Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    The only stupid thing done here was starting this idiotic thread to begin with.

the idea was stupid, the concept was stupid and i can only assume the creator is the same.
    Why is introducing the Dark Ranger class / spec a stupid idea?

Follow me:

The three most popular (and coolest) "heroes" of warcraft are: Arthas, Illidan and Sylvannas. (the latter fills a place so special in the heart of the developers that it is already the protagonist of the last 3 cinematics of the expansions).
    - Arthas is a Death Knight: Blizzard made this class playable.
    - Illidan is a Demon Hunter: Blizzard made this class playable.
    - Sylvannas is a Dark Ranger: Blizzard .... wtf?

You see?

In true, for me Dark Ranger should be a playable class and not just another Hunter spec. For reasons of lore many say that it would make more sense if it were a fourth Hunter spec.

I don't care which way the developers would deploy the Dark Ranger ... but it's unfortunate that we still don't playfully have the class of one of the most iconic characters in the game.
    If you stop to think rationally ... if we still don't have the option to play as Dark Ranger ... something is wrong.

As you can see it is not a stupid idea.

Also, playing as a ranged rogue with dark powers is something that would make many people abandon their main char and try the Dark Ranger. If a developer reads what I'm saying he will understand.
    It's sad that we still don't have that playable class in the game. It looks like someone at Blizzard got lazy halfway.
    But I'm sure that the time you continue to follow the flow of the playable hero-classes... Dark Ranger is INEVITABLE.

When that day comes we talk more.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-11-01 at 03:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Adding a dark ranger spec/class is a dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    No offense, for some reason you don't like your Rogue as much as you used to, but don't use that as an excuse to mess with a different class.
    Dude, I loved what you said in that sentence. It is just that.
    I would love to be able to do with my rogue in wow the same way I do with my Thief in Guil Wars 2: To be able to continue with the dark and stealthy style and use a ranged weapon at the same time.
    (by the way ... if you haven't played with Thief Dead Eye on GW2 ... you still don't know what real fun is).

Yes, it looks like you looked inside and into my soul. I want a Rogue Ranged and I strongly believe that the Dark Ranger would be perfect for this.

I can't understand how it would mess up the Hunters' class. If there are Dark Rangers in the game ... and they use bows ... intruding them as a fourth spec for Hunter (after all, Sylvannas was once a Hunter) would make perfect sense.

Some Hunters might not like the idea. For these there will still be another 3 specs to choose from.

As you can see everything is very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Man, haha .. seriously ... may God allow me to return to this topic when the inevitable path of things happens. hahah ..! Do you really think they will never introduce the Sylvannas class to the game?
    Tinker ?? Hahah ... Who is mekkatorque compared to Sylvannas ?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I can't understand how it would mess up the Hunters' class. If there are Dark Rangers in the game ... and they use bows ... intruding them as a fourth spec for Hunter (after all, Sylvannas was once a Hunter) would make perfect sense.

Some Hunters might not like the idea. For these there will still be another 3 specs to choose from.

As you can see everything is very simple.
    That's kind of the thing really.

It would not make perfect sense. Sylvanas was a Ranger of the High Elves, yes, and many aspects of a ranger fits that of the Hunter class as well.

However...

Neither Sylvanas nor other Dark Rangers are what you would call "rangers" anymore. They maintain their use of a bow, sure, but that's about it as far as the Hunter fantasy goes.

The rest of what they do, their abilities, their powers, are the literal opposite to what Hunters are all about.

It would pretty much be the same as if you said that the Unholy spec for DKs would fit perfectly as a 4th Paladin spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, haha .. seriously ... may God allow me to return to this topic when the inevitable path of things happens. hahah ..! Do you really think they will never introduce the Sylvannas class to the game?
    Tinker ?? Hahah ... Who is mekkatorque compared to Sylvannas ?? lol
    I didn't say they will never add the dark ranger or that i wanted another class like tinker. What i said is "Adding a dark ranger spec/class is a dumb idea." and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post

The rest of what they do, their abilities, their powers, are the literal opposite to what Hunters are all about.
    Ok. No problem. I would be just as happy (actually happier) if the Dark Ranger was a unique class.
    The only problem we have on the horizon will be the thousands of jealous Hunters because another class is using bows ...

I didn't say they will never add the dark ranger or that i wanted another class like tinker. What i said is "Adding a dark ranger spec/class is a dumb idea." and that's it.
    It is true. You just said that.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is true. You just said that.
    And you throw a temper tantrum because someone didn't like the same thing as you.

