items aren't even kept in your bag anymore. They go to a hidden quest items inventory and take up zero actual inventory.

As for the rest of the quest items, you've been able to turn in quests with quest items from your bank for several expansions at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*