Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You're thinking about the Chronicles alignment chart, aren't you? Don't take that too literally. A force doesn't necessarily have to be opposed only to its polar opposite. The Light and the Legion are infamous enemies not in direct opposition. Most everyone is opposed to Death. The Titans, despite being arcane and opposed to fel wielded practically every known school of magic.
    No im thinking of my direct experience with the beta. And everything in the maw.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Manduin, an Arthas reenactment? Hardly. If anything, he's being set up as an anti-Arthas, i.e. what Arthas could have been had he not gone full Darth Vader. Much like Varian was introduced with the sole purpose of being the "good" counterpart to Garry.
    I'm thinking Sylvanas = Mal'ganis, and Fourth War = Hearthglen; then Sylvanas will mold Anduin into some corrupt bastard for us to (finally) kill
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably gonna end up having to beat his ass in a raid due to him being mced or some shit.
    Maybe he will come out of this having ptsd From all the torture.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I'm thinking Sylvanas = Mal'ganis, and Fourth War = Hearthglen; then Sylvanas will mold Anduin into some corrupt bastard for us to (finally) kill
    May the Eternal Sun hear you, brother/sister
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I have a sparkle of hope left for the writers that they plot twist us with anduin just straight up dying in sl, like his father in legion. Turning him into a martyr instead of a mary sue.

Ill be honest i'm not a fan of Anduin but i didn't want it to turn into a "i hate Anduin thread either" i just wanted to explore the reasons why he was chosen (although that may open the doors for more unfavorable discussions) but more so what's the intent here and what the likely outcome would be? etc?

Him beeing chosen AGAIN is just shitty writing.

Anduin is a special character... yet again. not really surprised to be honest.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    So i finished one of the longest runs in Torghast, was about 17 floors, anyway Bolvar sends you to find clues to Anduin's wearabouts.

After you get these clues, this interaction ensues.

In the quest Blurb after I hand in, Bolvar says that we cannot allow Sylvannas to carry out her plans. Then this interaction between Thrall, Baine, Jaina, Calia and Bolvar takes place.

So what's the deal? they trying to corrupt Anduin? What makes him so special?

Fyi: There's a cut scene but they don't show it, just a place holder. This activates after Bolvar tells you to attune to the helm so he could peer inside the maw.

Just a theory but I believe he will sacrifice himself to bring his father back.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
    Just a theory but I believe he will sacrifice himself to bring his father back.
    Why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    Shadow spec Anduin incoming

shadow priests are the op class of shadowlands, maybe that's a clue
    I think it is going to be a realization that none of the forces like light or void are inherently good or bad it is how/why you use those powers.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Why do you think that?
    His regrets that he wasn’t there when it happened, the remorse and the fact that He is a priest of the light , and that he would do what he thought was right. Now if King Llane is there he may stop him.

I’m basing this off of the devs saying we will see old faces , and some of the people who go into the maw will not return. They didn’t specify if old ones won’t make it out either

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm confused as to *why* Anduin. It all just seems personal, since I can't see Anduin fulfilling any prophecies where he's truly the best choice over anyone else. Hilariously the only characters who'd be hurt by his death are the same ones who'd take the high ground and "forgive and forget".

Also wouldn't it have been easier for Sylvanas to just wage war on the void if she wanted souls? Void-Naaru literally consume/absorb souls, they're pockets of everything she needs. What's one planet compared to an expanding network of chandeliers housing millennia of souls.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Thrall calling us Maw Walker is cringe, Anduin being so special that he's not just killed or tortured, but being molded into a weapon... don't worry, his specialness will pull through and he'll just be more powerful than the baddies in the end. He's such a special boy, so chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This is the quality content I'm after but that Blizzard fails to deliver.

Past that, boy am I glad that I'm going to spend the expansion rescuing the God-King from hell so he can save us from Sylvanas' vague plan to kill everyone because she's sad.
    Do we have to rescue Anduin as a horde character? WHy doesn't blizzard understand that players don't give a shit or are antagonistic towards NPC's from the other faction? How many times does this shit have to happen?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-28 at 05:15 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Do we have to rescue Anduin as a horde character? WHy doesn't blizzard understand that players don't give a shit or are antagonistic towards NPC's from the other faction? How many times does this shit have to happen?
    Especially when said character from the opposing faction happens to be a full fledged Mary Sue. It even happened with us Hordies and our own Thrall Sue back in Cata... They really ruined him back then.

And as @MikeBogina just said, "Maw Walker" is a whole new level of cringe. And here I was thinking that Magni and his CHAMPYUN all day long would be hard to beat
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I really hope the high quality cinematic hinted at by the Jailer's picture on the PC Gamer cover will actually be focused on Sylvanas and/or the Jailer himself and not Anduin...

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine this is Blizzard playing the long game with the eventual intention of making Anduin a raid boss. Not because that will kill him and remove him from the story, but rather because a raid fight against Anduin would be likely to kick ass.

Not to mention that the slightest chance of getting Shalamayne as a weapon to transmog is welcome in my book.
    What if, over the course of the expansion, we the players get corrupted by death, leading us to fight Anduin. At which point he easily wipes the floor with us and then forgives us our sins, redeeming us.

Its worth doing just to the taste the tears from all the teenage boys and man children that inhabit the forums that are so unsure of their own masculinity that they feel threatened when a fictional male character is portrayed as be anything other than "ME BIG MAN, ME SMASH, RAWWWRRRR".

She's definitely trying to create her own Arthas, but whether it is successful or not feels missing the forest for the trees. Arthas' story was about a prideful fall of an individual that to us hadn't been set up as a shining paragon of virtue by any means. He had some problems from the beginning. The Arthas parallels they seem to be pushing, like with the Lordaeron entrance, could make sense if it's meant to highlight a character too pure to lose that same righteousness (like it or not, and as boring as it is) but it feels like propping him up unnecessarily as more important than he needs to be.

Anduin is just a good (alignment) dude. Why he needs to be the chosen paragon to lead the vanguard of the future OR needs to be Azeroth's Harvey Dent to prove Sylvanas' rage against an unjust cosmos is beyond me. He's just a fucking young monarch. Just because heroic archetypes exist doesn't mean you need to check off the box every god damn time.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-10-28 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Anduin IS the Jailer.