10+ Year Old Account
    good luck.....i said this a while ago..

Saying this idea is dumb is like saying water is wet.

you really dont have to say it, it just is. saying it is redundant.

good luck.....i said this a while ago..

Saying this idea is dumb is like saying water is wet.

you really dont have to say it, it just is. saying it is redundant.
    Wrong. Anyone can prove that the water is wet. It's a fact.
    Can you prove to me that adding Dark Ranges as a playable class is dumb? If so, prove me with facts. Why it is dumb?
    Let me repeat something I said above:
    Other points:
    - Sylvannas was the protagonist of the last 3 cinematics of wow expansion.
    - Sylvannas is the most searched wow character on google.
    - Sylvannas is the character that sold the most statues or action figures.
    The facts above prove that many fans (and the developers themselves) love the Dark Ranger named Sylvannas!!

Why did Arthas (DK) and Illidan (DH) have their classes becoming playable and Sylvannas (Dark Ranger) not yet?

As u can see... "dumb" is the fact that we don't have playable Dark Ranger yet. ❤
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-11-02 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. Anyone can prove that the water is wet. It's a fact.
    Can you prove to me that adding Dark Ranges as a playable class is dumb? If so, prove me with facts. Why it is dumb?
    Let me repeat something I said above:
    Other points:
    - Sylvannas was the protagonist of the last 3 cinematics of wow expansion.
    - Sylvannas is the most searched wow character on google.
    - Sylvannas is the character that sold the most statues or action figures.
    The facts above prove that many fans (and the developers themselves) love the Dark Ranger named Sylvannas!!

Why did Arthas (DK) and Illidan (DH) have their classes becoming playable and Sylvannas (Dark Ranger) not yet?

As u can see... "dumb" is the fact that we don't have playable Dark Ranger yet. ❤
    I can prove that you are dumb....all you have to do is go back and read anything you have said in this entire thread.

hero classes have been nothing but headaches and bad news for WoW. Everyone complains that they are either OP...OMG.......NURF BAT!!!!! then they complain about them being nurfed....headache after headache!

And those were good, playable, unique new classes. this dark rangers, bastard ranged melee thing, whatever you call it seems confusing as all hell. shit, its your thread and the abilities you described were horrible. all of them. you want, need and love this class and your ideas sucked.

I dont see anymore hero classes in the near future.

Idea=Dumb
    You=bad ideas

next class is like 95% dark ranger. theres a reason they removed the iconic dark ranger spell Black Arrow from hunters and did not add any dark ranger elf customization in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    We would likely see a separation of sv as a 4th spec than this. Sorry to say buddy
    I mean, they could actually take the old SV spec and re-dress it as Dark Ranger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    next class is like 95% dark ranger. theres a reason they removed the iconic dark ranger spell Black Arrow from hunters and did not add any dark ranger elf customization in SL.
    Hope this is true, though I see it as unlikely.

I can prove that you are dumb....all you have to do is go back and read anything you have said in this entire thread.

hero classes have been nothing but headaches and bad news for WoW. Everyone complains that they are either OP...OMG.......NURF BAT!!!!! then they complain about them being nurfed....headache after headache!

And those were good, playable, unique new classes. this dark rangers, bastard ranged melee thing, whatever you call it seems confusing as all hell. shit, its your thread and the abilities you described were horrible. all of them. you want, need and love this class and your ideas sucked.

I dont see anymore hero classes in the near future.

Idea=Dumb
    You=bad ideas
    Your idea sounds dumb

I can prove that you are dumb....

Dark Ranger does not really belong to Hunters imho.
    Dark rangers are about undead summoning/necromancy, mind control, life draining, anti-magic etc.
    The fact that dark rangers use a bow seems more related to elven aesthetics.

I would rather see it as a spec for a Necromancer class - or perhaps a 4th spec for DKs or Priests.
    No aspect of the Hunter class (beasts, animals, nature, explosives, mastery of guns/bows...) feels connected to the Dark Ranger theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    see that?
    even she cant believe how dumb this idea was...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Your idea sounds dumb
    your comment is dumb...

there is absolutely no idea in my statements. I didn't put one forth or ask for anyone's approval of one.

I will give you an idea though. learn to read and understand something before you comment on it. Now THERE is a good idea.

there is absolutely no idea in my statements. I didn't put one forth or ask for anyone's approval of one.

I will give you an idea though. learn to read and understand something before you comment on it. Now THERE is a good idea.
    "I dont see anymore hero classes in the near future."

That is an idea. So dumb.